Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Aeris's Ghost Appearance [Spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    im sorry seraphy my friend.. but thats a smudge or a pillar.. i have raised my gamma and resolution as high as it would go.. and no.. there is nothing there

OMG ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD.. OPEN IT! SO WE CAN GET IT OUT

*gets powerdrill*
    I guess this is another post of yours, wanting me to stop making up theories again as you implied.

Smudge from where? The shoulder doesn't seem to be a pillar because a pillar isn't supposed to be a round. If it was a smudge, it would be very visible very next to the area of a thing. The zack's shoulder substance is white, and the wall is black, most of them are grey, so it can't be a smudge either.

Like I said, if I was sure that it was probably nothing then I would have never made this thread in the first place.

o_O

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9738/huh2bf2.png

Assuming the grey wolf is a represention of Zack.
    Maybe it was that same grey wolf (inside that circle) with Zack on the top of it
    Last edited by Serapy; 12-04-2007 at 09:55 PM.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Bespoken by Serapy
    If Aeris was MEANT to appear as a ghost after her death
    Then that would make the theory more sense that Zack was MEANT to appear as a ghost in the AC framed photo as well.
    Well first we need to find out whether Square meant for it too look like Zack in a first place.

When I first saw the Aeris Ghost, I instantly wrote it off as completely a glitch, and having no relation to her death in the slightest - just a coincidence. But after seeing what I showed you, I realized I'd made a mistake, and it was indeed a ghost at least originally.

I have nothing against theories - but I don't see Zack, at all but I'm sure others will disagree that's fine.

Anyway back to Aeris, these are theories of what the ghost was for in the first place, as well as it being taken out.

Why it was there

1. It was part of an abandoned method of reviving Aeris (doubtful, as so much has proved that Aeris was not meant to get revived, ever, at all.)
    2. It was part of another undisclosed secret, that was either abandoned or simply given a new method. (more likely, but why use Aeris's ghost, unless relevant to Aeris? Logically, the secret must have had some connection the her, or maybe the Cetra?)
    3. It doesn't do anything, and is merely a "respect" that Square wanted to include. (this is actually pretty likely, the ghost could have slowly faded as Cloud tries to talk to her. This has no effect on anything but ads emotion to the game. A similar thing was done in FFVIII.

Why it was (badly) removed

1. The Aeris revival was abandoned, so the Ghost had to go (doubtful for reasons, I explained above)
    2. Square simply decided that it wasn't needed, and removed it (possible, but why do a similar thing the very next game?)
    3. It kept appearing too early (It's on disk 1 remember?) so Square were forced to remove it to avoid spoilers (Pretty likely, as I said it's on disk 1, and seeing as Square obviously failed to remove it completely, it's not too unbelievable that they had difficulty stopping it appearing too early)
    4. The secret did not work correctly, so Square deleted it. (Probably, it doesn't explain why a split seconded of it got left though)

Hope that wasn't too long for one post.

Nice, nice. But I still have a different opinion:

Why did the Aeris's ghost appear before her death (on disk 1)?

a) That part is ONLY glitched. Her ghost appearing after her death is not glitched as it's intended. When SE added the code, it was intended but apparently the code actually worked on all disks (supposed to be disk 4 only), counting as a glitch. It was intended, but her appearing before her death is the only thing that is glitched.

b) Some sort of premonition. Cloud, Aeris and Zack are related. Cloud then acknowledged that Aeris will die sooner when premonition occured, even though he hasn't done anything about it to stop Aeris from dying. Now in AC, as you see, he always ask for forgivenesses with his full desires, I wonder why. I mean, after her death in FF7. Time passed by (2 yrs) and yet Cloud still ask for forgivenesses.

c) Not intended, it was a glitch.. blah blah.

I'd choose between A and B, not C because it doesn't make sense. Many other things (if not, 98%) are perfect flow'd in the game, why only apart from the Aeris's ghost? Her ghost being a glitch is very hard to believe. It actually requires a NEW programming code for her to appear/disappear.

There are evidences to back it up that it wasn't a glitch. I can assume say that because there is no evidence that it was 100% glitched.

I doubt SE will enlighten us for a while because they want us to keep enjoying debate and serects, and those feelings for the replay value. I mean if they have enlightened us, next day we will forget about FF7.

I really can't wait to see the remake version (I hope that will happen) anyway.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    I wonder if SE will adapt the Aeris appearance in the Chruch in the remake version of FF7?
    Remake? Yet another rumour, and one that they've denied.

They've said they wouldn't rule it out, but nothing is currently in development... so basically, keep dreaming (Don't get me wrong, I'd love a remake too. I'd get a PS3 despite my loathing of Sony for that one purpose... I just don't think it's likely)

--

As for Aerith's ghost, after seeing the debug version I'm a lot more confident that it was intentional, and that the debug version was what we were supposed to see. But some random bug made her disappear too early. I find it very unlikely that they'd break it and then fix it in the debug version but not the full game.

