Thread: FF XI to be released for the PS2 again(it includes all expansions, including Wings)

Default FF XI to be released for the PS2 again(it includes all expansions, including Wings)

This will be good news for people who wanted this for the PS2

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281831

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Yeah, they should have just let the PS2 version die. It has held the game back so much.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Yeah, they should have just let the PS2 version die. It has held the game back so much.
    You beat me to it... ;_;
    jkhkjg

hmm I wonder if they are going to release that and just the expansion for people who already have the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Let me 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th that notion.

how does it hold the game back?its still the same game
    (SPOILER)waha made you highlight

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

There are certain things that the XBOX and PC can handle that the PS2 wasnt able too, like changing the appearance of your character, letting them grow beards, different hair, tattoos, etc.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

Or (most importantly to me) the ability to expand inventory space.

They can't upgrade the graphics or add too many more textures when adding new gear. They don't allow add ons (because it would be unfair to the PS2 players).

Yeah... a lot of things that are crippling the game's growth.

Quote Originally Posted by remnant1 View Post
    its still the same game
    If they phased out the PS2 version when Sony discontinued the HDD, the game would be largely improved by now.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

You can upscale all PS2 games to 1080p HD on the PS3.

Also, why didn't they just bring it to the PS3 instead?

And wich would be better off to play with, A 60GB PS3 or a 40GB PS2?

Side Note: Sure Glad the PS2 version doesn't grow beards, it's just not Final Fantasy. 'sorry Barret'

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    You can upscale all PS2 games to 1080p HD on the PS3.
    No PS2 game has been designed for HDTV.

Also, why didn't they just bring it to the PS3 instead?
    Because it was released for the PS2 in 2001 or so. If they wanted to release it for the PS3 they would have to code it from the ground up (PS2 uses a completely different engine and hardware to the PS3).

And wich would be better off to play with, A 60GB PS3 or a 40GB PS2?
    Uh, what? Please research something before you start asking silly questions.

Side Note: Sure Glad the PS2 version doesn't grow beards, it's just not Final Fantasy. 'sorry Barret'
    This is a silly statement, how can beards not be Final Fantasy? Where did you come up with that conclusion? By the way, they already have beards on characters in a lot of Final Fantasy's, including XI.

The graphics engine is locked where it has been since PS2 launch. You'll never get better than 30 FPS and won't be able to get improved textures until they ditch the PS2. Maybe it was a good idea and a great system at the time, but consoles don't age well with MMOs.

They aren't likely to redo the entire game to make it truly PS3 worthy. They refuse to even do a good job of getting it to run on PCs. It's just a very half-assed emulation on PC.

While I applaud the work that SE has finally started doing in the game (dealing with RMT, taking care of problems, adding content) after years of begging, they still haven't really tackled the issue of how badly it runs on PC. At least they are finally addressing PC users concerns about windowable play.