Thread: I had my worries..

Default I had my worries..

I finally started playing X-2 the other day.....I wasn't sure what to expect, but after only about twenty minutes I realized this game was going to be good....I had my worries....but im looking forward to going through this one...
    :mog: Have Complete: I,II,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII,Tactics :mog:

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VI & Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Good. You worried for nothing then!

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Give it a few more hours. After 20 mins, you haven't seen everything. I remember telling people about that when they were playing FFXII. They hated it, well for a bit anyway, then loved it.

Anywho, it's a good sign you like it. Battle system much better then X's. Note: This game is easy. Very easy, for the most part.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Be careful...you miss tons and tons of stuff if you don't get everything just right x.x

Especially if you just jump to the hotspots...then you just get the (very) watered down version o:

Yeah, this game was very underrated. I was worried as well when I first bought it. After playing through it, I came to a conclusion that this was a decent game and wasn't as bad people make it out to be. Glad to see that you liked it as well

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, before I played this game I was convinced it was going to be average at best, but was pleasantly surprised when I found it to be very decent.

I enjoyed it. However, I'm sure the game can totally suck if you play it wrong. I hope you know how to play it to see everything.

A side note: My brother told me the game was gay because you play dressup with the girls. I asked him, if the game is gay, where are all the attractive guys? [Cough]Baralai.[/Cough] All right. But they're NPC's. I mean, the three main characters are scantilly clad women. Not to say it will turn gays off it, but it certainly won't be a leading factor in our decision to purchase the game.

My main caveat with this game was its story, or lack thereof. If you can deal with a one-objective, barely mentioned plot through 50 hours of side quests (and it looks like you can) then you will enjoy this game. I do believe it had too many redeeming values, however, to hate the game on that one point. Wow, that first paragraph was originally going to be all I had to say. Looks like I somehow managed to come up with a little more. Hope it's not too long.
    Last edited by The Ceej; 10-02-2007 at 07:23 PM.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I liked it. But a lot of others dont. Its a great game. As long as you dont expect for stellar world changing events. Everything seems optional so play it the way you want but be friendly to NPC's and you'll have way more fun.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

wait, 'yuna' is singing a pop concert at the beginning. how is that not immediately off-putting?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Of all the faults of FFX-2, the violation in tone from carryover characters from FFX is by far the most serious. If you can get past that then it's a solid, enjoyable game with many innovative features.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Battle System is <3

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silentenigma View Post
    wait, 'yuna' is singing a pop concert at the beginning. how is that not immediately off-putting?
    That is what puts most people off the game, but only because they fear femininity.
    jkhkjg

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

One of the best FF game I ever played in terms of gameplay and flexibility in term of story.

I love it so much that I bought the remake months ago and have yet to finish Chapter 1. I ruleZ!