Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Aeris's Ghost Appearance [Spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    the appearance of Zack and Aerith in the church at the end of AC can be justified with two words "Fan Service"...
    Huh, Fan service? That doesn't make sense. I don't recall that a lot of FF7 fans have told SquareEnix to make scenes of Aeris and Zack appearing in the movie. SquareEnix did it because it's part of the story, no way is it for fan service. If it's really for fan service, then SquareEnix would have already told interviewers that the scenes of Aeris and Zack in the movie are not part of the story.

but really is it so far-fetched to think that maybe Cloud was fondly remembering his lost friends? it's common in some anime for the hero/main char. to chase what they think is someone they recognize just to have the apparition dissapear and it's usualy explained as the characters chasing a memory, maybe something simmilar is happening here, Cloud sees his friends then they fade into the ether as they walk away...
    Since Cloud is the only person who can see Aeris and Zack, nobody else can see them.

So if what you said is true, then it's also not far-fetched for Cloud to see Aeris before her death at the Church (premonition).

There's still no actual proof (unless one of you give proof otherwise) that the Aeris appearance at the Chruch is a glitch. There's a huge doubt on this assumption - FF7 is almost 100% glitch-free, execpt the Aeris one, so please explain why.
    Last edited by Serapy; 03-02-2008 at 08:42 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I couldn't be bothered to read three pages of this mess, so I don't know if it's been brought up, but this site is definitely worth looking at!

The Final Fantasy VII Citadel

The Secrets & Mysteries and Rumor pages especially n.n

It'll clear up some things, and make you wonder about others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I couldn't be bothered to read three pages of this mess, so I don't know if it's been brought up, but this site is definitely worth looking at!

I've seen the website before, the mystery about the Aeris's ghost at the church on the page doesn't really prove that the whole thing is a glitch. I'm surprised that the website didn't add anything about the Aeris/Zack appearances in the AC version because at some point, they are mysterious.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post

I've seen the website before, the mystery about the Aeris's ghost at the church on the page doesn't really prove that the whole thing is a glitch. I'm surprised that the website didn't add anything about the Aeris/Zack appearances in the AC version because at some point, they are mysterious.
    Not really. AC was all about Cloud's guilt. Guilt about what? Aerith and Zack's death. So if you take their appearances metaphorically they make a lot of sense.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Well, personally I didn't really think that was Zack's ghost in the picture at first

To me it was just a glare by Cloud's shoulder and the texture of the formation behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post

Not really. AC was all about Cloud's guilt. Guilt about what? Aerith and Zack's death. So if you take their appearances metaphorically they make a lot of sense.
    He has been like that for what, two whole years? I don't think so. He smiled at the end when Zack and Aeris faded into the white background. Guilt? No.
    In the game, when Zack died, there wasn't any slightly guilt seen by Cloud.
    Explain why Zack appeared in the photo, but not Aeris?
    Last edited by Serapy; 03-03-2008 at 02:24 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

When Zack died Cloud ended up completely shutting it out, which was why at first he couldn't even remember him, you can't feel guilty of what you can't remember.

Yes, he probably did feel guilty for the whole two years after the game. Which isn't really hard to believe, people go on their entire life feeling guilty over deaths they felt the caused, or could've stopped.

Oh your talking about that "Zack". Thats not Zack. Here look at my own picture to explain...
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...ros/Debunk.jpg

The movie was riddled with symbolic and metaphoric scenes on Cloud's guilty. The wolf that appeared in the beginning but disappeared by the end, one could argue the entire geostigma struggle was a huge metaphor for his internal, seeing as he couldn't won until Cloud overcame his guilt.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 03-03-2008 at 02:48 AM.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He has been like that for what, two whole years? I don't think so. He smiled at the end when Zack and Aeris faded into the white background. Guilt? No.
    The grey wolf that appears throughout the movie is a symbolic representation of Cloud's guilt. This has been confirmed by the writers. The wolf appears at the church, the Forgotten City, and Zack's grave. Cloud didn't show guilt at Zack death during the game because Cloud didn't have a complete mind when Zack died. It was hours, or maybe days, before he was a fully conscious individual again. During AC, Cloud comes to forgive himself for what happened in the past; Aerith and Zack are a part of that. While Aerith's not in the photo at the end, there's a bunch of flowers on the desk next to it, which could be interpreted as a reference to her.

wow Seraphy, no need to blow a fuse, fan service was said in jest i figured it was obvious from the context... oh and there's no law that says weird glitches can not apear in what would normaly seem like a glitch-free piece of software... and honestly there's no such thing as 100% glitch-free, and if you believe there is i have this beautifull ocean-front property in Arkansas i'd like to interest you in...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

f you believe there is i have this beautifull ocean-front property in Arkansas i'd like to interest you in...

wow Seraphy, no need to blow a fuse, fan service was said in jest i figured it was obvious from the context... oh and there's no law that says weird glitches can not apear in what would normaly seem like a glitch-free piece of software... and honestly there's no such thing as 100% glitch-free, and if you believe there is i have this beautifull ocean-front property in Arkansas i'd like to interest you in...
    Since I have knowledge of programming concepts, it's not impossible to make a thing 100% glitch free, especially for a console. Not all games aren't 100% glitch free, though.
    In the debug room, explain why there's an existence of the specific event - when you select one of the options, you get spawned into the church room and sees the ghost of Aeris. That does tell you something.
    Anyway, if it was a glitch, then it could easily get fixed, it's not hard to do. if (AerisGetsKilledl==true) } AerisModelAppearanceInDisc1,2,3,4 = false. So it doesn't make sense if they leave it alone knowing that it was an easy thing to fix.

Oh your talking about that "Zack". Thats not Zack. Here look at my own picture to explain...
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...ros/Debunk.jpg
    That's your speculation. The problem is.. look at the colour of his shoulders compared to the background of the bridge, they look completely different.

I know Cloud has had a guilt, but that wasn't the entire point because I was merely basing on my theory.

k?

Big D, this one?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's an entire bunch of flowers - yellow ones, like in the church - on the desk next to the pictures. It's visible at the end of the film, by the photo with the entire group and the "Zack ghost".

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

He smiled at the end of the movie because he'd forgiven himself, I mean...it's the end! Happy happy!
    Of course they'll be a part of his life forever, whether he feels guilty or not.

When Zack died in the game, Cloud didn't understand what was going on because he was still messed up from what Hojo did.

As Big D just said before me the flowers from the church are right in front of the photo, also you could easily argue that Zack isn't in the photo at all. Though looking at it now, I think they meant for the block and the glare to look like Zack

EDIT:

Also that purpley photo looks kinda like RedXIII

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the empire strikes back!!

whats that walker doing there? =)

Eoff Designer Recognized Member Rinoabella's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design
    This is my opinion. That picture that you see the 'ghost of Zack' in (between Barrett and Cloud), I think is not him. If you look on the opposite side of the picture, there is a rectangular section of the stone roof that is identical, 'face' and all. They are merely texturized structures of the building. I just feel that if there was any intention of putting a ghost of Zack in this particular spot, it would have been made more obvious. Especially since it's a moving picture and it's harder for the audience to spot these things.