Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Evolution of Beauty

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

Default The Evolution of Beauty

Boldly go.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, I feel enlightened about the apparent peer pressure women feel to feel beautiful!

It's pure madness.

I just have to look at my little sister to see how it's spread. She's only 11 and she's already extremely obsessed about her looks - all girls her age seem to be. Her and her friends' perception of beauty is very distorted.. I guess it's becaue they don't know better, but when I and other people (e.g. my parents) try to talk to her about it she naturally won't listen to us because when everybody else her age thinks something is cool or pretty then that's just how it is *sigh*

hahahah women.

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I tried to edit my picture from asian into a caucasian, once.

I never would fit in the magazines like that woman. My face is so round, my eyes not like what they call 'smokey' eyes, I'm too small, tiny, short.

The western women is like the ideal. Like the standard of beauty even. Even our men love them. LOL what are we to do?

Happy Birthday to Me

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    It's pure madness.

I just have to look at my little sister to see how it's spread. She's only 11 and she's already extremely obsessed about her looks - all girls her age seem to be. Her and her friends' perception of beauty is very distorted.. I guess it's becaue they don't know better, but when I and other people (e.g. my parents) try to talk to her about it she naturally won't listen to us because when everybody else her age thinks something is cool or pretty then that's just how it is *sigh*
    I know how that goes. ;[

It's a really terrible feeling.

Blog Entries

ITT women complain about looking good

EDIT: and pin the blame on men somewhere along the line

there was a picture here

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Right on.

Happy Birthday to Me

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Nobody's ever thought of defending the established demand on male appearance though. Until I see some, I see no gender bias.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I detest fashion.

Firstly, that women try so hard to be like the girls in women's magazines. Why? They're superthin. Do you really think that is going to impress the average male? Have you ever looked in a lad's mag? Guess what - the girls are curvy! The lad's mags mock the girls in women's magazines for being so thin. At least, the ones I read do. So don't go around saying this is all the fault of men, that we force women to look like those girls in magazines. This is of no fault of ours. I think every guy I know that has a girlfriend finds that girlfriend attractive, yet the girl will not say she is. So yeah, face up. It's yourselves that are doing this.

Second up, girls don't realise that whenever they moan about how they look, younger girls pick up on it and start to do the same. Women try to get their little baby girls wearing the latest fashion trends and they do them up like dolls. It's disgusting. Girls end up getting bullied because they can't afford the same clothes as the latest fashion! That's bloody ridiculous.

Finally, girls have no concept of their own beauty. They refuse to see it. Really. Most girls these days are quite attractive on some level. But they go around complaining that they're 'fat'. Look, women. Unless you can honestly tell your friend who is just the same size or larger than you that she is fat, you aren't fat. Don't give yourself double standards like that. Not only is it detrimental to your own health, it's a pain in the arse for all men out there.

If you're genuinely fat - and I'm talking proper fat, not "oh, I'm fat, but my friends weigh more than me and they're not fat at all" - go to a gym and lose weight. Facial features are purely a matter of personal opinion, as many people have shown to me judging by the many debates I've had with people over whether someone is good looking to us or not. Some people like freckles, some people like tall noses, some people like tiny noses, some people like curly hair, some people like straight hair, some people like short girls, some people like tall girls... you get the idea.

This is a HUGE peeve of mine. I can't stand how women are with themselves sometimes.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Anybody who wants to look like the women in magazines need to remember that they're not real, they are edited & airbrushed to look perfect.

Blog Entries

BoB >= God

there was a picture here

ITT: BoB destroys everyone with intelligence.

BoB >= God
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Aicha View Post
    I tried to edit my picture from asian into a caucasian, once.

I never would fit in the magazines like that woman. My face is so round, my eyes not like what they call 'smokey' eyes, I'm too small, tiny, short.

The western women is like the ideal. Like the standard of beauty even. Even our men love them. LOL what are we to do?
    Move to America. White people like Asian women.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?