Thread: Im jus wonderin

Wink Im jus wonderin

i wuz wonderin what would u give the ff12 in a rating from a scale 1-10

cause i been wantin 2 buy the game an i kno its a stupide question but do u thank i should buy it????thkz!!!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

HAHAHA I WILL KILL U ALL

~Death~Stalker~910

If you like RPGs, then there's no convincing reason not to buy it.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Gameplay: 9 I like the new direction for gameplay, but the storyline bosses were too easy after the fight with Mateus.

Story: 4 The storytelling of this game was poor, but I like the move away from the "Save the world" steryotype Final Fantasy has aquired over the years.

I need to update my personal rating system to be out of 10. Currently I rate out of 7 stars. I give Final Fantasy XII 6 out of 7 stars. Here's a short review...

Graphics - PERFECT! Movies, backgrounds, characters, monsters, special effects, world map, menus, everything!
    Sound - Great music from Hitoshi Sakimoto! Although I prefer Nobuo Uematsu's Final Fantasy soundtracks and Hitoshi Sakimoto's earlier works.
    Controls - The controls are great but need a little improvement. There is no option to invert the camera controls, which is the biggest and most obvious error. Also, I prefer more configuration options. Also, L1 and R1 should have been used for page up and page down in menus, but weren't.
    Story - The story is kinda good but it needs some improvements.
    Characters - The characters are kinda good but some of them need some improvements.
    Battle system - Great gambit system but you get little money and items after a battle, which makes it necessary to level up more.

Final Fantasy XII is great! It doesn't reach perfection level. I also drastically understated the great aspects of this game. Buy this game if you like traditional rpg's definetely and you should probably buy it if you like rpg's. For gamers in general, they should probably rent it.

Also, the sidequests are great in this game. It takes 100 hours to beat this game with no sidequests, then 50 more hours for most sidequests, then 50 more hours to level up to a very high level and finish up the rest of the sidequests. This is a main Final Fantasy game, beat it to 100% completion! Also, don't forget to buy the special edition version of the game from EB Games or GameStop that has a metal case and a bonus disc. Get the special edition version of the strategy guide also. Get all the soundtracks and singles next!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.

Buy it, it will be worth it for the gameplay and graphics
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

kick ass graphics (especially with what they have done to fran's ass)...
    cool gameplay...
    new type of motives...
    there's a lot of bad stuff but it has more to make up for it...

it's totally awesome!
    there's no reason not to buy it

9.5/10

The story is the only thing that lets it down. Slightly.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Have you ever spent hours grinding in an MMORPG? It's just like that, except there's no-one to chat with.

lol thkz guys

Final Fantasy 7

HAHAHA I WILL KILL U ALL

~Death~Stalker~910

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

10/10 - this game is just awesome. The only thing I really don't like is Ashe and Balthier.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

buy it but dedicate time to it, don't just play for a bit and give up. its a rich game that people give up on to early usually.
    9-10 for sure. i'd give it 10 if Ashe and Basch had more interaction.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

no1 should give up on a game cause it is beatin ya thats wat they r made 4

Final Fantasy 7

HAHAHA I WILL KILL U ALL

~Death~Stalker~910

graphics-really impressive for the ps2,the scenery is very compelling ad extreemly detailed:9/10

gameplay-ours upon ours of great gameplay.for every new place opened up for the storyline,theres 2 new areas to explore in places youve already been to.there is alot of tedious backtracking and area scrutiny for some of the optional quests.and i cant leave out how HUGE the areas are:7.8/10

sound-the music isnt the best but its pretty good.the scores match the environment pretty well:8/10

story-filled with elemets like traitoring and deciet.it took me early 100 hours to just get through the story:8.5/10

battle-set gambits and sit back and watch,not very amusing.sometimes the ememies can cause the battle to get out of hand and youll have to jump in.theres also the task of seting gambits multiple times(this can be very headhurting):6.5/10

extra content-who can argue with multiple hidden bosses?theres tons of optional areas FILLED with tough monsters,and a good reward waiting at the end.theres no "special dungeon"but once you fufill all of a certain side quest then you can fight the hardest boss,and geting there is no easy task:9/10

all in all id give this game an 8(8.13 for those who want specifics)
    Last edited by remnant1; 09-29-2007 at 05:54 PM.
    (SPOILER)waha made you highlight