Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Aeris's Ghost Appearance [Spoilers]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    I know (and have proof) That the Aeris "ghost" was at least meant to be a ghost, but is definatly a glitch now.
    Cool.... *awaits proof*

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Cool.... *awaits proof*
    I actually said this before, but the FF VII Debug Room says that the ghost is meant to appear after Aeris dies, and also shows that she was meant to hang around longer, rather than just "flicker" and vanish. Since this is a programme created by Square to test the game, I say it pretty good proof.

I still don't know why they tried to remove the ghost though. But I have a couple of theories.

Yes, it's true. She was MEANT to appear as a ghost after her death, that's the whole point.

If Aeris was MEANT to appear as a ghost after her death
    Then that would make the theory more sense that Zack was MEANT to appear as a ghost in the AC framed photo as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Cool.... *awaits proof*
    I actually said this before, but the FF VII Debug Room says that the ghost is meant to appear after Aeris dies, and also shows that she was meant to hang around longer, rather than just "flicker" and vanish. Since this is a programme created by Square to test the game, I say it pretty good proof.

I still don't know why they tried to remove the ghost though. But I have a couple of theories.
    Interesting, thanks for that. I must've missed it earlier in the thread.

Okay, so having watched the "correct" scene in the debug video, it's pretty clear that it was intended to be a ghost. This is further supported by her appearance in the same place at the end of AC. In which case, the glitch was that she disappeared too early, as the debug version makes a lot more sense.

Even still I'm not convinced about the Zack theory. I really do think that's just a coincidence/illusion caused by the support structure and one of the globe-shaped lights being reflected by the glass on the picture frame. But I guess there's no way to say for sure either way unless someone from Square gives an official answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Then that would make the theory more sense that Zack was MEANT to appear as a ghost in the AC framed photo as well.
    But why the hell would he appear after he had effectivly said his goodbyes, along with Aerith, at the end of the movie.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Quote Originally Posted by jammi567 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    But why the hell would he appear after he had effectivly said his goodbyes, along with Aerith, at the end of the movie.
    The shot of the AC photo took place before their goodbyes, I think. But them saying goodbyes don't mean they won't appear as ghosts, I guess.

Cloudane, is your monitor a bit darker? Maybe that's the reason why you can't see the area more clear?
    Last edited by Serapy; 12-03-2007 at 01:11 AM.

Blog Entries

My monitor is one of the brightest you can get (iMac), and yes I can see the area and I can see that it kind of looks like Zack. I just don't believe that it was intended to be him, I think it's an optical illusion.

Nor do I believe that pic where you can see "the devil" coming out of the twin towers smoke, and hold exactly the same theory there.

My copy of FF7 showed Cloud falling through the roof of the church everytime you enter it, which is weird, since I'm pretty sure you don't actually see Cloud falling through the roof when that actual scene occurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

My monitor is one of the brightest you can get (iMac), and yes I can see the area and I can see that it kind of looks like Zack. I just don't believe that it was intended to be him, I think it's an optical illusion.

Nor do I believe that pic where you can see "the devil" coming out of the twin towers smoke, and hold exactly the same theory there.
    If the "optical illusion" thing on the photo seems to be generally relevant to FF7 then it's obvious that it was intentionally created by a designer. BEFORE I saw the ghost in the AC photo, I HAD no knowledge about FF7 ghosts then when I saw it, Zack came to my mind in like a 100% sec flat.

The devil thing on the tower doesn't seem to be relevant. But no way nobody can create the image like that. FF7 is completely different because it's a video game.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I didn't think it looked like Zack in the small cut-out you posted, let alone in the main photo frame picture. It just looks like a blob of light to me, not Zack or anybody else.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I wonder if SE will adapt the Aeris appearance in the Chruch in the remake version of FF7?

I didn't think it looked like Zack in the small cut-out you posted, let alone in the main photo frame picture. It just looks like a blob of light to me, not Zack or anybody else.
    Oh well, too bad. Even though the Zack's photo isn't the main concern.

Mmm... I've always thought it was Zack in that photo, but after I read Health's post, I thought I'd have another look.

It seems that one of the 'blocks' on the overhead thingy (didn't word that too well) gets mistaken... maybe... for the face of Zack. (See red circles.)

But I think the makers try to play with our minds by putting in what looks like a shoulder; Zack has them bare, like Cloud. (See blue arrow.) Plus, I think the right 'block' looks slightly wider than the left, making it look like a face. Which leads me to think it really is Zack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Seal Evil View Post
    Mmm... I've always thought it was Zack in that photo, but after I read Health's post, I thought I'd have another look.

It seems that one of the 'blocks' on the overhead thingy (didn't word that too well) gets mistaken... maybe... for the face of Zack. (See red circles.)

But I think the makers try to play with our minds by putting in what looks like a shoulder; Zack has them bare, like Cloud. (See blue arrow.) Plus, I think the right 'block' looks slightly wider than the left, making it look like a face. Which leads me to think it really is Zack.
    I saw that thing on the left as well, but as you said, Zack's arm is fairly visible beside it, and right where it should be if that were his face. It actually makes me wonder if it's supposed to be Aeris on the left as the archway seems to continue on unobstructed behind these apparitions. There definitely aren't any separate blocks there in the corners from what I can see.

I saw that thing on the left as well, but as you said, Zack's arm is fairly visible beside it, and right where it should be if that were his face. It actually makes me wonder if it's supposed to be Aeris on the left as the archway seems to continue on unobstructed behind these apparitions. There definitely aren't any separate blocks there in the corners from what I can see.
    Exactly, if the area of his arm isn't visible and if he's more blurry, I would have never made this thread in the first place.

From my previous post with the photo I editted, I added a copied photo of Tifa (but as a ghost) onto the photo and she and Zack quite looked the same (same opacity, etc). From what I did to the photo, it obviously shows that I have done the same job as the designer who put Zack on there.

Vivi22, that left side is very unclear, there's nothing suspicious next to the arch thing (just black pixels between the arch thing), but yes it quite looks like a unclear face (Cloudane is correct on this one).
    But the Zack area, it's WAY more clear.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7577/83864561xi2.jpg

The line pointed at his chest has to be his chest cloth.
    Last edited by Serapy; 12-04-2007 at 08:16 PM.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

im sorry seraphy my friend.. but thats a smudge or a pillar.. i have raised my gamma and resolution as high as it would go.. and no.. there is nothing there

OMG ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD.. OPEN IT! SO WE CAN GET IT OUT

*gets powerdrill*