Thread: kefkas tower

Chocobo kefkas tower

hey im in kefkas tower at the end of the game. and i dont know why but i cant seem to find the path that you open up for your first team of ppl after i step on the switch.. i know im missing something very obvious.. at least it has to be.. so if someone can hint to me how to get my first party all the way through plz. thank you guys so much

Look at an FF 3 or 6 walkthrough on youtube. Seeing it visually helps me usually.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

We have a walkthrough here on our frontsite.

ok well i figured it out now.. anyway what is a good rounded lvl for all my characters before they take on kefka?

Blog Entries

I would say just abit under 40 but with atleast one person with ultima and one with life 3 but ive seen it done with less
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

hmm... then why am i having a hard time.. im above 40 with everyone.. except i never got ultima.. how do you get it.. i know i need the cursed shield but where do i get that at?

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Both the Cursed Shield and the Ragnorak Sword/Esper can be found in Narshe. Ragnorak is in the basement of the Weapon Shop and the Cursed Shield is in one of the houses in the upper-left part of town (if I remember correctly). You can choose the sword or the esper; the esper will teach you Ultima, and the sword can be gambled at the Coliseum for the best sword in the game. The Cursed Shield must be battled with 255 times to turn it into the Paladin Shield, which will also teach you Ultima.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by The Knights of the Round View Post
    ok well i figured it out now.. anyway what is a good rounded lvl for all my characters before they take on kefka?
    Kefka is a cake walk through a dramatic theater it is the battles before him that you should worry about