Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am just appalled at our governemnt

Quote Originally Posted by - - - TAURUS - - - View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin 'n' Tonic View Post
    Christians are always being oppressed. They have a right to protest.
    yeah man, with their wealthy Western culture, them forcing their beliefs on others, saying every other religion is wrong but theirs, refusing to think outside the box (it's a sin kids!), making ignorant statements about Muslims and the Middle Eastern culture(s), I totally believe Christians are oppressed

but in all honesty, I hope you're kidding, Christians are some of the most close-minded, egocentric, ignorant humans to exist (the majority, there's still a good few who are truly worthy of the title).
    Someones sarcasm detector is broken.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Yeah, I looked back in the topic and realized he was kidding, oh well
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    yeah man, with their wealthy Western culture, them forcing their beliefs on others, saying every other religion is wrong but theirs, refusing to think outside the box (it's a sin kids!), making ignorant statements about Muslims and the Middle Eastern culture(s), I totally believe Christians are oppressed

but in all honesty, I hope you're kidding, Christians are some of the most close-minded, egocentric, ignorant humans to exist (the majority, there's still a good few who are truly worthy of the title).
    Someones sarcasm detector is broken.
    Everyones sarcasm detector is broken in this here thread.

[QUOTE=Ouch!;2308034]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    It's not our responsibility to improve Iran's relation with Israel, that's Iran and Israel's responsibility.
    In 1947, the British government withdrew from the Mandate of Palestine, stating it was unable to arrive at a solution acceptable to both Arabs and Jews.[45] The newly-created United Nations approved Resolution 181 (the Partition Plan) on November 29, 1947, allocating just over half the land for a Jewish state and most of the rest for an Arab country. Jerusalem was to be designated an international city – a corpus separatum – administered by the UN to avoid conflict over its status.[46] The Jewish community accepted the UN Partition Plan,[47] but the Arab League and Arab Higher Committee rejected it.[48]

Regardless, the State of Israel was proclaimed on May 14, 1948, one day before the expiry of the British Mandate of Palestine.[49] Not long after, five Arab countries – Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq – attacked Israel, launching the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.[49] After almost a year of fighting, a ceasefire was declared and temporary borders, known as the Green Line, were instituted. Jordan annexed what became known as the West Bank and Egypt took control of the Gaza Strip. Israel was admitted as a member of the United Nations on May 11, 1949.[50] During the course of the hostilities, 711,000 Arabs, according to UN estimates, fled from Israel.[51] Arab persecution of Jewish communities precipitated a similar Jewish exodus from Arab lands.[52] The fate of the Palestinian refugees today is a major point of contention in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.[53][54]

sounds like the UN and any members of, kinda have a lot to do with the tensions in the region.

Ah, Ahmadinejad made a complete ass of himself. It was just entertaining
    Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2712300/1/

Big Brother's Xenogears novelization

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Talk about irony.

Speaking of irony, why has NO ONE commented on the sheer irony that a member named "Big Brother" is "appalled at our governemnt [sic]". Has no one read 1984? shame on ALL OF YOU.

oops. I guess in my sheer outrage, I hadn't bothered to check my spelling. Someone fix that, please.
    Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    Speaking of irony, why has NO ONE commented on the sheer irony that a member named "Big Brother" is "appalled at our governemnt [sic]". Has no one read 1984? shame on ALL OF YOU.
    I didn't think it needed to be pointed out, only a retard would have to have the connection spelled out.
    whos' obama?

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

Ah yes, the US government finally uses a bit of logic and diplomacy and people dont like it. While the Iranian president has spoken about destroying countries, Mr Bush actually done it. Well done.

It IS the US's responsability to take part in Israeli and Middle eastern talks, they wanted the responsability and as long as they arm Israel to the teeth, they may be there when it counts.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
    The President of Iran will be coming to the US, AND he'll be allowed to speak at an American university after just giving a speech saying death to America, death to Israel! How can our government allow this guy to set foot on our soil? Who will we allow to come visit next, Osama bin Laden?
    I'm appaled at you.
    North Americans, and you especially, look at you with the username "Big Brother".Says it all.
    So you think you're great?
    It's okay to invade a country because of oil but it's not okay to talk?
    It's okay to divide other smaller countries and make them fight?

Your doom is nigh,North Americans.
    The Russians are the new leaders now. So go and hide. In the end, you will eat your own flesh.
    And I will be there watching it.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Storm San View Post
    The President of Iran will be coming to the US, AND he'll be allowed to speak at an American university after just giving a speech saying death to America, death to Israel! How can our government allow this guy to set foot on our soil? Who will we allow to come visit next, Osama bin Laden?
    I'm appaled at you.
    North Americans, and you especially, look at you with the username "Big Brother".Says it all.

The Russians are the new leaders now. So go and hide. In the end, you will eat your own flesh.
    One stupid person doesn't represent all of us, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    I'm appaled at you.

I am aware of that, but still all I see is stupid people.

I'm appaled at you.

Ooh, picking fights on the internet...guess that makes you a tough guy.

1. The username "Big Brother" has no deep meaning to it like you seem to think. It just means I'm a fan of classic literature.

2. Do I think I'm great? No. We all have different perception of what constitutes greatness. A person who is great is someone who had a major impact on human society, be it positive or negative. I'm just an average everyday guy.

3. We didn't invade Iraq because of oil, otherwise the prices won't be so high. Bush invaded on bad information from the CIA. We don't have and never did have any reason to go into Iraq. As for your other question, if things can be solved by negotiations and diplomacy then I'd prefer that over bloodshed.

4. We don't "Divide smaller countries" or "make them fight". We do however have a problem of playing mediator in world conflicts and that in turn leads us to policing the nations in question.

5. My doom is nigh: If it is my fate, then so be it!

6. Russians are the new leaders: FYI, they're not. If any country will be the "new leaders" it'll be the People's Republic of China. Everyone depends on China for trade amongst other things.

7. Watch away. America welcomes you with open arms.
    Last edited by Big Brother; 10-04-2007 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    I am aware of that, but still all I see is stupid people.
    Again, one person doesn't represent us all, bud.
    whos' obama?