Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who misses highschool?

Grin Who misses highschool?

I am in the midst of procrastination. So I thought I'd bring up a question I always thought I'd say no to. Who misses how easy-going highschool was? When I graduated I didn't even shed a tear. I was too busy saying " Peace!" But now I miss it. Why? Ahhh. I guess it is because I go to campus every tues and thurs and for me that feels like the most pointless schedule. Why come at all? I miss the steady M-F schedule. I miss the light hw load or the heavy hw load that was easy to complete. The simple 2-3 page reports. I look at some highschoolers posts on this forum and it's " Well, I got school tomorrow. I gotta go to bed." and I'm like awww man I miss that. Yeah, I know it's weird! But highschool life was so much easier. Bleh. Oh, and being able to laugh at people's silliness. Once on campus it's " Ohhhh really! Got any evidence to support that laugh?" I miss spending my lunch break in the library doing ab-so-lut-ely nothing!

Answer me this: Do you miss highschool? If so, why and what?
    " The secret is to just keep moving."- Franka Potente, actress
    " All the world is a stage." - Jacques, As You Like It by Shakespeare

You learn things about who you feel you should be but then you see these things are not you at all.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I miss high school a lot. ^_^ I always considered my senior year of high school to be the best year of my life, and not just on hindsight - even then, I knew that I loved it and it was the best year of my life. There were so many good things that happened that year. Although, I think I might be able to pass that soon, maybe! My life's been going great recently.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    I miss high school a lot. ^_^ I always considered my senior year of high school to be the best year of my life, and not just on hindsight - even then, I knew that I loved it and it was the best year of my life. There were so many good things that happened that year. Although, I think I might be able to pass that soon, maybe! My life's been going great recently.
    Yes yes yes. I agree with every word you posted.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I only miss the characters. School sucks.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    And with an additional caveat, a lot of my closest friends I met in college/university. So there are some people from High School I miss, but overall, not really.

I miss high school in the sense that I didn't have as much responsibility, and life seemed a hell of a lot easier. I hated the restrictions that came as a consequence for it, though.

Towards the end of the last year of high school really sucked though. I don't miss that.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

i miss my senior year. i met a lot of good friends my last year in highschool and theyre what made it so good. i had such easy classes too. i passed my math class with a 94 average and i probably skipped it 80 out of 180 days of school. the last 2 days were kinda sad though. my friends were mostly in the grade below me and all the girls i was friends with kept crying in lunch cause i was leaveing. now 2 years and a few months later i still keep in contact with all btu 1 of them.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

I miss certain aspects of it... especially band (yup im a band geek) and my friends...but overall I'm happy to be gone ><
    *Insert epic sig here*

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I miss college a lot more than I miss high school.
    Figaro Castle

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Who misses highschool?
    HAAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by Woodinator View Post
    I miss certain aspects of it... especially band (yup im a band geek) and my friends...but overall I'm happy to be gone ><
    It's quite the opposite with me. I was an extreme band nerd (SAXOPHONE'S 4 LYFE LOLOL) but after leaving the whole high school scheme where band people go with band people, I realized I'm in love with music, just not band and that choir and singing is my actual passion. I'm in college right now, and I plan to get back into music but I have no intentions nor want to pick my saxophone up again.

With me, High School was actually a time for me to realize what I didn't want to be in life, which at that time was everything I thought I wanted. So to the question do I miss it, Not at all. It was merely a time of growth and I have no reason to miss it.

Yeah, I just miss how lazy I could be and get away with it. That's pretty much it.

EDIT: And now I'm really missing it. I have a hefty english assnmt due this fri, math assnmt due tomo and a test plus a project due the 30th. Then right after that another math assnmt due the 23rd. On top of that I have 8 exams on chemistry due by the end of semester and a total of around 25 lessons and 4 literary critiques due by then for my history classes. Oh, almost forgot, I have to look into a reporter in my local area and write a full 5-6 page analysis by Nov. 1. Kill me, please.
    Last edited by MKusanagi; 10-16-2007 at 07:21 AM.
    " The secret is to just keep moving."- Franka Potente, actress
    " All the world is a stage." - Jacques, As You Like It by Shakespeare

You learn things about who you feel you should be but then you see these things are not you at all.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Yes. I much prefer college.

I miss only 20% of my time in highschool.The rest sucked!

Elementary school was much more fun!!!I really misss it...

Highschool was a disaster that kept getting worse as time went on. I don't miss it one bit.

Although, I do kind of miss the education I didn't get.