Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do You Kill Maester Seymour's 3rd Form?

Default How do You Kill Maester Seymour's 3rd Form?

Hey am fighting master seymour for the 3rd time and i cant beat him i have looked through walkthroughs and nothing has helped i get him down to below half then he starts using cross cleve and kills me evreytime by the time i have healed my party he does it again so he keeeps killing me does anyone now how i might be able to kill him?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Protect protects against Cross Cleave. If you even have 2000 HP on one character, you should be fine.

Alternatively, execute the ever-useful Aeon Overdrive tactic. This battle was designed for it. Not only do you get the free 9999 damage, but you get an extra few thousand because of the Mortivessel.

Banned

Please hide your spoilers next time.
    I'm fine, though, but newbies might get mad at your topic title.

Oh well, make sure you equip Yuna and Auron with those Zombie Ward armours that Wantz sells.
    Then when Seymour Flux uses Dispel, it means Cross Cleave is coming up next.
    At this moment, bring out the chars with highest HP and Defense.

Next threat is Total Annihilation; it is cast right after the message "Seymour watches... and waits...".
    Make sure everyone has Shell on them, or else this attack will surely toast you.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I don't think boss strategies for 5 year old games need to be spoiler tagged. ;)

I usually go for the Aeon overdrive "strategy" too :p, or at least have them charged up as back up.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I don't think you can call anything in this game a spoiler anymore...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Khimari, Tidus and Yuna also have useful Trigger Commands. Use Holy waters on anybody with Zombie Status, or Seymour will kill them with full life. Keep Haste, protect and shell on all characters. Only summon an Aeon if it's in overdrive, because Seymour with banish it on the next turn. Good luck, this boss is very hard.

well you have to have yojimbo because once you pay him enough money he will do this move that will kill seymore instantly(or it might be his special one of the two).how to get yojimbo you ask? go to the calm lands and go down the hill that leads down to the gorge(its right before mt gazaget) head for the tunnle and then whatch the scean once its over go down the tunnle. if you need anything else like that just pm me
    *Note*you have to fight LuLus first summoner she ever protected and you also have to hire yojimbo witch means you have to pay him 25000000 to 3000000 money thats all

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20 View Post
    Please hide your spoilers next time.
    SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE

Oops. Little late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by FF kidfreak View Post
    well you have to have yojimbo because once you pay him enough money he will do this move that will kill seymore instantly(or it might be his special one of the two).how to get yojimbo you ask? go to the calm lands and go down the hill that leads down to the gorge(its right before mt gazaget) head for the tunnle and then whatch the scean once its over go down the tunnle. if you need anything else like that just pm me
    And just who would actually bother, or have enough money to afford Yojimbo at this time?

Additionally, the requirements for Zanmato are deathly steep. Imagine the most money you have ever seen in your entire life. Now, stuff that memory aside and imagine that the moon were made of money. Then stuff that imagination aside, because it's still not enough. If the mass of money were as large as Jupiter, it still wouldn't be as big as yo momma enough. Maybe the mass of all of the stars in the universe, including black holes might be enough to measure the money you need to pay Yojimbo. Have I made this image accurate? Yes, I have.

I don't recall ever having Yojimbo as a "requirement" for victory.

but yojimbo is a veary helpfull aeon. how do you think i killed seymore for thr 3rd time.

well it depends do you want to be kill 1000000000 times or kill seymore with one hit and save the game and continue hmm

Banned

If a bunch of people suddenly discover this game and then read this title, they've been Spoiled.
    Enough said.
    I recently discovered Dragon Warrior 4 for the NES, which was released, oh, somewhere in 1990.

I'd advise you to change the topic title.
    Last edited by Peter_20; 10-13-2007 at 10:36 AM.

I dunno but the 2nd form is SOOOOO easy!
    " The secret is to just keep moving."- Franka Potente, actress
    " All the world is a stage." - Jacques, As You Like It by Shakespeare

You learn things about who you feel you should be but then you see these things are not you at all.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Easiest way for free damage is to poison the mortibody. But since this thread was made two weeks ago, you probably don't need that information anymore.

Peter, you're a little late to worried about people spoiled for ffx. Just go back in the forum a long ways and see how many 'omg seymour's 3rd form HALP' threads there are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Protect protects against Cross Cleave. If you even have 2000 HP on one character, you should be fine.

Alternatively, execute the ever-useful Aeon Overdrive tactic. This battle was designed for it. Not only do you get the free 9999 damage, but you get an extra few thousand because of the Mortivessel.
    Heheh, this. I don't know anyone who doesn't just simply do this.

use bahamut if u can cause he does over 9999 if u trained...i thought that seymore wuz easy....i only had 2 use 1 holy water 2...neways i have yojimbo an i coulda had the magus sisters if i wanted 2...if ur that far then...u hav no worrys...i perfer 4 u 2 b able 2 do at least 3000 damage

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

HAHAHA I WILL KILL U ALL

~Death~Stalker~910

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post

I think this was the only boss that killed me first time, and because I was overconfident and didn't use aeons. If you want to get ap for everybody though, you could just block the big attacks with aeons (even though they'll get banished) and then swap the characters back in. You should have plenty of spare aeons by now.

Poison is also a good tactic. Yojimbo isn't necessary.

By the way I think spoiler tags should still sometimes be used for eg. things that happen near the end of the game.