Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Music No Life? You Tell Me...

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm a complete music dependent person. I listen to music 90% of the time I'm awake...heck I'm listening to it now and it's 4am. If you took away music for example just tried to ban it all I'm pretty sure I'd actually be one of these people who get arrested for having huge stockpiles of contraband...if I could I'd join a ressistance what fought for the right to listen to music. If however the concept of music never existed I don't know how I'd feel if I knew it existed to me (e.g. teleported to a dimension where it never existed but I still had my memories of music) I'd be pretty bewildered but without any knowlege of it I guess I'd be well...none the wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonThaReapa View Post
    A'yo, I just want to know what you guys think of this. We all know how much music means to us as humans. Music, no matter the form, is our communication. Our way of understanding each other. Our simplest way to briefly escape the harsh reality we exist in. This simple yet complicated phenomenon is what normally defines us as not only Humans, but as individuals. So, let's say this world did not have any form of music. Whether it be a simple rhythm or a song. And we had no means to identify music no matter how many enticing sounds play in our heads. How do you think that would impact the world and your life in general?
    This is a really, really good question that could have so many answers. Kudos to you, Typhoon, for bringing it up. It really is perfect for a thread.

For me, I have all my favourite music on my mp3 player. It's mostly within a genre called progressive rock, but there's some videogame music, classic rock, even pop, or jazz, or whatever. There are some of my own recordings drumming or even playing games, or watching videos on Youtube, which I'm doing right now with the music of Frank Zappa.

And if I didn't have that on my person, cataloging all of my personally favourite music, simply because it didn't exist, I wouldn't have moments in time in which personal experience led to greater enlightment. Sometimes I get chills listening to my favourite tunes from ScummVM games (composed by masters Peter MConnell, Michael Land and Clint Bajakian) or laugh at my favourite audio books, say, the Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy. And I can bookmark any microsecond of that audio book to continue after I've fallen asleep listening to it.

I guess I'm saying that I wouldn't be able to tie down pleasurable personal experiences and moments into memories of music.

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    My mum even went to Bob Dylans famous Manchester Free Trade Hall gig (The Judas gig) and even that pivotal event had no effect on her, she only went cos my dad insisted.
    ;__; would we could swap...places
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D