Thread: FFXI Draaaaama

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default FFXI Draaaaama

You know you love it.

Anyway, I know there's a ton of drama in end game stuff and just in general. But what's the funniest or most outrageous or even the most stupidly frustrating drama you've ever seen or heard about while playing FFXI?

So a looong time ago. At least 2 years back, TheAbominatrix asked me to give a World Pass to one of her friends. So I do. And TheAbominatrix kinda stops playing and I become friends with the guy friend that she asked me to bring onto the server. I help him get started and all that good stuff. After awhile, he decides to restart his character. This time as a female character. Ok, whatever, guys do that all the time we all know it. But then he starts pretending to seriously be a girl. Flirting with guys, in-game boyfriend and everything. He sends me private /tells asking me to play along and not tell people he's a guy. Uhhh, ok, weird. So I kinda distance myself from him. Eventually I start seeing him posting on Alla about how as a girl, he hates not getting respect in this game. How guys are always flirting with him, and how blah blah blah, I'm a woman with feelings!

I'm thinking, DUDE, what is wrong with you? So basically, I post and say "you're a dude, dude". And he goes all ape on me, calling me a liar and everything.

I didn't really see him in the game after that. Maybe he made a new (girl?) character and he's cybering with other guys to his heart's content.

That's my little bit of drama. It's from awhile back, and obviously not something on a big server wide scale. Just something that happened that I thought was so bizarre and now that I think about it, very funny.

Now you go!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Maybe he's gay but wants to hide it out of fear of becoming an outcast?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How does pretending to be a girl make a guy gay? It makes him a liar, not homosexual.

If I were to start a new character, I'd make a female and pretend to be a cutsie-girl. All the guys seem to buy you heaps of crap, so I wouldn't have to farm or anything for gil.

Nearly every girl friend I had in FFXI, had a boyfriend that bought them so much cool stuff.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Nearly every girl friend I had in FFXI, had a boyfriend that bought them so much cool stuff.
    ...am I being played?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hahaha. Del Murder buys me stuff. But I'm a real girl!

Also, do you people not have drama on your servers? *pokes*

Oh yeah, heaps and heaps of drama in end-game. I mean, it's all pretty typical, just nerds being childish and bitchy.

My very first sky shell, the leader was pretty much a moron. I left, but later down the track he quit the shell and kept all the items and gil for himself. =\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

HEaps of it, like cfh on Tiamat, Nidhogg, Aspid, Khimeria, Cerberus because the LS is losing. I love it when that happens, it isn't and entire wast of 3 smurfing hours >=[
    Too big.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    How does pretending to be a girl make a guy gay? It makes him a liar, not homosexual.
    It doesn't make him gay, but a gay person might be inclined to do that to hide the fact that he is gay, while still satisfying his homosexual needs.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think being gay includes being all, "I'm a woman, GIVE ME respect! Don't stare at my boobs!"

But hey, who knows, maybe you're right.

Yeeaah, I remember something similar happening.

I have this friend that is a straight up drama QUEEN. My god, everything he did in that game was relayed very dramatically into our linkshell. Apparently everything was out to get him, even though he didn't have to work for half the crap he had?

But anyway, yeah. He was a mithra, did the whole cutesie girl thing, and got loads of loads of stuff just handed to him. In real life he was bi, and was in a gay relationship. He kept all of this hidden from his boyfriend, which opened a WHOLE other can of worms -- I won't even tell you. Apparently his on-line boyfriends provided him with a sense of companionship he can't find in real life? Or something?

So there was this one dude in our linkshell that was particularly enamored with him. Another of my friends that played the game thought it would be funny to start a female character and throw himself at this LS guy, which caused a really ridiculous triangle. At one point, my bi friend dramatically came out as a guy to the LS, but continued his weird relationship with LS guy in secret. I was the only one that knew about it, and apparently it was very important to keep this a secret because LS guy lived in Iran or something and was afraid he was going to be hung if somebody found out he was having this weird gay but not relationship on-line? >.> I don't know.

Anyway, the OTHER friend that made the female taru as a joke became annoyed that he wasn't getting free things any more and announced to the entire linkshell what was going on about them. Of course, nobody cared in the slightest bit, but LS guy then proceeded to threaten suicide and disappeared a week later. That, of course, caused more real life drama.

I basically just learned to be happy playing the game with people I don't know, and to COMPLETELY avoid mithra's with sugar daddies. Guh. I saw LS guy running around a few months later, so obviously he didn't kill himself.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

I avoid drama and dont bother with it. When the time comes where I want to join one of the best linkshells for endgame I dont want my name being known for someone who gets involved with it all.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Drama doesnt exist for me, maybe thats cos I havent got to endgame yet.

There was one big thing though when a member of the ls left and made his own ls and loadsa people migrated to it, which was sad.

EDIT:

saw LS guy running around a few months later, so obviously he didn't kill himself.
    They never do. 2 words. Attention whore.
    jkhkjg