Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you also tend to speed-play your video games?

Banned

Default Do you also tend to speed-play your video games?

Personally I tend to, as I like to call it, "speed-play" my games every time I play them; this particularly goes for RPG's.
    Right now I'm playing Final Fantasy 10 (again :rolleyes2), and while I usually feel the need to play every major optional cutscene and talk to everyone, this time I only do "miss-able" things, like getting unique items and getting physical menu screen stuff that disappear later on (this includes the blitzer Durren as well).

It actually feels very nice.
    It's just like speed-reading: you hurry through things without losing the feel for the game.
    Last edited by Peter_20; 10-09-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Platformers only. And FF7 too, only because I've completed it oh so many times.

If games have a timer that tell you how long you've been playing I do try to avoid wasting time unneccessarily in a game. Games with timers like that always give me the feeling that I'm going to get ranked at how fast I went though the game at the end of it. It also helps make my times look good when others ask me how fast I finished the game.

no, I take my time playing games, because I rarely have time to play a game twice, and I don't want to miss anything. If I'm not too far into a game and I missed something, I'll even restart it. Did that recently wiping 5 hours of gameplay I already had on a game.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It really depends. In most games that I've played quite a few times, it's pretty easy to speed through them, since I already know what to do and what's necessary or not. I've never really attempted a true speed run before, though.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't tend to speed run, even in games I've completed more than once (which are a few anyway). I like to take my time and get all the bonuses.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I've only recently started speeding through games. My first was FFVII and now I'm trying Star Ocean: The Second Story.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It depends on how much I like the game. With most RPGs I just do the minimal and stick to the main story. If I'm into the story, I'll do some more. For Neverwinter Nights I did everything.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Depends on the game. I don't often speedrun the whole thing, but I might speedrun a particular section/race/etc. (Obviously if it is a racing game, it's DESIGNED to be speed-ran).

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Is there any other way to play games?

I tend to speed through a game my first time to see the story, but after that I go through it slow and try and get everything.

Nope.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I'll just play it, whatever happens happens :]

Games ive played before I usually keep a quick pace while going through but this isnt on purpose, and I generally dont go through games set on going through them as fast as possible.

I am however attempting my first speedrun with Resident Evil soon, just need to get my feng shui right before doing so.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Completionism is more accuare to what I do, unless you get something for clearing the game quickly.