View Poll Results: Do You Think The Overall Voice Acting Is Good?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 68.75%
  • No

7 21.88%
  • I Don't Know

3 9.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Voice Acting?

Bad Voice Acting?

Am i the only one who thinks the voice acting is quite crappy? i liked Balthier's, voice over, but i thought the others were emotionless and boring :O i liked the game and as in all the final fantasy's found myself attached to the characters but i just think the voice's could of been much better. Also i was wondering if anyone noticed the disturbing heavy breathing It might just be me, but i noticed in a few scenes such as in Rex's death there is a lot of rather heavy breathing i know he's ment to be dying but the breathing just sounds weird

Anyway topic what do you think of the voice acting in this game?

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

I thought the voices were fantastic, most anyway, a much better improvement then X and X-2. Pennelos did sound a bit muffled, and Balthiers did irritate me, but Frans was mysterious, Basch very..well, manly..8D? Reddas sounded really good, the judges, they were the best. Ghis sounded sly, Bergan like a true villainous sob. More characters had great voices.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

It's kinda hard to answer that...
    I think the voice actors were very proffesional and i understand why many people liked them,but personally i found them a bit cold and very "theatrical"...I got a feeling that most of the time the actors were trying too much and they were a bit over the top.
    I really liked Fran's voice though.

I thought they were all wonderful. Mmm, boring stock answer, yummy.

Banned

The only voice acting I found to be horrible was Vayne/The Undying in the final battle. The Japanese voice acting for it was much better than the English.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by PuPu View Post
    The only voice acting I found to be horrible was Vayne/The Undying in the final battle. The Japanese voice acting for it was much better than the English.
    Yeah I agree with PuPu 1 billion percent, the voices where all done really well except for The Undying which had a FANTASTIC Japanese voice over that put the English one to shame.

Blog Entries

The voice acting is quiet good

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The heavy breathing also disturbed me, especially at the end of the Pharos with the Sun Cryst. All extraneous and unecessary, but I did like The Judges and Fran. And I have to agree, The Undying was better in Japanese.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Nah, the problem doesn't lies in the voice acting, it fits well with the the medieval theme of it.
    They used a proper british accent, but I still don't know why they spoke the Airships in French.

Ashes: Very well, I will stop this Baahaamoot.

Anyway, the real problem is the Espers of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni View Post
    I thought the voices were fantastic, most anyway, a much better improvement then X and X-2. Pennelos did sound a bit muffled, and Balthiers did irritate me, but Frans was mysterious, Basch very..well, manly..8D? Reddas sounded really good, the judges, they were the best. Ghis sounded sly, Bergan like a true villainous sob. More characters had great voices.
    I thought the voices in X were much better :O i didn't have a problem with any of the voices they suited the characters really well i especially liked Matt Mckenzie's (Auron's Voice Over)

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Not saying they were godawful in X, just a hell of a lot more likeable. I found some voices in X to be...rather irritating? Yuna, Tidus and Rikku to name but a few.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It was certainly an improvement over FFX. I don't consider voice acting to be essential even now that technology has moved on, though I'd be lying if I didn't say that FFXII surprised me by how good the acting was.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by $howBiz View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks the voice acting is quite crappy?
    Yeah, probably. There was a huge amount of effort put into the English translation and it really paid off.

One of the biggest flaws with video game voice acting is that there's an overwhelming tendency to talk really slow, i guess so the player can read all the text (i finish reading before it ends). FFX unfortunately fell into this trap, although I felt it was still pretty good in that game.

XII is an example of being about as good as it gets. Even the "talking-through-the-helmet" effect for the judges is an example of the little things that were put in that make it that much better. Especially at the top of Pharos, the graphical emotions and the characters voices just express something so dramatically I can't even put it into words. It was great.

I'm not sure what the complaint on the Undying is though...

Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked balthiers one, he was smexy with that one, Fran's was good, Penelo's.. Ashe.. basicly everyone in team BAP and Fran was good.

The voice acting was phenomenal.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky