Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this a rubbish game ?

Pink Grin Is this a rubbish game ?

When i saw that the main character had a tail i didn't bother to buy it am i missing out what do you think ?

Personally, although it is one of my favourite games, it took a bit of getting into. I was also slightly put off by the character design, especially after the proportioned characters of VIII. However, I was eventually sucked into the compelling storyline, and got into it quite quickly.

BUY THIS GAME!

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I enjoyed it very much my first play through. More than some of the other FFs.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rianoa View Post
    When i saw that the main character had a tail i didn't bother to buy it am i missing out what do you think ?
    I think you really missed out. Questionable graphics aside, the game has my favourite OST, one of the most engaging and interesting plots of the series, a generally fun battle system (aside from Trance at times) and all in all, a great homage to the rest of the series.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

id say your missing out by not playing this game. the story gets you hooked. the ending is awesome too. despite what the characters look like i definatly say go out and buy this game.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Yeah your missing out hugely, IX was superb, the storys so easy to get into as well

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The tail makes the game better.

I'm more into the Tongue myself. Quina's a sexy bitch after all.

so, you saw a tail and thought "oh man this game looks terrible". Thats the best reason ever to miss out on a great game that you should play atleast once.

Apparently small details like that really get to people. There has been an unbelievably amount of bitching about FFXIII and how Shiva can become a motorcycle.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Don't buy it, that tail really sucks.

I really like it, it's one of my favourite Final Fantasys. The mini games and side quests are enjoyable and the main story is good. I think you missed out.

It did take a while to get into though, and I never really started playing it with the same intensity (lol) as I did FFVIII until about 6 months after I'd bought it.

There are some valid reasons that people don't like this game.

The tail is not one of them. If that's the reason that you're not playing the game, pick up a copy, and rest assured, the tail will be explained, storywise.

Besides, after I first played the game, I had a fantasy that I was going to have a tail grafted onto my ass. You know. Because tails are cool.

It is called Final Fantasy. Therefore, not buying a game because of a tail seems strange to me.

Anyway, to put it concisely, this is the best game ever.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries

Definately, it's certainly one of the best games in the series, and a serious contender for the #1 spot. I think it's safe to say it's the most well rounded game, having each individual part at least exceptional.