Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Return to the World of Eizon

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All right, looks like I'm getting a good response so as of this post, I am proceeding with the plan.

First off, I want anybody interested in being a co-coordinator to fill out the following short form.

Username:
    Join Date: (this won't necessarily make you more or less qualified, it's just for my own interest and probably some stats later since BoB seems to like doing that stuff)
    Why you want to be a co-coordinator:
    Why you think you're good for the job:
    What you intend to bring to Eizon:

I have not yet figured out if co-coordinators will be able to create or take part in their own countries. I want to allow them, but I also don't want other members to feel there are problems with fairness and the like. Feel free to post your own opinion on this as well, and once the co-coordinators are chosen we'll discuss it more. I'm thinking no more than 5 including myself will be co-coordinators, possibly 3 to start off with depending on how things start progressing. Anyway, let's get going, I'll start putting together some of the basic rules and structures this weekend when I'm not ungodly amounts of busy.

Are communist countries allowed?

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by professor_scissors View Post
    Are communist countries allowed?
    Of course.

A Lyrical Storm Is Coming TyphoonThaReapa's Avatar

Username: TyphoonThaReapa

Why you want to be a co-coordinator: I want to be a co-coordinator because this would be a great opportunity to increase my skills as a successful RPG creator.

Why you think you're good for the job: I know I'm good for the job because I already have considerable skills in the field I'm applying for. And I refuse to pull punches when it comes to business.

What you intend to bring to Eizon: I intent to bring to Eizon and helpful hand in the creation of the RP side of this project. I will also try my best to help in any other my possible.
    A'yo son, TTR WAS HERE!!!
    (SPOILER)BITCHES

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I hope Eizon is held to the same high standards as the rest of the threads in our Roleplaying subforum.
    L to the O L

Sounds like this could be fun, I will definitely check this out.

I'm sorry, this could be a totally stupid question, but befor i fill out the form i would just like to know, what would being a co-coordinator entail?

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Co-coordinators will deal with a lot of major world-and-gamebuilding things. They'll be there to also keep me in check since I have this bad tendency to make things WAY more complicated than they need to be.

Some things co-coordinators can expect to do:

Help manage the behind-the-scenes number-crunching (I'll probably codify some sort of way to calculate in hard numbers how a country is growing and progressing so that there's a formula on how to do it. Co-coordinators will likely end up updating some of the stat sheets, which will probably happen once a week).
    Help come up with the various rules and help with implementation of new rules as the game grows and becomes more complex (as with the original Eizon, I want to start small and expand as the game grows).
    Mediate any game-related disputes (if co-coordinators have their own countries, another co-coordinator will be required for any mediation the co-coordinator requires for their own country).
    Be major contributors to the world (while everyone will be encouraged to submit ideas, co-coordinators will be expected to help in the process).
    Take part in discussions with other co-coordinators about various aspects of the world (what new features to roll in, how things should be handled, etc.)

It might sound like a lot of work, but really it should run pretty smoothly and painlessly if we do it right, which I'm definitely trying to do.

Username: Chaos Is The Key
    Why you want to be a co-coordinator: Because I believe, to an extent, that it will help me with any future story/world building of my own, and I do believe that it would be interesting.
    Why you think you're good for the job: Because I've DM'd before/am currently doing so. And I've created many world for other stories and the like.
    What you intend to bring to Eizon: An extra set of hands and eyes, and a partial impartiality.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm going to go ahead and set the co-coordinator application deadline to sometime before 12:00 AM Monday Morning (Pacific Time). So, essentially, before Sunday is over.

Returns Victorious The Triumphant Hero's Avatar

Username: The Triumphant Hero

Why you want to be a co-coordinator: I want to be a co-coordinator so I can help it run well and keep it fair for the people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing

Why you think you're good for the job: I think that I will be good for this because I enjoy managing things and am good at crunching numbers.

What you intend to bring to Eizon: I will bring a very creative mind and a dedicated helper.
    O R'lyeh?

This should be sweet...So like can nations be destroyed? If so what happens then? Can folks just sort of waltz back in or what? Do the dead get graves and burials and such so their rememberd but cant come back? Can the corpses be eaten? Can they be reanimated in the legions of the undead? Can there be rivaling clans? Will there be...love? What kind of resources are available?

So many questions...but only a FEW are serious! Feel free to answer any worth answering or none at all
    Its allll good here

Love the idea by the way
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Monol View Post
    This should be sweet...So like can nations be destroyed? If so what happens then? Can folks just sort of waltz back in or what? Do the dead get graves and burials and such so their rememberd but cant come back? Can the corpses be eaten? Can they be reanimated in the legions of the undead? Can there be rivaling clans? Will there be...love? What kind of resources are available?

So many questions...but only a FEW are serious! Feel free to answer any worth answering or none at all
    Its allll good here

Love the idea by the way
    More or less, the answer to all of those is yes.

For the conditional ones, if a nation is destroyed their people are conquered or slaughtered wholesale, depending on what the ruler of the conquering country wants to do. Generally if a nation proceeds with genocide, of course, other nations will step in and the nation under invasion may get to rebuild from the tattered remains. In the event of a completely defeated nation, the players will become free agents and may attempt to join other nations if desired. They may also retain their RP character if applicable, including all of their personal possessions (magic items and other funstuffs) and their rank (which will be a determinant for basic personal power and the amount of troops they can command, more on that when combat is codified).

But yeah, to the rest of that: yes.

Username: Advent VII

Why you want to be a co-coordinator: It will be an excelent way for me to streach my creative muscles, so to speak. In addition, I have never participated in a rp behind the scenes, so it would be a great experiance, as well as getting some experiance for creating an rp myself, should i ever feel the need to.

Why you think you're good for the job: I'm very imaginitive (to a fualt somtimes, teachers dont take kindly to you day dreaming through half of their lecture), and I'm a very dedicated person, putting things i need to do higher on the list then what i would like to do. In otehr words, i won't miss deadlines, suddenly disapeer or neglect my duteys.

What you intend to bring to Eizon: Unsupreasable creativity, dedication and a smile, lol
    Last edited by Advent VII; 10-13-2007 at 07:58 PM.

OMG, I am sooooo interested! This is like, the most original idea ever! I do, actually, spend times thinking about my own fantasy countries and worlds. It's very fun stuff! Coutn me in, Void! I don't want to be a coordinator, but I can contribute if you guys need any extra help creativity-wise.

I want my own country! xD