Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Excuse me, Square Enix? Chrono Trigger here... could I, um, get a promotion, please?

Default Excuse me, Square Enix? Chrono Trigger here... could I, um, get a promotion, please?

While Squenix is off remaking some Final Fantasies, the young and lonely Chrono Trigger- in my opinion, one of the best games in the world- remains forgotten.
    Anyway, would you like to see Chrono Trigger remade? I personally, would love have my own copy of Chrono Trigger in my hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.

I would rather they port it over to the DS, maybe up the sprite resolution and introduce some new elements.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

As long as there's no voice acting. It would be awkward for people to be having conversations and then direct a question to chrono and you choose the answer then he doesnt say anything and the conversation continues as if he had answered, and if they were to say the answers you choose, chrono having a voice would probably take away his mysterious feel. Otherwise a game with the same battle system and plot with a few added storylines would be great.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Dude, did you see the 3-d remake of Chrono Trigger on youtube? It looks awesome.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyMage View Post
    Dude, did you see the 3-d remake of Chrono Trigger on youtube? It looks awesome.
    Chrono Resurrection? That looked absolutely fantastic in terms of graphics and music. Really quite disappointed that Square shut it down, really.

I'd love a DS port of Chrono Trigger. It's my favourite SNES RPG and the thought of playing it again, possibly with even more side quests and added features would be absolutely lovely.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I think a 3D remake for the DS (or maybe PSP, but I can't afford a PSP) would be great, but, as blackmage_nuke stated, voice acting could be awkward, so I'd pass on that part.

I would love anything Chrono in the future. Though once it was brought up to them, they replied with: We would love to do another Chrono, we just don't know if we can get the team back to do it. There was a certain feel that the team brought to Trigger and to Cross. We would need most of them to make the setting and feeling of Chrono again.

I'd be stoked if they gave the Matrix team the job after they finish IV, V, and VI, but I don't see it happening.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm sure something will come out of Chrono Trigger eventually. If they could make another sequel (be it direct or indirect) as good as Chrono Cross, I would be absolutely thrilled.

A remake is probably more likely, though, and I'd be good with that too. A DS port would certainly be nice. Get rid of that horrendous loading time from the PS1 version.

A remake would be good but i dont think thatll be happening for a longtime.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I'm sure something will come out of Chrono Trigger eventually. If they could make another sequel (be it direct or indirect) as good as Chrono Cross, I would be absolutely thrilled.

A remake is probably more likely, though, and I'd be good with that too. A DS port would certainly be nice. Get rid of that horrendous loading time from the PS1 version.
    Yeah the PS1 port was a disappointment in that respect. They did add a few nice cut scenes but not worth the loading time. If they make a decent port for the DS I would so buy it.
    :mog: Feed Me cookies and I will love you forever or until I smite you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post

Yeah the PS1 port was a disappointment in that respect. They did add a few nice cut scenes but not worth the loading time. If they make a decent port for the DS I would so buy it.
    I don't think the PS1 port even reached PAL territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Acula View Post
    I don't think the PS1 port even reached PAL territories.
    No,unfortunately it never did.
    I'm crossing my fingers that one day,both chrono games will get a proper PAL release.
    Until then,"Dear Square Enix,please stop treating PAL users like trash."

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

*geekgasms* i love that idea. I love the feeling the game brings to itself. theres no righteous we have to save the world. it always seems to be personal. Except for the beginning with Lavos and such that seemed like "How are they supposed to stop them....lvl up"

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

Screw that. Give it a full overhaul in PS3 Graphics. Keep Gameplay the Same though.