11 36.67%
  • I felt a little/no emotion.

5 16.67%
  • I never reached the ending.

2 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you cry?

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

I cried. It was amazing. I still wanna fan fic vivi back to life.

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Psi, everything you said was true, but...

at the time, the game was an amazing experience period. The ending to me was a great way to end this epic game and when Melodies of Life played with an english singer, showing all the moments throughout the game, yes it was very emotional. I almost cried. I remember one of my friends asking on the school bus "was it as good as VII?" "s***..." "what?" "...I think it might be better".

After beating it about a year ago I have to say it hasn't aged as well as some of the other FF's. The ending actually seemed kinda cheesy and way too predictable. I hope I don't feel that way the next time I play through because it used to be one of my favorite games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I cried, because I'm a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    I literally exclaimed "That ending sucked!" after sitting through it. Such a boring, anticlimatic ending.
    Anticlimatic! Anticlimatic? Anticlimatic!?
    "You were an asshole Kuja, but after seeing what you did, I've suddenly developed emotions. Don't ask how, because I'm a genome, and genomes were suddenly established at the end of disc 3 as some kinda freaky drone race."

"I am making a speech about cooking and showing that, as the comic relief character, I haven't changed at all!"

"I love you Freya, even though I don't have the faintest frickin' clue who you are."
    "Oh Fratley, even though you totally abandoned me and forgot my name, identity and even my love, I'm just glad to have you back."

"Hello Lani. I am walking to a play. Do you want to walk behind me?"
    "Yeah okay."

"Calm down Eiko, my airship is very fast!"
    "I'm going to address you as father in a poorly established twist."
    "Darling, that's so sweet!"

"I'm not Vivi, I'm his son, meaning he can apparently propagate."
    "Wow, really? That's even crazier than me being a poorly spoken prince!"

"I am leaving my post as the supreme Alexandrian commanding officer for no particular reason."
    "No, stay! I will be your boyfriend, even though I must be at least fifteen years older than you!"
    "Score!"

"I am Vivi, these are my vaguely established last words."

"The play is about to start. Fortunately, you can't see me from above this time, as the animation of my dress makes me look kinda like a centauric take on Jabba The Hutt... hey, maybe Zidane woulda called me Dagger The Hutt! Teehee!"

"Lo, for I am Marcus, making a cheesy oblique reference to FF7/8! Lo, for I am not really Marcus! I am the great thief Zidane in a cunning disguise! If this game had a fully spoken script it would've been way too obvious of course."
    "Ho noes! Time to run down to the stage in a thirty-second FMV! I'm gonna allude to being in love with you now."
    "Calm down Dagger, it's time for the ultimate cop-out ending: A clip show of all the previous FMVs."
    "What? The actual ending itself only had about three minutes' worth of FMV! Everything else was in the realtime graphics and totally boring to watch! What the smurf do they think this is, an American serial drama?!"
    "Yeah, it was kinda random, like FF4's ending but less cheerful because we had to listen to you sing all the way through it. By the way, how did you learn all the lyrics when you were still like only two years old?"
    "Bugger if I know, that makes about as much sense as Necron's appearance."

FF9's ending was an utter disaster, like a beautiful train that suddenly went off the rails and down a cliff, colliding with a bomb factory. Mortal Kombat Armageddon has better character endings than this... in fact, after thinking about FF9's ending, I'm starting to like the idea of Li Mei trapping Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in an obelisk where they must fend off "wave after wave of aggressors for eternity".
    i agree that more of the ending should have been done in FMV but the rest of what you said can be done with any game. any final fantasy ending can be made to look bad like that. zidane could ahve easily made his voice sound different so no one could tell on stage. and the fmv in the credits was a great idea made you want to watch the credits more so.

FFIX had a great ending. i remember watching the ending going "is that zidane on stage it has to be. oh its him no doubt about it" then he throws off the cloak to make a perfect ending. i jumped out of my chair even though i exspected it. the height of my emotion was me jumping out my chair.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked the ending. I have nothing bad to say about it. I didn't cry, though.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I HAVE NO SOUL
    jkhkjg

The ending was pretty emotional, but I didn't cry

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I literally exclaimed "That ending sucked!" after sitting through it. Such a boring, anticlimatic ending.
    Anticlimatic! Anticlimatic? Anticlimatic!?
    "You were an asshole Kuja, but after seeing what you did, I've suddenly developed emotions. Don't ask how, because I'm a genome, and genomes were suddenly established at the end of disc 3 as some kinda freaky drone race."

