Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MapleStory!

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default MapleStory!

Does anyone here play MapleStory? I just started. Sure, it's not as in- depth and detailed as other MMORPGs, but it's fun nevertheless. I like the fact that it's straightforward and lacks the overall complexity of Ragnarok Online (MapleStory less skills, less classes, no broken classes for that matter). That, and it's a sidescroller (I love those. )

Does anyone wanna try it? You can download and register here! Or if you already play, what's your main character's name? (note: I think we should make an EoFF guild!)

I'm on the Windia server, name xRaineStormx, usually on channel 2.

Note: Wow, all of that sounds really n00bish. But yeah, I enjoy it and I'm new to it, so whatever.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I made a thread about this like two months ago when I was playing! ^_^

I only played for a couple weeks total and then I got bored of it and quit, though. xD If I had more time I'd do it again, it's not so bad of a game and it's sooo cute. :3

I have a character... lvl 25 archer or something ^_^ on the Bellocan server.

I like RO better, though Maple Story has way too many 13 year olds that are like "hai i nid gurlfriend wan b gurlfriend? n__n"

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You get the annoying kids wherever you go, unfortunately. I love RO as well, but on all of the servers I've played on, the classes have always been horribly broken (*coughAssassinCrossandChampionscough*) and never gave the players who liked the other classes a chance. That, and RO stats are disastrous if you screw them up.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like that about RO, lots and lots of pre-planning ^_^ A lot of it is about strategy and stats do end up mattering a lot. Maple Story stats are so simple, anyone can make a good character with a lot of grinding. It's not necessarily a bad thing and I do like the game but with RO when you make an uber character, you can make it better than anyone else's. :</>D Average age in RO is also like 16-18, I think, whereas in Maple Story it's like 11-14. XD I agree that some classes are a bit overpowered though... I've always loooved SinX because they're just so good. :3 Still, every class has their upsides too!

Maybe I'll drop into Maple Story sometime :</>D You should play on Bellocan~ everyone should, it's the best server. ^_^

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post
    Does anyone here play MapleStory? I just started. Sure, it's not as in- depth and detailed as other MMORPGs, but it's fun nevertheless. I like the fact that it's straightforward and lacks the overall complexity of Ragnarok Online (MapleStory less skills, less classes, no broken classes for that matter). That, and it's a sidescroller (I love those. )

It may lack the amazing-ness of RO.
    But it definetly is in-depth ;] than most other MMORPGs today.
    I played it for about a year (Can't play anymore because Vista is *thwacks* :[), it's kewl.

As for broken classes, it so definetly does.
    Namely the Assassin types, ME Bandit, Sniper and Priest ^^
    edit: and early on, The Magician Classes > All the others.

Once I hit level 15, I got bored and quit. It's an annoying game and I got sick of walking into a town only to see:

Quote Originally Posted by whore
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@SELLING IRON BARS@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

You missed out on alot grahk :3... Level 30 is when you can start going everywhere ^-^

The grind is horrible.

There's even a Maple Story anime now.

I go off and on, but I'm in Scania. xD

Also, the anime was already released? I only heard about it, but it was still in the planning stages, or something like that. I do wonder how that anime's going to turn out to be like. o.o
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

No thanks, this game is horrible.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I liked it alright, but leveling was a real pain. It takes forever once you hit about level 15 =/

I used to play that and RO, though, 'til my computer decided that it hates all MMORPGs.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by StarlightAngel View Post
    I liked it alright, but leveling was a real pain. It takes forever once you hit about level 15 =/

I used to play that and RO, though, 'til my computer decided that it hates all MMORPGs.
    Ack-- I'm only lv.13 right now. Something tells me I'm going to dislike this game very soon, cuteness and sidescrolliness aside.

Blog Entries

Guild Wars ftw
    I've yet to play Maple story. I kinda wanna try it. But I can't be arsed.
    OK so i got arsed and am dling it right now.
    Last edited by escobert; 10-09-2007 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Guild Wars ftw
    Ftl.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Guild Wars ftw
    Ftl.
    I just don't see it I couldn't get into any other MMO. but guild wars holds me there. Maybe because I don't have to kill rabbits for 45 hours to be able to have fun