Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acoustic Vs Electic

electric, though i play acoustic, ironic

i can't afford an amp : /
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Quote Originally Posted by - - - TAURUS - - - View Post
    electric, though i play acoustic, ironic

i can't afford an amp : /
    I hear ya. I had to settle for a Marshall Mini-Stack. I SO want that Marshall JVM410!

Geez, that's like trying to answer the meaning of life. It all depends on my mood. In saying that, I really love hearing a band do an acoustic version of an electric driven song. They always sound so good. It'd be pretty cool to hear the opposite done too (I'm hoping for Incubus to one day perform Mexico in full electic. That'd be sick )

I'd say in the context of a band or generally backing vocals, I usually prefer the fuzz and wail of an electric guitar.

Though even the best electric guitar solos just don't move me like an amazing classical or flamenco acoustic guitar piece.
    What I've been listening to:

Both are great, but I'm gonna have to say Electric. Acoustic can be great too, and it really sets the mood for a load of metal songs. But like the above poster, the solos on an electric guitar can be incredibly moving. They can also totally suck ass (NSFW), but they can be incredibly moving too.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

overall i have decided upon acoustic.

I really like both, and it can really depend on what I'm looking for musically to decide which I'd prefer to listen to. I love a good electric guitar solo, but acoustic is so warm, inviting, relaxing and pleasant that it's so perfect to chill out to, just like acoustic piano. So for a good solo, I prefer electric, but to relax, I prefer acoustic.

Overall I tend to listen to more electric since that's the staple in classic and progressive rock, but sometimes that's too noisy and oppressive, and I need something unplugged - quiet and soothing.

Acoustic because electric is overrated and overused and people always first learn Smoke on the Water on electric and they play it .

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

I find an electric more versatile but it can never supplement an acoustic for that sound.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

it totally depends on the song

Quote Originally Posted by gyrus View Post
    Acoustic because electric is overrated and overused and people always first learn Smoke on the Water on electric and they play it .
    Are all your guitarist friends only a week experienced or something? Because everyone I know who's played guitar for more than a month (usually less) is sick of Smoke on the Water and Iron Man and stuff like that.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

When I want to think or I just wanna be mellow, definitely the acoustic. When I'm desperate to live, the electric. I prefer playing the acoustic too though ;D nothing is more beautiful.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Electric more so but I do like acoustic too.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.