"I am making a speech about cooking and showing that, as the comic relief character, I haven't changed at all!"

"I love you Freya, even though I don't have the faintest frickin' clue who you are."
    "Oh Fratley, even though you totally abandoned me and forgot my name, identity and even my love, I'm just glad to have you back."

"Hello Lani. I am walking to a play. Do you want to walk behind me?"
    "Yeah okay."

"Calm down Eiko, my airship is very fast!"
    "I'm going to address you as father in a poorly established twist."
    "Darling, that's so sweet!"

"I'm not Vivi, I'm his son, meaning he can apparently propagate."
    "Wow, really? That's even crazier than me being a poorly spoken prince!"

"I am leaving my post as the supreme Alexandrian commanding officer for no particular reason."
    "No, stay! I will be your boyfriend, even though I must be at least fifteen years older than you!"
    "Score!"

"I am Vivi, these are my vaguely established last words."

"The play is about to start. Fortunately, you can't see me from above this time, as the animation of my dress makes me look kinda like a centauric take on Jabba The Hutt... hey, maybe Zidane woulda called me Dagger The Hutt! Teehee!"

"Lo, for I am Marcus, making a cheesy oblique reference to FF7/8! Lo, for I am not really Marcus! I am the great thief Zidane in a cunning disguise! If this game had a fully spoken script it would've been way too obvious of course."
    "Ho noes! Time to run down to the stage in a thirty-second FMV! I'm gonna allude to being in love with you now."
    "Calm down Dagger, it's time for the ultimate cop-out ending: A clip show of all the previous FMVs."
    "What? The actual ending itself only had about three minutes' worth of FMV! Everything else was in the realtime graphics and totally boring to watch! What the smurf do they think this is, an American serial drama?!"
    "Yeah, it was kinda random, like FF4's ending but less cheerful because we had to listen to you sing all the way through it. By the way, how did you learn all the lyrics when you were still like only two years old?"
    "Bugger if I know, that makes about as much sense as Necron's appearance."

FF9's ending was an utter disaster, like a beautiful train that suddenly went off the rails and down a cliff, colliding with a bomb factory. Mortal Kombat Armageddon has better character endings than this... in fact, after thinking about FF9's ending, I'm starting to like the idea of Li Mei trapping Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in an obelisk where they must fend off "wave after wave of aggressors for eternity".

I couldnt agree more, After the Ending in ff7 anf ff8, this was a major let down. It was nice they tried to tie up all the characters storys. But they did it with in game graphics not FMV. As Psi noted some of the tie ups did not make any sence.... I mean who did Vivi 1 have sex with or did he just find a way to "magicly" asexually repoduce many times?

The only part of the ending that was in video form was dagger seeing zidane getting stuck at a door , showing Beatrix and Stiener stoping her smiling leting her through her hugging him , crying then hitting him, and then everyone cheers.

Yes they tieed it up nicly but the ending was presented rather poorly compaired to Final fantasy 8, and the ending was rushed.

Dont get me wrong I know it was the end for all traditonal FF games. But they could of put more effort into the ending. It just seems that after killing Trance Kuja the game staff gave up and thought 'oh lets throw a boss at makes no sense... and then just to piss the fans off more we wont give them a ending full of eye candy or that makes much of a point that will make them happy'.

^I thought the ending was better than FFVIIIs. FFVIII's ending didnt do anything for me, although the Final Battle was awesome.

The final FMV for FFIX was sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Xear View Post
    I couldnt agree more, After the Ending in ff7 anf ff8, this was a major let down. It was nice they tried to tie up all the characters storys. But they did it with in game graphics not FMV. As Psi noted some of the tie ups did not make any sence.... I mean who did Vivi 1 have sex with or did he just find a way to "magicly" asexually repoduce many times?
    Vivi made black mages in the way that Kuja made black mages. Hypothesiss goes that he used the mist from the Iifa tree, or even himself to form them, using the machinery in Dali.

