Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gameplay!

Default gameplay!

What do you think of the gameplay? The first final fantasy game I played was 7 things have changed a lot since then but I still think the battle system should stay the same theirs something different and final fantasy about it, I don’t like the new system! who likes it and who doesn’t?

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

for me, it was an OK transformation..
    the maps are massive and very challenging indeed. enemies can mob you, you wont even have time to think. But i definitly wouldnt mind if it was a turn-base battle system. Either way, square has done a splendid job once again.

SIGSIG

I loved it!!

The only changes i would like to see are a bigger license board,and some gambits/magic spells to be obtainable earlier in the game because by the time they were available,they were almost useless.

I like it more than the old one.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    I like it more than the old one.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

i think it was good for the boss battles (i remmeber the one with the giant spider) but when your fighting monsters its too easy

Hand to forehead picture anyone?

but things should change, not stay the same.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Valentine 007 View Post
    I still think the battle system should stay the same theirs something different and final fantasy about it, I don’t like the new system! who likes it and who doesn’t?
    Final Fantasy without change isn't Final Fantasy.

Frankly, I love the new system more than mere words can express. It was fresh, exciting, and challenging. I can't stand turn based systems. I didn't used to have a problem with them, but quite frankly, it's about time RPG's start moving away from it. I've been playing RPG's for 15 years or more and frankly find it sad that a lot of games still cling to such an archaic system. It was fine on the NES, SNES, and even the PSX, but I'm definitely glad Square's changing things up now. It's about damn time.

Blog Entries

It would be too boring if they kept using the same battle system for every game.So i like the new changed one a lot

the change is quite refreshing really. it fits the game well. a new style follwing a storyline like it happened before the events that transpired in FFT. nice!
    I NEED SIG. I NEED SIG.
    CAN ANYONE GIVE ME? I'LLGIVE ALL MY LOVIN' TO THEE IF YOU GIVE ME. SIG. PLS??????
    :mog: :mog:

(SPOILER)PEE KA BOO!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked it alot but for a Final Fantasy I think it could have been implemented alot better. I think if they did something like Chrono Trigger in the same setting it would've been amazing.

The battles just aren't as intense without a killer battle theme and the way they began to use camera angles on the PSX made it a truly incredible experience. I remember asking myself when playing the demo: "but how the hell are they going to have boss battles like this???"

Answer: by taking you out of battle to a story sequence and then back in. This game was a step-back in a few minor ways, one of which being that it re-constructed the barrier between cutscene and gameplay, something which Square worked hard to destroy with FFVII. FFXII was superior to most games, but it didn't pull you in to the story quite like the other newer ones did.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

FFXII has my favorite battle system in the entire series, hands down.

yea,the battles are the biggest change.its sweet exept for the fact that only 1 high spell can be cast at a time(extreeeemly frustrating at times).and like niflhiem said,the spells could have done with more effenciancy
    (SPOILER)waha made you highlight

oh yeah... i just realized that now coz i almost never use spells (except beffs) coz they are much of a hassle for me... but the more complicated the systrem, the more challenging it is for me which results to more fun and excitement!
    I NEED SIG. I NEED SIG.
    CAN ANYONE GIVE ME? I'LLGIVE ALL MY LOVIN' TO THEE IF YOU GIVE ME. SIG. PLS??????
    :mog: :mog:

(SPOILER)PEE KA BOO!

I love the new battle system. I think it gives the game an awesome sense of action. I went from playing X right into XII, so it was kinda difficult for me to get used to at first. After awhile I mastered the controls and really fell in love with battle system though. Once you get the hang of it and get your Gambits tweaked, it really brings the game to life. I hope Square will continue building on this battle system in future titles. (I think XIII is supposed to have a similar system, am I right?)