Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2007-08

Default Football Manager 2007-08

So, has anyone ever played this game? I'm addicted to these managerial football games, can't wait for the next one!
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

I haven't owned one in a while, but I'm definitely going to pick up FM2008 when it comes out. I expect I'll lose a few months of my life to it, as well.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah I get addicted to them as well. My last game played had me randomly managing Darlington and making them totally invincible with 34 year old Uraguayans and Iraqi international strikng legend Younis Mahmood, who was unstoppable for me. I was on an 18 game unbeaten streak last time I played it

I'm definitely going to be controlling the Gunners (Arsenal) on this one, and it's getting released this Sunday, 30th September in England.

I've usually broken stuff in the past from losing in the game, but my temper cooled down from the last FM07. I love moving to Barcelona in my files, and I usually take the name: "Jermaine Wright" as manager, I like being 38 years old as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard
    I'm definitely going to be controlling the Gunners (Arsenal) on this one, and it's getting released this Sunday, 30th September in England.
    That's just the demo, if I remember rightly. But with a game as great as FM, I guess it's even possible to get hooked by a demo.

I'll probably have a fun game as Arsenal when I start up, just until the first couple of patches have been released and the vast majority of the bugs removed. Then I'll start my "serious" game as a League 2 or Conference side, and see how far I can take them. Getting to 2030 or something and having a league full of regens is one of the most fun things about FM, if you ask me.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard
    That's just the demo, if I remember rightly. But with a game as great as FM, I guess it's even possible to get hooked by a demo.

I'll probably have a fun game as Arsenal when I start up, just until the first couple of patches have been released and the vast majority of the bugs removed. Then I'll start my "serious" game as a League 2 or Conference side, and see how far I can take them. Getting to 2030 or something and having a league full of regens is one of the most fun things about FM, if you ask me.
    That can take years...

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I keep meaning to actually get around to buying one of these games because I think I'd really enjoy them but I've never played one. A number of my friends do, and I spend enough time moaning about Everton to fix the squad in a game that's for sure. Are they easy enough to pick up, would you say?
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Piece of piss to get into, and you can take time to actually grasp the huge depth of the games while still being able to progress in a league and play easily.

Nothing makes me happier than releasing negative comments to the media about Graeme Souness as often as possible. Even funnier when it's the manager of some random league 2 team who has never come across him before anyway.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I smurfing bought Loz Championship manager 06/07 recently and then I find out everybody is bored of CM and is playing Football Manager.

and now FM 07-08 is out? arse.

I'd love play it but my laptop is a load of toss and overheats all of the time.

I hate American football, let alone managing teams for it. How boring!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Good thing no one is talking about American football games then, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    Good thing no one is talking about American football games then, isn't it?
    I still stand by my opinion that a game on managing a sports team is utterly and completely boring.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I've recently picked up FM 07 again after not playing for ages. I normally have two games on the go, a proper one with Brentford and a cheating one with another team. (i play two because turning Brentford into a good side gets frustrating)

My Liverpool side went about 8 games unbeaten (although with the squad i assembled they should do)

Omecle: Its not boring, addictive as crack but not boring (except for people around you when you are playing. My ex started throwing things when i asked her who to play on the left wing at 3am once)
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

I'm managing Arsenal and just signed up Giampablo Pazzini and Vincent Kompany. I'm 1st in the Premiership, and unbeaten except for League Cup (played weak team).

Banned
    Blog Entries

I played a game like that once.

I was playing as chelsea and for some stupid reason Frank lampard left my squad and joined shorpe so I gave up.

EDIT: S-C-U-N-T-H-O-R-P-E stupid swear filters.