Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TGS 07: Square Enix announces three new Kingdom Hearts games!!

Default TGS 07: Square Enix announces three new Kingdom Hearts games!!

Tokyo Game Show 2007: New Kingdom Hearts Games Revealed news from 1UP.com
    Tokyo Game Show 2007: New Kingdom Hearts Games Revealed
    First details on the three new iterations for PSP, DS, mobile.
    By Andrew Hayward, 09/19/2007
    Square Enix's Tokyo Game Show presentation is currently going down in Japan and we've got the first details on the trio of new Kingdom Hearts titles.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP looks to be a single-player adventure in the vein of the PlayStation 2 iterations, though not "Kingdom Hearts III." Birth by Sleep's protagonist was not explicitly named in the presentation, but he looked an awful lot like Zack of Final Fantasy VII/Crisis Core fame.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for Nintendo DS appears to star Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II, but its main draw looks to be four-player simultaneous play using members of Organization XIII. It will be in full 3D.

Kingdom Hearts: Coded is a mobile game, likely for Japanese cell phones. It stars the familiar cast of main characters from the original Kingdom Hearts (Sora & co.) and seems to be set between the first and second PlayStation 2 titles.

Each title is said to have a time-related theme: Birth by Sleep is "the distant past," KH: 358/2 Days is "time of the other side," and Code is "time has gone by." More as it comes!

---

I've never played any Kingdom Hearts games but this is big news to fans of that series. Please not that Kingdom Hearts 3 will not come too soon because the main KH team is working on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, it's the same team! What are your thoughts? I'll have to rent some KH games to see what the fuss is all about, can you believe I've never played any of the three games?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Well, I have a DS. But damnit... why do they have to spread them out over two different systems and a damn phone? Screw that. This is one big fail for SE in my opinion.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I don't even own a DS nor a PSP.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I've already expressed my feelings on spreading a single series across multiple consoles, but I can't complain too much because I have both a DS and a PSP.

Whatever. More money for me to squander.

I don't mind them doing some games portable, and some games on consoles, but putting it on 2 different portable systems just seems stupid.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I was kinda expecting one of them being on the PS3 when I read the thread title, but oh no!

oh well. I don't think I'm gonna pick up any of these

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Eh. I think I'll forget this was ever announced.

Wow, not only can I button mash at home, I can do it on the train, bus or even on the loo! YES!

So the rumors of a Kingdom Hearts PS 3 game being announced at TGS was a FALSE leak of info, not sure why that was posted earlier in another thread somewhere.

I haven't played any KH games, but I remember the composer is Yoko Shimomura, who I remember the name of, and I haven't listened to any music from those games. I just found out that she's one of the two composers for Front Mission, which I love! Then I found out she's the composer for Street Fighter 2! Then I look for other Snes rpg's she's composed for since I have every single Snes rom and it says Live A Live and Super Mario RPG. The Super Mario RPG is good but it isn't really my style, but it's great for the game. The Live A Live game has really great music!

I've added her to the list of my favorite composers! Also on this list are Nobuo Uematsu, Yasunori Mitsuda, Hitoshi Sakimoto, and Masaharu Iwata.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Banned

I wish they would release Final Mix+ and Re: CoM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not releasing The next KH game on a Ps3 or any other console will be Square Enix's and Disney's downfall.
    Last edited by Formalhaut; 09-22-2007 at 01:35 AM.

Actually, at the present time, Handheld gaming is most popular, seeing only 2 major handhelds and about 4 major Consoles, it evens out to hand held winning.

But putting 2 on different systems, that is just stupid...although, it may be an intentional dive, to see which is more popular, Nintendo or Sony.

I believe these 2 games could decide the whole future of SE's releases....may Nintendo be strong(Salute)

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

I can understand them putting it on the DS and PSP, but a cell phone is just stupid. BIG MISTAKE SE!

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn of Sephiroth View Post
    I can understand them putting it on the DS and PSP, but a cell phone is just stupid. BIG MISTAKE SE!
    Only cell phones in Japan can handle something like that, and from what I understand, the market for cell phone video games is pretty huge over there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

What about over in in Europe or America?