Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this a rubbish game ?

You sure missed out. Zidane's tail has nothing to do with gameplay and only a small role in the story. Also, you're missing out on the fun of finding the hidden references to the previous games.

If you're actually shallow enough not to play a game because the main character has a tail, then you deserve to miss out on one of the top 3 FF games ever made =/

Out of the three that originaly came out on the PS1 (7,8 & 9) it isnt the best but i still found it very enjoyable. With well thought out characters, a decent soundtrack and a story that will keep you gessing there isnt much more you could want from a FF. Its no FF VII but still worth parting with your hard earned cash.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

It's equal to or better than FF7 (mostly due to more polish and less bad points). It has a good story, consistant difficulty, plenty of secrets, developed characters, a huge freeroaming world and plenty of longevity.

What more could you want?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is probably my favorite FF, in retrospect. It also has a great amount of replayability; I always find something new about it each time I played it. Please don't let the more cartoonish art style prevent you from playing this wonderful game.

Grin

so it roks

So its a good game i was just put of buy the graphics i know it sounds shallow but all the ones i have been on had great graphics and gameplay. il have to buy it sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Rianoa View Post
    So its a good game i was just put of buy the graphics i know it sounds shallow but all the ones i have been on had great graphics and gameplay. il have to buy it sometime
    I would change that to NOW!

The graphics are better than VIII and below. Just that the increase isnt as big as VI-VII or VII-VIII. The character design is also unusual, but I like it.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

So its a good game i was just put of buy the graphics i know it sounds shallow but all the ones i have been on had great graphics and gameplay. il have to buy it now

You didn't buy a game just because the main character had a tail? What a lame excuse. It's a great game, probably one of my favourite RPG's.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

It actually does have a very nice story line once you get into it..

When i saw that the main character had a tail i didn't bother to buy it am i missing out what do you think ?
    Please tell me you didn't pass the same judgment on any of the classic Sonic games, Donkey Kong Country 2 or Yoshi's Island or else I shall have to come and tear your femur out of your right leg and beat you to death with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    ...or else I shall have to come and tear your femur out of your right leg and beat you to death with it.
    Make sure to film it and post it on YouTube.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Although it's not one of my personal favourite FF games, it's still enjoyable enough to engage you and you'll play it from start to finish. I did quite enjoy the chocobo side quest, mind you :P So yeah I'd say you're missing out.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's a fantastic game. You should buy it. Forget that the main character has a tail - it really doesn't matter.

I wouldnt say the game is "great" or one of the best games of all time. But its still playbale in my opinion.

The graphics of the game actaully did put alot of people off the game at first, where as some PC players in the UK would admit to playing Final fantasy 7 and 8. I knew quite afew gamers who saw 8 at face value as "a childish anime game" as one person described it to me. So the original question does not sound childish or shallow , the art style of the game will do that certain types of people.

I do find it disturbing how Zidane looked like Meg Ryans though :-P

Personally I just dont hold the game in high respcts due to the ability system, some of the cast and the trance system. But the story is solid and the system does act in a stable manner. But hey try it :-P It might be your type of gaming system