Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aeris's Ghost Appearance [Spoilers]

Default The Aeris's Ghost Appearance [Spoilers]

in the Church... is no longer a glitch, it was definitely intended by the programmer.

How?

The Zack's Ghost in AC:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...hotographs.jpg

For those who can't see Zack in the photo.

There, it should prove that it definitely is Zack.

After I have been spending some time thinking about why Zack appeared in the photo. There has to be a logical reason for him to appear in the photo because there are so few unanswered questions left. Actually it could be because of Cloud's mentally stability - he's a clone, cloned by Zack. And Zack was Aeris's girlfriend. Cloud's flashbacks contained Aeris and Zack most of the time. Those two were very special moments for Cloud, I mean Cloud has special bonds between Aeris and Zack, obviously. So in Cloud's mind, he can see Zack or Aeris sometimes.

However, I now believe that the Aeris appearance inside the Church of the Final Fantasy 7 game is no longer a glitch to some extent. I believe that the appearance in the Chruch was indeed Aeris's ghost as intended by the programmer.

Although, the Aeris's Ghost appearance has occurred before she died, but perhaps that was meant to be a prediction for Cloud because like what I said, Cloud was cloned and has special bonds with Aeris and Zack, Aeris is very special OR only that part is glitched (Aeris's ghost appearing before she died) BUT I don't think the whole part of that appearance is glitched because FF7 is ALMOST flawless, why only the ghost that was glitched? So, Aeris being a ghost in the Church after she died and Zack being a ghost in the photo makes it perfectly sense. If I believe this theory, then the ghost of Aeris is not a glitch I'm pretty much convinced about this.

Oh, another evidence - Cloud saw Aeris and Zack in the light near the end of AC.

I know you would get scared if you see a Ghost.
    Cloud didn't get scared when he saw Aeris's Ghost in the Church, he would have said something like "Whoa, Aeris! Where did you go!? What... she disappeared" but he didn't, which would increase the proof that it was a 100% glitch. BUT he didn't get scared when he saw Aeris and Zack's ghosts near the end of AC either. So that should prove that maybe it wasn't a glitch after all.
    Last edited by Serapy; 09-26-2007 at 08:58 AM.

grasping for straws much? the so-called ghost in the game is a glitch and nothing more unless Nomura says otherwise... when making the game i don't think the play-testers went back to the church and if they did i'm sure many if not all missed it as the "ghost" dissapears so fast it's difficult to actualy see it let alone tell it's Aerith... only through the wonders of screenshots did we ever get a good view of the ghost to confirm it's identity, i myself have never been able to see more than a quick blur everytime i try to visit it at the times ppl claim it shows up, if it was infact a ghost i'm sure it would have lingered for a bit longer than the 1/4 of a second we have to see it, all other Zack & Aerith ghosts last long enough to actualy see them, though i'm still not convinced on that Zack in the photo in AC (could be a reflection)... also clone is used incorrectly in the game Cloud was not a clone of Zack or Sepheroth, Hojo cloned (read coppied) his research from the Sephiroth portion of the Jenova Project to attempt to turn Cloud and Zack into Super Soldiers like Sephiroth, but of course like the Sephiroth project it was doomed to failure... now when they say Cloud is a clone of Zack that is also untrue as cloud only cloned (read copied/mimicked) Zack because of Zacks constant talking to Cloud while he was under the influence of Mako Poisioning trying to keep his friend from going under and possibly never waking up again, unfortunatealy all the things Cloud took in while under the poisoning is what screwed up his head and caused his identity problems, he felt like a failure and would have rather been a hero like his friend Zack, that along with the before mentioned poisoning and infomation influx from Zack really messed the poor guy up... in short bad translation is to blame for the misuse of the word clone throughout the game...

