Thread: I've decided to buy a PSP and get this game!

Default I've decided to buy a PSP and get this game!

I only have a very limited amount of time and money to spend on rpg's, so I have to be very careful in which rpg's I decide to play, and I also try to stay loyal to the teams I like best.

This fall I am beating:
    Final Fantasy XII
    Alundra 1
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

After I'm done with FF XI: RW I have time to beat some older rpg's that I haven't beaten yet. I did a lot of decision making and I decided to focus first on my favorite team, the main Final Fantasy team. I also decided that instead of beating some newer FF's which I haven't beaten yet, I would beat the very oldest ones which I haven't beaten yet, and would start from the beginning.

So after FF XII: RW I will beat
    Final Fantasy I(PSP)
    Final Fantasy II(PSP)
    Final Fantasy III(DS)

I'm excited about this because I never beat those ones before. I decided to beat either the original Nes version or the best remake, the PSP version. I chose PSP since the Nes version is very old now.

I'm happy with this decision! How long is the game, with and without sidequests?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    I'm happy with this decision! How long is the game, with and without sidequests?
    There's really nothing in the way of sidequests in FF1, baring a handful of missable weapons (Excalibur, Masamune etc.), so really it's about the main game. If the PSP version doesn't have the DoS dungeons then it'll be about twentyish hours tops. If it does you can expect another ten hours on top of that.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Who's that guy in your avatar, Vegeta?

I'm excited! Gargh! I will never be 100% happy until the day Final Fantasy XIII comes out! I should put more focus in the present, after all I am playing Final Fantasy XII right now and it's great!
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    There's really nothing in the way of sidequests in FF1, baring a handful of missable weapons (Excalibur, Masamune etc.), so really it's about the main game. If the PSP version doesn't have the DoS dungeons then it'll be about twentyish hours tops. If it does you can expect another ten hours on top of that.
    DoS dungeons are included in the PSP version, plus a new bonus dungeon

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

FFI is an amzing game considering how old it is

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

FF1 = Important but not a good game now, I've played all the other 2d games but the first is just far too basic now for me to enjoy.

Yea, we all have our preferences as to how old a game can be and still be playable to us. For me the oldest game I prefer to play would be something like Final Fantasy IV and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past but they still show their age a lot. Something like Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest is barely too old for me. I could force myself to play it but it may be annoying. The remakes of FF 1-3 make me happy.
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Retro gaming will never be boring for me. Nothing is better than sinking into the couch and taking a trip through time with FF1. I'm still waiting on the Dragon Warrior series coming to DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Realm25 View Post
    Retro gaming will never be boring for me. Nothing is better than sinking into the couch and taking a trip through time with FF1. I'm still waiting on the Dragon Warrior series coming to DS.
    Yeah, I'm pretty hyped about the DQ remakes as well .