4 50.00%

Thread: hmmmm....

Default hmmmm....

independant films

high production films

dont care

cheeeeeeessssseeeeeeeeeee

your topics

i personally like independent films. they are usually low budgeted and the wise independent directors spend their money o good actors and use the rest on visuals or sound. they use good storylines and scripts and acting to make up for the lack in other stuff. mainstream films are full of cg and lame effects that stupify the movie. indep. is the real stuff
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cheeeese! <33

Independant films can be really bad. xD so can any other films. Higher budget films usually turn out better than lower budget films because they're prettier, imo. ^_^ But it depends on the movie!

And cheese~

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are tons of crappy independent films. Just cause you're working outside of the main studio system doesn't mean your movie is going to be great. It can been complete crap. Just like with any major studio film. The only difference will be that you didn't spend as much money making the crap.

Little Miss Sunshine was an independent film and I looooved that movie. But there's tons of independent films that I thought were a complete waste of time.

I like big budget for the most part. It's not that independants don't have appeal, they're just not as polished and I'm sad to say that's what wins me over.

If I want a good message or stellar characters, I'll read a book.

yea, but they tend to concentrate more on story. have you sundance or ifc? i do. i personally like this czek one called dancers in the dark. and not to mention the original texas chainsaw massacre
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

some independent movies are alright. like the movie the jacket with adrian brody and that girl(forget her name). techinically it was an independent film due to the fack the company who supported it was fox independent films(so i guess its independent) lolz

most of em suck tho....

....but cheeeeeeeeeese! is a great thing!

Thanks to Reno is my man for the awesome siggy!!
    R.I.P Owen Macwere
    R.I.P to my cat, Turk

Was Pan's Labyrinth an independent movie? Because I really liked that. Also, the classic Aussie film "The Castle" is absolutely brilliant.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

nvr seen those. there are lots of great independant films out there, its just that no1s heard of them. :\ so you have to just experiment around. there was one filmed down the road from me and i heard it sucked hardcore. it was about a zombie in an antique shop.... enough said
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

To be serious, I'll say independent films,

but I really like cheesy movies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTifa View Post
    i personally like independent films. they are usually low budgeted and the wise independent directors spend their money o good actors and use the rest on visuals or sound. they use good storylines and scripts and acting to make up for the lack in other stuff. mainstream films are full of cg and lame effects that stupify the movie. indep. is the real stuff
    How you spend money has nothing to do with the quality of the film. There movies made with very little needs for effects and technology which are a fortune for talent.

Saying independant is real because they have less money is a cop out. If a good director has hold of a good script and has good talent they can make a great movie Hollywood or independant, it doesn't matter. Independant movies are a stepping stone to Hollywood most of the time. Considering how many people in independant go Hollywood kind of tosses the whole ideal of 'real'.

I'm not bashing independant movies. A movie is a movie. Not even sure why this whole Hollywood vs. Independant war started. Hollywood movies are worse due to the act studios want to make their buck 75% of the time because the good movies don't make money. Movies like Spiderman, Transformers, Pirates of the Carribean is where the money is made. Stomp The Yard made 25 million opening weekend. It's not very often the high quality movies make the money. You can blame audiences as much as the studios.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Thompson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTifa View Post
    i personally like independent films. they are usually low budgeted and the wise independent directors spend their money o good actors and use the rest on visuals or sound. they use good storylines and scripts and acting to make up for the lack in other stuff. mainstream films are full of cg and lame effects that stupify the movie. indep. is the real stuff :)
    How you spend money has nothing to do with the quality of the film. There movies made with very little needs for effects and technology which are a fortune for talent.
    I'd disagree to a certain extent. With more money you can afford to do more with a film, better props, better actors, etc. Money certainly doesn't equal quality, but I certainly wouldn't say that money has absolutely nothing to do with quality.

I don't have any particular preference, really. I've seen some awful independent films and I've seen some great independent films and vice versa. Depends on the film itself.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't care much for movies.

Therefore, cheese is clearly the winner.