You can't prove that the ghost is a 100% glitch though, I can't either. But the Zack's Ghost being appeared in AC makes it more plausible for Aeris's Ghost to appear in the game that it's not a glitch to some extent because all the stuff are there, go figure. Also, like I said, the game is almost flawness (almost no glitches) so it's kind of fishy to point at Aeris's Ghost and declared it as a glitch.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

when i visited the church the ghost didnt disapear till i steped forward, i stood still for a while to examine the ghost and it indeed looked like aeris... i even called my brother down to see for himself and it didnt disapear till i took one step forward. oh and intresting to see they included the entire main characters there... including zacks ghost, and the flowers representing aeris.... i would have liked to saee a ghost image of her as well the zacks in the picture.
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

i can never get her to stay, as soon as i'm through the door she's gone, only thing i can think it's prolly cuz i always have my chars set to run by default and therefore run into the church, guess i'll try it again later after setting the chars to walk by default, don't remember if that can be done in VII or not, guess i'll find out... still it's a glitch till Nomura says otherwise... it is odd that with all the fan attention this particular "ghost" gets you would have figured he would have said something about it's relevance if indeed it was a ghost of Aerith, as far as i know he hasn't but if someone has a link to an atricle where he talks about it i'd love to see it, it would be cool if it was an official ghost, but till then i'll remain skeptical about it as no one speaks of acidents, only accomplishments and if the ghost was indeed intended i'm sure it would have been important enough to mention officialy, it seems important enough to the fans weither it be ghost or glitch...

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post

Er no, that proves nothing. I've had a look at the original and the bit you've highlighted and can see only a slight blob that may be mistaken for a human face at best.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post

Er no, that proves nothing. I've had a look at the original and the bit you've highlighted and can see only a slight blob that may be mistaken for a human face at best.
    ya i see what you mean since there is another buttress on the other side... but thie white spot by clouds shoulder, looks like shoulderpad... and i still dont think th ghost is a glitch cause glitches usually come in one type of form... but the ghost comes in diferent positions.
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3

There's a reason for ghosts to disappear all of a sudden - they don't want you to notice them, that's why they disappear.

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9439/z2wa1.gif

This picture, you see both lighter and darker substances (both in half) on the Ghost area, that's how you started having doubts but since I have a very bright monitor, I could see the area very clearly.

- Why is the Ghost next to Cloud?
    - Why is the Ghost's hair black?
    - Why are the Ghost's shoulders/arms naked? Just like Cloud. Zack doesn't wear full suit covering shoulders and arms. Just like Cloud. He wears almost exactly the same as Cloud, both of them also have the same swords, go figure. I'm a fan of Zack, I have seen his sights quite a lot recently.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9648/10492230rt9.gif

The answer is Zack, obviously.

Unbelievable.

I believe that the picture in AC undoubtedly shows Zack's 'ghost'. *Nods*

However, in the FF7 game, I strongly feel that the 'ghost' appearing in the church before Aeris dies, is definitely a glitch! There are quite a few glitches in the game.

That part is maybe a glitch or a prediction. But if it's glitched, then the whole part (same effect after she died) is not glitched. There are evidences in AC.

If you look on the picture of the gang (in serapy's post) then you see another "figure" behind Cid. All this points to one conclusion, Zack was cloned before he died and whilst one became a soldier the other opened up his own flower store and ended up travelling the world. He eventually died at that point and any photo that gets taken there, he's in.

Oh my god guys, its like...the ring, where it shows their face distorted whenever they've rung the phone and I'm seeing comparisons between the other ghost Zack and the girl from the ring here, they're in cahoots! Look at A) The link between games and films, they're both media so they're bound to be connected and B) The way I type this confusingly which confuses you, you'll see the light.

I should become the new wacko who posts theories about ff7 instead of ff8.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

The answer is Zack, obviously.

Unbelievable.
    I bet you also think psychic mediums are legit to boot? Seriously, there's nothing there man. Let it go.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I really don't see a reason to say it's not Zack.

Also, as Seal Evil pointed out, the only glitch about the ghost thing is aeris showing up before she dies. To say that one of your main characters, especially the dead one, shows up like that simply from a coding error is a very unplausible idea. I don't understand how that's even believable.

yes, I saw Aeris in the church afterwards as well. I actually started a thread about it a couple of years ago and people told me that I was crazy and that it must have been a glitch in my game. But now that others have seen it, I know it wasn't just my game. Glitch or not, Aeris is still there until you walk farther into the church.
    NO SIGNATURE NEEDED!!

I wonder, has their ever been such a thing as glitches in the same game across many discs? Oh your right, its just foolish to think that.