Thread: I cant believe i never questioned this

Blog Entries

Default I cant believe i never questioned this

What is up with lone wolf? Is he an esper or is he just wearing a suit? Where did he go after he met us outside Narshe WoR?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

The existence of moogles as part of the accepted human world led me not to question Lone Wolf either. If you actually need an explanation, he was in FFV where that race did exist in the world. They brought him over from V like they did with Gogo, but they didn't put any more of his race VI so I guess he does seem out of place if you think about it.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I imagine he is just a wolf, but I never really thought about it either. Like ,,, said, that moogles were accepted as part of the human world, I never really questioned Lone Wolf either.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

He might just be a furry, or a kaiju. Kaiju are pretty common in Japan, and we sometimes have to just not "get" the cultural references in their games. Ah well.

Well, in VI Moogles are going extinct. Perhaps he is "Lone Wold" to a sense that he is the last of his kind. Thanks to that madman Kefka.

Blog Entries

There were espers with the same sprites but different palletes as him, so i thought maybe he found his way into the human world somehow, but i wouldnt rule out the chance that he is the last of his species.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    He might just be a furry, or a kaiju. Kaiju are pretty common in Japan, and we sometimes have to just not "get" the cultural references in their games. Ah well.
    "Kaiju" just means monster, and I'm sure I don't have to tell you that monsters aren't endemic to Japanese culture.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a fantasy world, so whatever the scenario writers decide.

I think the idea that he is the last of his kind makes sense. His very existence is bizarre when you notice that there are none of his kind to be found anywhere else.

And when you think about it, what about Umaro? You don't see any other Yetis around. Perhaps Narshe became the last refuge for a number of dying races. This would also explain why moogles are only found in Narshe.:mog:
    God Loves you.
    Christ Died for you.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I think he was proabably a side experiment of the empire and the experiments turned him into a kleptomaniac. (Is that the correct term?)

Anyway, I didn't like him that much so I really don't care.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    The existence of moogles as part of the accepted human world led me not to question Lone Wolf either. If you actually need an explanation, he was in FFV where that race did exist in the world. They brought him over from V like they did with Gogo, but they didn't put any more of his race VI so I guess he does seem out of place if you think about it.
    yeah it was a specific character from V named Lone Wolf.

i always just thought of him as a lobo you know one of the enemies in narshe. just he was given a chance to actually talk where as the lobos had a chance to die. oh and my reasoning behind why he walked on 2 legs was poor animation of a wolf.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs