Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime Conventions!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tongue Anime Conventions!

So I recently returned from an anime convention I've gone to for almost nine years now (lord I feel old) and I bring back stories and revelations! (don't worry their will be topic at the end but I need to rant)

Popular anime series to cosplay as this year: Bleach (I'm guilty for this as well since I dressed as Kensuke Urahara)

Surprise anime: Naruto (cause it died out since last year) and Ranma 1/2 ( which had a larger turn out than usual)

Popular videogame series to cosplay as this year: FFVII (game and AC) and Resident Evil zombies!

Surprise videogame: FFX and X-2(which drastically dwindles to non- existent this year) and FF Red Mage (not very common to see at this convention and I spotted at least three! )

Best Costume: Fox Chakra Naruto

New Popular series this year: Death Note, Fate/Stay the Night, and The Melancholy of Haruhi whatser name

Hours of sleep: 4, the whole weekend...

Best Cosply skit: Don't know, since I didn;t enter I didn't bother to watch them this year

Best Guest: Spike Spencer (Shinji Ikari) he's a blast!

Hotel curfew: Lame

Food of choice: Wendy's or the new liquor store that opened next to it. Mostly cause Chipotle is a nother block away.

Favorite Merch: Too many to say but probably the Special Edtion Irresponsible Captian Tylor Box sets I picked up. Also a repalcement T-Shirt for the one I got my first time I attended the convention in 99.

Fanboy Merch: FFIV Advance (never opened, currently playing ), FFVIJ (with box and manual, now I only need an adapter and Super Famicom ) a figurine of Kefka Pilazzo (staring at me now and sending godly wrath down upon FFVIII figurine below on my desk )

Fondest Memory: Being kidnapped by a group of Bleach cosplayers I never met to eat at Wendys. Made a few new friends this year it seems.

Bed of Choice: Hotel floor...beds are for losers.

AMV song stuck in my head: Code Monkey and Leave Out All The Rest

Plans for next year: Get costumes actually finished , reserve hotel room instead of relying on acquatences and being stuck in a room with six guys . Get my friends together to actually perform "Snake Rhapsody"! Actually have enough money to spend more in Dealers room:twocents:. Bring my own alcohol cause my friends are losers that only drink Rum Go to Karaoke like I always say I will :sing: Get less sleep :x_x: and actually spend time going to panels

So what do you think about conventions? What are your plans for ones your going to?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I really enjoy anime conventions in the UK - there aren't many and they're relatively small, but usually great fun. I went to two this year - Minami (which is in Southampton) in March and Amecon (which is in Leicester) in August. Both were enjoyable and I had fun there with my friends. I'm planning to go to the same two again in 2008.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

I plan to head to Sakura-con in March of 2008, and apparently my Pleinair costume is nearly done =D I can't wait!

Sakura-con is probably the biggest event for me all year. I save up for the thing so I can buy spiffy plushies and stuff there, and it's always fun to watch the skits, karaoke, and live chess X3

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

There's an anime/sci fi/horror/gaming/comic convention I go to every year, but there's also Anime North that's up in Barrie or some such thing. I stay the hell away from that because the place scares me T_T

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Personally, I don't go to any Anime Conventions. However, most of my friends are going to AC³

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't go to anime conventions~

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I did a panel on FFXII on this year's ACEN in Chicago, little do the participants knew how much I bitch about the story

I loved the costume evenings, me and my kids went as Zelda and FFX characters and got asked to pose for pictures a lot!

It was all very much fun, but there were some crazy guys out there !

Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I'm not that big of a nerd.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

we went to fanexpo during the canadian meetup. it was a multiplatform that pretty much included everything nerdy. there was some anime stuff, but most of it was vendors and costumes. the big thing was gaming

I've never been to one, but I really want to go someday. I'm not sure I would dress up because it costs munniez and I'm really lazy. I might toss on a white shirt and jeans and go "I'M L FROM DEATH NOTE, ROFL". L and I do sadly weigh just about the same.

Wow in my neighbor hood there is another Anime Convention. But it cost $27.00 to get in. So I'm probably not going.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    I've never been to one, but I really want to go someday. I'm not sure I would dress up because it costs munniez and I'm really lazy. I might toss on a white shirt and jeans and go "I'M L FROM DEATH NOTE, ROFL". L and I do sadly weigh just about the same.
    Just get yourself a pair of cat ears from any kid's store and you're set. A furry tail and makeup whiskers wouldn't hurt either.

Trouble is you would be a hit with furries
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fun fact about those Yaoi Paddles. Sakura con got them banned from I think most American cons due to our beating each other with them and general rambunctious behavior.

I'm already preregistered for Sakura con 2008. I'll be cosplaying once again, and hopefully doing a skit which should be quite amazing.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently there's going to be an anime con in arkansas this year :OOO I'm kinda stoked

Anybody know any anime cons near Seattle? I would like to go to one sometime.

I would go as V and everyone would say "lol noob V isnt anime," and I would say, "Shut up. I haven't seen any anime starring Fat Kid in T-Shirt."