Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ok good game but.....

You will have to look it up, because I cant remember the exact location, but at this point in the game there is a small area in which very strong enemies (at this point in the game) can be found. If you can manage to win a few battles you will be set. I believe it is the peninsula to the NE of the town in which you encounter the pirates.
    :mog: Have Complete: I,II,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII,Tactics :mog:

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VI & Final Fantasy Crisis Core

Banned

If you keep in mind that the first Dragon Quest game is entirely about grinding Ogres-in-Elfland-style, it isn't that bad. XD

Yeah.. The training is a little rough, but that's the way games were back then. Hard and time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenneth View Post
    Yeah.. The training is a little rough, but that's the way games were back then. Hard and time consuming.
    I agree. Newer games, including the FF Series, today are a cakewalk compared to some of the NES, and SNES games of yesteryear.

People probably just got fed up with losing so the gaming industry had to dumb it down. It's a shame really. Here's an idea: try not sucking so much!

As soon as I started the game I started grinding, I didn't even save the princess till my group of 2 Fighters, 1 Thief, 1 Red Mage were all level 10 or so. From then on I sailed through everything. At every new town I visit I do at least an hour of exp grinding. I only have earth and fire crystals and already I have so much gil I cannot spend it all. If you go into the right dungeons there's chest after chest full of gil, also.