View Poll Results: Are you buying Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 76.00%
  • Probably

0 0%
  • Not sure

3 12.00%
  • Probably not

0 0%
  • No

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's buying Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

Default Who's buying Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings?

I'm buying a Nintendo DS for this game and I'm getting the game the day it comes out, November 20th, at midnite! I'll take the day off to play it. I'm real excited about this game, it's my most anticipated game of the year. Last year I was anticipating Final Fantasy XII most, and next year I'm anticipating Final Fantasy XIII most.

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FINAL FANTASY XII REVENANT WINGS
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Gaze Upon the Mega Man! JackNapier's Avatar

I'll rent it and see where it goes from there. If I enjoy it enough then I will definitely buy it.

I will definitly buy it. I've been wanting to play a good DS game for a while now

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Ubel, I can't believe your signature picture is Kefka in his final form, that is great! I used to have part of that picture as my avatar also! Final Fantasy VI is by far my favorite game. The only thing that can try to come close to it is Chrono Trigger, and that also has a big lead over my third favorite game! I don't know if I'll ever play a game as good as Final Fantasy VI!

Crossblades, your signature of Final Fantasy VI characters, with a short comic strip, is great! Have you considered making more comic strips and jokes? Please think of some more stuff.

EDIT:
    I was watching the videos from the Japanese official website for FF XII: RW and I found a great one.
    FINAL FANTASY XII REVENANT WINGS
    Click on downloads to see the trailers, and then click on the one on the bottom right that says E3 right below it. That's the final trailer released for this game. At the very end of the trailer, Yiazmat shows up~!! He appears and starts threatening the party, who are suddenly faced with having to battle Yiazmat! That's a great ending to the final trailer! This reminds me of when the final trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children came out and in the final seconds of the final trailer, Sepiroth shows up! Cloud then is faced with a task of having to battle against Sepiroth. That FF XII: RW trailer was great!
    Last edited by Dragonsoul; 10-05-2007 at 12:24 AM.
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

i can't wait to get it i played the japanese one but it will be great to actually understand what they are saying.
    I love Fran in this game, you really get to see another side to her.
    and Basch and Ashe altho they are only in it a bit seem to be a pretty dynamic dou
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

I played some of the Japanese version via an R4 cart. It didn't seem like anything special.

the thing i love the most about it is that there are cool video scene all the way thru, not just at the beginning and end, it just is a nice touch cos so often i buy a game and hope that will happen and it doesn't (is looking at you ffIII)
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'll certainly take a look. I'm sure one of my friends will buy it before I do, so I'll ask their opinion, perhaps play it a bit and see what we make of it collectively before deciding to invest in the game myself. I'm looking forward to it though.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Default oi

I want them to make a brand-new Final Fantasy wherein the Chocobos have evolved into humanoids who still bear bird-like features and can transform into giant birds. Revenant Wings features a new species of winged humans and I think it'd be awesome to have a game which features similar creatures I've already named, the Chocs. It's lame for now, I know, but the concept is cool and you're a liar if you say it isn't.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Buying it!!!
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yep, got it on reserve... a little early but i couldn't refuse

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    I want them to make a brand-new Final Fantasy wherein the Chocobos have evolved into humanoids who still bear bird-like features and can transform into giant birds. Revenant Wings features a new species of winged humans and I think it'd be awesome to have a game which features similar creatures I've already named, the Chocs. It's lame for now, I know, but the concept is cool and you're a liar if you say it isn't.
    That is great!

Anyways, November 9th is the paycheck in which I will use the money to buy a Nintendo DS Lite Silver and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings and it's strategy guide. The EB Games nearby me and the Gamestop also should be open at midnite(Mass Effect and Rock Band and Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess are released also at midnite!). I'll wait in line and get this game. I'm excited because I'll take a few days off of work/school hopefully for this.

I read all three reviews of Zelda: PH for DS on Rpgamer, they give it slightly lower than expected reviews but the Metacritic.com/games reviews are high for this game. I wonder if it'll be better than Links Awakening(Zelda: PH or FF XII: RW)?

Bolivar I have only Lost Odyssey on reserve. I had Blue Dragon on reserve but changed it. I was thinking Mass Effect or Lost Odyssey but I ended up choosing Lost Odyssey, which is good because I'm not planning on buying Mass Effect, only renting it to see how it goes, but I plan to buy Lost Odyssey. I'll go reserve FF XII: RW also eventually. I wish I could get the special edition DS for FF XII: RW!
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    I'll go reserve FF XII: RW also eventually. I wish I could get the special edition DS for FF XII: RW!
    Yeah those look really cool. One thing I have to say is that this game has had some impressive artwork so far

Hell no.

1. I don't have a DS.
    2. Final Fantasy 12 is garbage.
    3. Vaan and Penelo are two of the worst characters ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    I'll go reserve FF XII: RW also eventually. I wish I could get the special edition DS for FF XII: RW!
    Yeah those look really cool. One thing I have to say is that this game has had some impressive artwork so far
    I wonder if I could play the Usa version of FF XII: RW on the Japanese FF XII: RW special edition Nintendo DS Lite?
    *Last Update 7-25-2008