Hueco Mundo = Hollow World.

Menos Grande = Less Large.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

They're not ridiculous, they're Spanish. Unless you think Japanese naming things after Spanish things is ridiculous, but it's no more ridiculous than Japanese naming people after vegetables. In fact it's far less ridiculous.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I actually like those names.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Bleach: The Blade of Fate is an awesome game, I got it for my DS a week ago or so and have been playing it pretty consistently since. It's awesome.

I did have a question about Bleach too, something was bugging me, but I totally forgot what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    They're not ridiculous, they're Spanish. Unless you think Japanese naming things after Spanish things is ridiculous, but it's no more ridiculous than Japanese naming people after vegetables. In fact it's far less ridiculous.
    I didn't insult the language. I talked about their names and yes for name they are ridiculous even for Spanish speakers such as myself. I'm sorry to break it to you but I never said nor intended to say "Spanish is ridiculous"

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I didn't say Spanish is ridiculous either, I said maybe you thought 'Japanese speaking Spanish is ridiculous'. But really the whole post was tongue-in-cheek, and I guess you didn't pick up on my Dragon Ball Z punchline.

As for 'why are they spanish names', the creator probably wanted to do something different and thought it was cool. Possibly the same reason he named the manga 'Bleach'. The same way you might see people with T-shirts or tattoos or something with Japanese/Chinese symbols, Japanese people walk around with random English or other languages on their clothes.

It's exotic.

hmm well i played the wii version and like the ds version the story makes no sense....has nothing to do with the anime besides the characters they added this weird espada named arturo plateado who has weird butterfly energy wing thingys....other than that the fighting kickas ass even though its only 2 players...i gotta say its one of the best fighting games iv ever played on a nintendo system...i would recommend it if u have a wii....the controls are awesome and so are the bankais...the character unlock system is unique...ive heard its difficult but i like it...its coo....point is if ur looking to get it id reccomend it one of the best games out for the wii......the new dbz budokai tenkaichi 3 should be good too...i hear theres a naruto one out that im looking to try ill tell bout it ud like....probally in another post...
    :shoot:yo im new to this sig thing so id appreciate comments and suggestions to my pm box k thanx :shoot:

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

The story mode makes perfect sense in the DS game, you just have to unlock the last story path because it's the series storyline. The first one is a made up one

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by nozkits View Post
    Why on BLeach do the bad guys get the most ridiculous names

Espada = Sword

Arrancar = to boot

Hueco Mundo = Hollow World.

Menos Grande = Less Large.
    Espada is pretty self-explanatory. They're the strongest of Aizen's army, they are his swords, as it were.

Hueco Mundo is the world of the Hollows, so I see no reason why it can't be called the "Hollow World".

Menos in this case means "minus". Good souls are called "Plusses", so it's another way to call it a freakin' huge hollow.

Finally, Arrancar comes from a Spanish verb that means "to remove" or "to rip off," referring to what is done with their mask. The kanji used to write their name is actually the kanji for "torn mask."

yah i kno that bout the ds on but i was talkn bout the wii one...i think they should have made hollow ichigo in the ds one have his own moves like the move where he slings the sword at ichigo by the wrap in the series...they should have takn out the masked dog dude as a character and put someone else cause they have him without the mask u know...

the names do make sense when u know wat they mean...thanx for that
    :shoot:yo im new to this sig thing so id appreciate comments and suggestions to my pm box k thanx :shoot: