Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TGS 07: Square Enix announces three new Kingdom Hearts games!!

Kingdom Hearts made the front page featured article of the day on Wikipedia!!!
    Main Page - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following is the text they have on the front page. They also link to the article for the game series and other links for it also.
    ---
    Kingdom Hearts is a series of action role-playing games developed and published by Square Enix (formerly Square). It is the result of a collaboration between Square and Disney Interactive Studios, and is under the direction of Tetsuya Nomura, a longtime Square character designer. Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of various Disney settings based in a universe made specifically for the series. In addition, it has an all-star voice cast which included many of the Disney characters' original voice actors. Characters from Square Enix's Final Fantasy series also make appearances and interact with the player and Disney characters. The series centers around the main character Sora's search for his friends and his encounters with Disney and Final Fantasy characters on their worlds. The Kingdom Hearts series currently consists of four games across different video game platforms, though future titles are planned. Most of the games in the series have been both critically acclaimed and commercially successful, though each installment has seen different levels of success. As of December 2006, the Kingdom Hearts series has shipped over ten million copies worldwide, with 2.0 million copies in PAL regions, 3.0 million copies in Japan, and 5.6 million copies in North America. The video games have also been adapted into a manga series as well as a novel series.
    ---

Go Kingdom Hearts!!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Kingdom Hearts made the front page featured article of the day on Wikipedia!!!
    Main Page - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The following is the text they have on the front page. They also link to the article for the game series and other links for it also.
    ---
    Kingdom Hearts is a series of action role-playing games developed and published by Square Enix (formerly Square). It is the result of a collaboration between Square and Disney Interactive Studios, and is under the direction of Tetsuya Nomura, a longtime Square character designer. Kingdom Hearts is a crossover of various Disney settings based in a universe made specifically for the series. In addition, it has an all-star voice cast which included many of the Disney characters' original voice actors. Characters from Square Enix's Final Fantasy series also make appearances and interact with the player and Disney characters. The series centers around the main character Sora's search for his friends and his encounters with Disney and Final Fantasy characters on their worlds. The Kingdom Hearts series currently consists of four games across different video game platforms, though future titles are planned. Most of the games in the series have been both critically acclaimed and commercially successful, though each installment has seen different levels of success. As of December 2006, the Kingdom Hearts series has shipped over ten million copies worldwide, with 2.0 million copies in PAL regions, 3.0 million copies in Japan, and 5.6 million copies in North America. The video games have also been adapted into a manga series as well as a novel series.
    ---

Go Kingdom Hearts!!
    Indeed, go KH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Where in any of the games is it suggested that Xehanort is cloning himself?
    youtube
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 10-07-2007 at 11:52 PM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    youtube
    I believe I missed anything except references to fate and its inevitability?

Banned

youtube
    I believe I missed anything except references to fate and its inevitability?
    I think he's talking about 0:19-0:21. Some mysterious person formed from Xehanort, though there isn't any evidence to say that it's a clone except that they both have similar powers and abilities.

You're missing the point though. I never said the games mentioned anything about Xehanort cloning himself. I said people have theorized as much and I'm inclined to AGREE with them.

Somebody said that mysterious old guy IS Xehanort. A second person jumps out of Xehanort, looks just like him for a split second and then transforms into what looks like Ansem-possessed Riku with a mask.

I AGREE with the possibility that he's cloning himSELF because the Organization had previously succeeded in cloning Riku. Get it? Honestly, I don't even know why I'm still discussing this since that was meant as a reference and not a topic. This isn't a theory thread after all.

I think I'll just go back and delete those things.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

If I've offended you, Mercen-X, that was not my intent and I apologize. I misunderstood what you said.

I just interpreted the creation of the Riku-look-alike as a nifty bit of magick meant to enforce the link between Xehanort's heartless and Master Xehanort.

I AGREE with the possibility that he's cloning himSELF because the Organization had previously succeeded in cloning Riku. Get it?
    Actually Vexen didn't clone Riku, he made a replica Riku from data he got from fighting the real Riku.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Unthinkable View Post
    I AGREE with the possibility that he's cloning himSELF because the Organization had previously succeeded in cloning Riku. Get it?
    Actually Vexen didn't clone Riku, he made a replica Riku from data he got from fighting the real Riku.
    I'd say that fits the definition of "clone" perfectly in almost any situation.

I just interpreted the creation of the Riku-look-alike as a nifty bit of magick meant to enforce the link between Xehanort's heartless and Master Xehanort.
    That sounds logical.

By the way, the Neo-Replica's mask goes well with Possessed-Riku's Keyblade.

Also, I was in denial over the earlier claims about Power Rangers being involved in this game. But it's obvious that the masked fighters and the awesomely ugly villain are a tribute to Power Ranger fame.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Power Rangers.....they have been on TV for 20 years....but they use the sam ebad effects...I know, my little coison forces me to watch the crap.....and he thinks it's real.....GODDAMMIT!!!
    Anyway, went on Wiki, it said that in Birth by Sleep you play as Terra(Name confirmed) but Ven seems to feature a lot. In 358/2, the 14th member is a girl, and you can play as ALL the Org members in multiplayer....discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsze View Post
    Anyway, went on Wiki, it said that in Birth by Sleep you play as Terra(Name confirmed) but Ven seems to feature a lot. In 358/2, the 14th member is a girl, and you can play as ALL the Org members in multiplayer....discuss.
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know when you got this information, but the site seems to have had an update. It seems you there are three scenarios, one for each character. The theme of the game is Ven's identity and it plays on the PSP similar to Chain of Memories with a usage of decks (gag me).

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Three-hundred fifty-eight days over two" I prefer "358 half days"

Where does it mention that the new Org-ie is a girl?

Kingdom Hearts coded - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since coded takes place after KH2, you might think it was important to play. However, it only has a few new things to offer since it's plot is similar to CoM. I'm betting that coded will take you back to worlds you visited in both of the previous games.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 10-20-2007 at 11:00 PM.

Bad news for me.

I dont really like Kingdom Hearts.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn of Sephiroth View Post
    I can understand them putting it on the DS and PSP, but a cell phone is just stupid. BIG MISTAKE SE!
    Only cell phones in Japan can handle something like that, and from what I understand, the market for cell phone video games is pretty huge over there.
    Acually, they have a kingdom hearts game for the cell phone along with the final fantasy vii dc lost episode game. theyre avalible here in america too. but i wouldnt no if theyre any good because i didnt down load them on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsze View Post
    Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know when you got this information, but the site seems to have had an update. It seems you there are three scenarios, one for each character. The theme of the game is Ven's identity and it plays on the PSP similar to Chain of Memories with a usage of decks (gag me).

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Three-hundred fifty-eight days over two" I prefer "358 half days"

Where does it mention that the new Org-ie is a girl?

Kingdom Hearts coded - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since coded takes place after KH2, you might think it was important to play. However, it only has a few new things to offer since it's plot is similar to CoM. I'm betting that coded will take you back to worlds you visited in both of the previous games.
    I found the info on Wikipedia, they had an update, also went on Youtube first and there was trailer videos for BbS and 358/2, the latter of which had the 14th member at the end, hood up and smiling. She also had the typical KH Female Figure.

I found this out about 10-20 minutes before I made that post.
    Links ahoy!!!!
    YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep & Coded Slideshow
    YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days preview

The first is all the games, the second is just 358/2.
    Last edited by Clawsze; 10-22-2007 at 10:32 AM.