Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I am just appalled at our governemnt

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
    The President of Iran will be coming to the US, AND he'll be allowed to speak at an American university after just giving a speech saying death to America, death to Israel! How can our government allow this guy to set foot on our soil? Who will we allow to come visit next, Osama bin Laden?
    I don't see anything wrong with this visit. From the clips I've seen he got a relatively negative appraisal by the university anyway. Surely for a nation that supposedly supports free speech, it would be perfectly reasonable for someone who holds a different political viewpoint to put forward their views and to take part in a debate. That the president would even travel to the US is a diplomatic development; just a pity that neither the Iranian nor American president would actually meet each other. And to be fair, Israel have gotten away with a lot thanks to US support.

Also agreed with what Jimsour said.
    Last edited by Heath; 09-25-2007 at 04:49 PM.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I admit, after seeing that speech, I was being unreasonable by being angry about this.
    Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2712300/1/

Big Brother's Xenogears novelization

the return of the soviets. that's a good one. i can't be arsed with that, smurfing communism has done enough damage don't you think?

lol we're discussing international politics at a message board which censors swearing. does anyone else feel embarassed?