Note how Vivi means life. Vivi found a way to conquer death, which I think is a very fitting ending. The exact explanation is not necessary because we know that existence of Vivi's sons are plausible.

@ReloadPsi: I cant be bothered to answer all the flaws in your comments. But have you ever heard of disguising your voice?

Anyway, maybe you were asleep during the beginning of the game which is the reason why it all doesnt wrap up nicely for you. Like it did for me. Better than any other Final Fantasy ending. Ever.

And FFVII's ending sucked. The game was good but the ending was rushed so badly it didnt even feel like the end.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Anyway, maybe you were asleep during the beginning of the game
    I wasn't. I guess I forgot to mention that I in fact loved this game, but didn't enjoy the ending because of all the reasons said earlier: a bunch of random plot resolutions (some of which made little sense) and an FMV clip show. I know FF9 was meant to be a throwback to the first six games but I don't need a throwback of what I was just playing. Yes I've heard of disguising one's voice too.

^

Vivi made black mages in the way that Kuja made black mages. Hypothesiss goes that he used the mist from the Iifa tree, or even himself to form them, using the machinery in Dali.

Note how Vivi means life. Vivi found a way to conquer death, which I think is a very fitting ending. The exact explanation is not necessary because we know that existence of Vivi's sons are plausible.
    There was a small problem with that thoery, that just adds some complications.

1) After the death of Kuja there was only a limited amount of Mist if any, as not only was it destroyed early on in the game, but also at the the end of the game. Basicly Mist was not in abudance , and Mist was needed as a natural resorce

2) the factory in Dali, was producing a different moddle of Black mage, And I doubt the workers at Dali would of known the exsact controls. It also adds the complication of how. Unless Vivi found an expert to tell him how to repoduce himself in the factory and how to operate the machinary and alter the settings. Braham was given the machines by Kuja, but it is also likely that Kuja did not give her an technical manual.... So who was the expert to make the "cloning" possible?

The existance of his offspring or "copys" would only be possible with the expertise and the natural resorces. The reasorces where limited at best, and unless they got some kind of genius to some how put Vivi's DNA (or whatever he has) as a blue print It would not work.

It would of been nice for a explanation, Just like the final boss it just seems like a giant hole in the plot. thats all

@ReloadPsi: I think the introduction of Genomes at such a late stage was probably FFIXs biggest weakness, but I still disagree strongly about the ending. I think all the plot resolutions were strong.

Vivi - He conquered death and came to terms with it. Eve though how exactly is not known, he found answers to his own questions.
    Eiko - She found a home so she's not longer alone. She has someone to love - what she was trying to find the whole way through.
    Amarant - Characteristically mysterious, but has learnt about friendship. He 'crosses the bridge', so to speak.
    Quina - Doing what he/she likes best, cooking and eating.
    Freya - Fratley is with her. Probably the weakest one but he returned in the end.
    Steiner - Hooks up with Beatrix, finds a new role. Matures. Learns that there is more to life than blindly following orders.
    Garnet and Zidane dont need a comment.

@Xears: But there were still sources of mist. Everything is speculation, but a lot can happen in the time that passes in between. Personally, I dont think an explanation is necessary, but I see your point. I think its more symbolic than factual. Authors have a right to sacrifice such things if need be. For example, in Lord of the Flies, Piggy's glasses light a fire, but short sighted glasses cant do that in reality. The symbols came first.

Its not lie Vivi's sons are a flaw, they're just a mystery. But a conceivably possible mystery.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Eh, you just reworded my own post from before. Never mind.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I cried during the ending when I saw it for the first time. When you've played all the way through the game, the scenes you see are a lot more emotional than when you just load an old save game and watch some scene again.

ReloadPsi: Well, I don't think you can be convinced otherwise. People could name all the good things about the ending and you could still twist them to be bad things if you want to see them that way.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It was certainly an emotional ending, but I have a heart of slate. I enjoyed the ending personally. I don't think it's the best ending of a computer game ever, but I think it tied up most of the loose ends nice and providing a last ditch effort at some development for Freya, Vivi and Beatrix.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.