Whether there was to be anything more to it, I don't know... we know that she was never meant to be revived, as I'm sure the developers have said that before (can't find the source sorry). FF7's style in some areas, especially the secret ones (perhaps because it was rushed out the door) seemed to match this, things would happen but it would be up to the player to interpret it. You don't get to see Cloud going "OMG was that..." etc.

Just for the earlier posters: You keep saying that Cloud is a clone of Zack. He is not. They call it clone but not in the western sense that we interpret it (direct cloning). He was infused with Jenova cells and Mako/Lifestream to become a Sephiroth clone (again, not direct clone, but powerful like him). But as we all know, Zack and Cloud escaped the Nibelheim Mansion and Zack was gunned down while Cloud was left for dead. It is because of this that Cloud has memories of Zack and Aerith. He wanted to fulfill Zack's life, and give meaning to his own life.

And, I hope this doesn't start a massive argument, but there will definitely be a remake of FFVII. Square would make too much money of it for them not to make it and considering their 20 year plan for the FFVII universe, I predict it will be the last game in the project. Hasn't been announced yet, obviously, but sometime in the next 7 years at most, it will.

Oh and I can see Zack's ghost. But I have no copy of FFVII currently to see Aerith's and I don't remember it. I feel that the Aerith ghost would definitely be a glitch.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

Blog Entries

I wouldn't rule out a remake, but given how incredibly long they take to make FF games these days, they'd better get started so we get to see it before we die / Duke Nukem Forever is released / whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    I wonder if SE will adapt the Aeris appearance in the Chruch in the remake version of FF7?
    Remake? Yet another rumour, and one that they've denied..
    Nope.

Blog Entries

Remake? Yet another rumour, and one that they've denied..
    Nope.
    Kind of.

I suppose they didn't absolutely rock-solid deny it, which is why I wouldn't rule it out. But it doesn't sound to me like they're doing anything just yet.

Basically they released a "technical demo" and said from the outset that it was only a technical demo and not intended to constitute a remake, and then responded to the rumours with no further commitment for or against. So IMO there's a net negative. Like I said though, I hope they do make a remake, and look forward to seeing it in 5 years time if so.
    Last edited by Cloudane; 12-06-2007 at 12:18 AM.

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In pictures: Final Fantasy XII launch
    Click 4

If they said it's a possbility, then they will do it. They already know that if they lied in the future, the fans will feel let down.

I'm quite anxious about this though, it's very hard to tell if the Aeris appearance is all true.

In that Debug mode, you know there's something which will somehow show you that Aeris will say "I'm sick of this" after her death. I'm not exactly sure, it could be because of your data being changed but I don't recall any other character saying I'm sick of this in the game, only Aeris said that.
    Last edited by Serapy; 12-06-2007 at 12:52 AM.

I read about this a while back, and if I remember correctly it is because Aeris was meant to die at the "Great Cave" instead of the Forgotten Capital. The Great Cave is the one where the weapons come out of and Cloud gives Sephiroth the Black Materia. This is why there is a cave in the Debug that is called the Great Cave and has Aeris' Song playing in the background. For reasons unknown they changed her death place to the forgotten capital. You can kind of see in the clip of Aeris' murder when Sephiroth comes from the top you can kind of tell it looks like the Great Cave before (and he no gloves) and then when angles are changed you can see a it's the Forgotten Capital (now he has gloves). Because the gloves mistake you can see that they probably didn't make it in sequence and it could mean that it was at one point changed.

BTW before anyone says anything I don't remember the source and I could be wrong. I read it a long time ago but I'm pretty sure it went something like this.
    Nandattebayo!!!

Blog Entries

(I know this is quite an old thread, but it's only on page 2 so it'd seem silly to make a new one)

Just been re-playing. Out of curiosity, as soon as I escaped from Reno in the church, I went straight back there with Aeris in the party. Her "ghost" still appeared. Guess that blows the not-a-glitch theory eh

Yeah, I noticed that too

that could only mean Aerith had a premonition of her own death with Cloud, nah not really just kidding but i had to say it before one of those silly CxA fans did...

(I know this is quite an old thread, but it's only on page 2 so it'd seem silly to make a new one)

Just been re-playing. Out of curiosity, as soon as I escaped from Reno in the church, I went straight back there with Aeris in the party. Her "ghost" still appeared. Guess that blows the not-a-glitch theory eh
    Premonition, so it doesn't matter if the real being of Aeris was there or not.

"Guess that blows the not-a-glitch theory eh "

That's still not justified as to why Aeris and Zack appeared in the end of AC.

the appearance of Zack and Aerith in the church at the end of AC can be justified with two words "Fan Service"... but really is it so far-fetched to think that maybe Cloud was fondly remembering his lost friends? it's common in some anime for the hero/main char. to chase what they think is someone they recognize just to have the apparition dissapear and it's usualy explained as the characters chasing a memory, maybe something simmilar is happening here, Cloud sees his friends then they fade into the ether as they walk away...