Thread: Multiple Endings?

Default Multiple Endings?

Is it true that there are different endings for who is left standing alive or dead in your party. And if so how many combinations. I beat it the other day. It was a pretty cool game. I gave up on Shinryu cuz I couldn't get the lances and plus I only had 2 coral rings...so maybe next time. I did stop OMEGA though. IN my opinion he was destroyed when the N-zone closed in on itself. There. I win.

It wasn't as amazing and cool as I thought it would have been, but I think that's because I drug it out for like a year and a half, maybe 2? But it was really good for gameplay and replay-ability with the awesome job system, story just is not very enticing. I've started FFIV and I'm much more interested and driven in by the story.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

It's basically the same ending, with the prologue changed slightly. If Inferior-Galuf-Replace is dead then Bartz will send the letter instead. Any characters not alive will be resurrected at the end.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

The ending varies slightly depending on who is alive. Some of the dialogue is interesting if only one character is alive here and there.

I guess there are a total of like 15 variations?
    Sigless

ah, so I guess it doesn't REALLY matter. And I assume Krile was the inteded original letter sender

Crossover Project Elf Agent0042's Avatar

Krile is the original letter-sender. If you have characters that are dead when the final battle ends, then there's a pecking order. I once considered doing a guide to the various endings, but gave up on the idea. Suffice it to say, it makes for a rather sad-feeling ending if you end it with characters dead, though it all works out in the end.

Major KH fan, huge fan of TV's Amazing Race and Rodney's Amazing FF Race fanfic!
    "Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her." - Fang

I wasn't aware of the ending changes. I may have to play through again and deliberately kill Krile in the final battle
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow