• I felt a little/no emotion.

5 16.67%
  • I never reached the ending.

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you cry?

Default Did you cry?

I watched the ending again today.

I didnt cry, but it was extremely emotional. Every time I watch it, its still emotional.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

what the ending were zidane and dagger getting together? i thought it was nice but it didnt make me cry

I literally exclaimed "That ending sucked!" after sitting through it. Such a boring, anticlimatic ending.

Blog Entries

I laughed in triumph... or however the heck you spell it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I literally exclaimed "That ending sucked!" after sitting through it. Such a boring, anticlimatic ending.
    Anticlimatic! Anticlimatic? Anticlimatic!?

Sheesh. Some people bemuse me. If that ending is anticlimatic, then the ending to every other FF is anticlimatic.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I got a lil' choked up the first time, sure, but I didn't cry. It's strange, though, because it's so obviously coming, and yet when it happened I was still all *SWOON*.

Not really. Kuja's was too much of an asshole for me to care when he died and Vivi's death was fairly subtle and only really sad in retrospect. Really, the game merely concludes in a logical, satisfying fashion (well, with the exception of a somewhat ambiguous plot hole). It's good but it didn't really leave an impression on me at all.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

It's a lovely ending, and quite moving. I didn't cry or anything like that, I rarely do with videogames or films. But it's certainly sad when Vivi's letter is being read.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't cry when I saw the ending, however I did cry at other points in the story, such as when Garnet and Eiko summon Alexander together.

didnt cry, but it was a little emotional

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

it was an emotional ending, but I didn't feel it. Probably cause I was so excited that I actually beat a final fantasy that i was jumping with joy. Now that I know what happens though... i don't get emotional now either
    *Insert epic sig here*

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Anticlimatic! Anticlimatic? Anticlimatic!?
    "You were an asshole Kuja, but after seeing what you did, I've suddenly developed emotions. Don't ask how, because I'm a genome, and genomes were suddenly established at the end of disc 3 as some kinda freaky drone race."

"I am making a speech about cooking and showing that, as the comic relief character, I haven't changed at all!"

"I love you Freya, even though I don't have the faintest frickin' clue who you are."
    "Oh Fratley, even though you totally abandoned me and forgot my name, identity and even my love, I'm just glad to have you back."

"Hello Lani. I am walking to a play. Do you want to walk behind me?"
    "Yeah okay."

"Calm down Eiko, my airship is very fast!"
    "I'm going to address you as father in a poorly established twist."
    "Darling, that's so sweet!"

"I'm not Vivi, I'm his son, meaning he can apparently propagate."
    "Wow, really? That's even crazier than me being a poorly spoken prince!"

"I am leaving my post as the supreme Alexandrian commanding officer for no particular reason."
    "No, stay! I will be your boyfriend, even though I must be at least fifteen years older than you!"
    "Score!"

"I am Vivi, these are my vaguely established last words."

"The play is about to start. Fortunately, you can't see me from above this time, as the animation of my dress makes me look kinda like a centauric take on Jabba The Hutt... hey, maybe Zidane woulda called me Dagger The Hutt! Teehee!"

"Lo, for I am Marcus, making a cheesy oblique reference to FF7/8! Lo, for I am not really Marcus! I am the great thief Zidane in a cunning disguise! If this game had a fully spoken script it would've been way too obvious of course."
    "Ho noes! Time to run down to the stage in a thirty-second FMV! I'm gonna allude to being in love with you now."
    "Calm down Dagger, it's time for the ultimate cop-out ending: A clip show of all the previous FMVs."
    "What? The actual ending itself only had about three minutes' worth of FMV! Everything else was in the realtime graphics and totally boring to watch! What the smurf do they think this is, an American serial drama?!"
    "Yeah, it was kinda random, like FF4's ending but less cheerful because we had to listen to you sing all the way through it. By the way, how did you learn all the lyrics when you were still like only two years old?"
    "Bugger if I know, that makes about as much sense as Necron's appearance."

FF9's ending was an utter disaster, like a beautiful train that suddenly went off the rails and down a cliff, colliding with a bomb factory. Mortal Kombat Armageddon has better character endings than this... in fact, after thinking about FF9's ending, I'm starting to like the idea of Li Mei trapping Shang Tsung and Quan Chi in an obelisk where they must fend off "wave after wave of aggressors for eternity".
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 10-07-2007 at 11:03 PM.

I was quite emotional. The ending was good... but it could have been better.

I was emotional because it was the first ff i beat and seeing as i was about 8 or so and all the other ff's i had (7 and 8) i hadnt beaten the last boss yet...

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

It was very emotional for me, not only because it's the best ending in the series, but also because as those credits rolled by with those awesome pieces of FMVs and 'Melodies of Life', I realized I had just beaten the greatest game of all time.

But no, I didn't cry.