Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Excuse me, Square Enix? Chrono Trigger here... could I, um, get a promotion, please?

Yeah, really! Even the load time to the freaking menu...Cmon, guys, really? Unnecessary.

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

Any more Chrono series is unlikely, the Chrono Team has split up and since left Square completely. Two of the driving members have stated they would be intrested in doing another, but they left due to frustration, and the third has since cut off all ties and refuses to have anything more to do with it, unless a reconcilation is on the cards, there won't be any more.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Some game series continue without input from the lead developers or the lead creator of the series. If Square Enix wants to pursue a game in this series, they can do so without the cooperation of the original team of developers that made the game.

The Suikoden series has continued without input from its original team. Some gamers have noticed a lack of direction in the series since a certain part of Suikoden III.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

During a Cubedł interview on February 1, 2007, Square Enix’s Senior Vice President Hiromichi Tanaka said that although no sequel is currently planned, some sort of sequel is still possible if the Chrono Cross developers can be reunited.
    In January 2008, composer Yasunori Mitsuda remarked that "there are a lot of politics involved" in creating a new game

I don't think Square would attempt to make a game without the core people that made it was it was and such a hit.
    Last edited by Wuggly Blight; 02-12-2008 at 07:51 PM.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

yah well a lot of people never thought SE would sell the souls of the FF7 cast for a few extra bucks either.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Wuggly Blight View Post
    I don't think Square would attempt to make a game without the core people that made it was it was and such a hit.
    They certainly didn't have any problem making Chrono Cross without any involvement from Horii or Toriyama.