View Poll Results: Who had the strongest relationship?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cecil and Rosa

11 25.58%
  • Cloud and Tifa

9 20.93%
  • Cloud and Aeris

7 16.28%
  • Squall and Rinoa

10 23.26%
  • Irvine and Selphie

4 9.30%
  • Zidane and Dagger

17 39.53%
  • Tidus and Yuna

13 30.23%
  • Shuyin and Lenne

6 13.95%
  • Balthier and Fran

5 11.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relationships

Who do you think had the strongest relationship in the Final Fantasy series???

Genreally i think Cloud and Tifa's sucked. they showed the least compassion amongst the others.

[levian]edit by Levian: Don't double post. Use the edit button if you want to add something to your posts.[/levian]

Blog Entries

Locke and Celes
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Squall & Rinoa! Gawd, that scene on the ragnarok with Eyes on Me and you know.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I vote none of the above.

The Onion Knights and Sara in FFIIIj did. They slept in her bed!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Locke and Celes
    Agree'd.

Squall and Rinoa also. May not like FFVIII that much, but it's true.

Also, maybe he didn't put Locke and Celes up because they're not really "established" or something. But seriously like the story between Locke and Celes is one of the most dominate (if you let it) storylines in the game.

I mean hell, the whole reason Celes is able to continue on with her life after an attempted suicide is because when she washed up on shore, there was that dove with Locke's Bandana tied to it's wing because it was broken. She then had Locke's Bandana with her to keep him close throughout the rest of the game, as you can see in the ending when Celes drops his bandana as they're all running out of Kefka's falling tower and she goes back to grab it as the place crumbles and Locke runs to her grabbing her as she started to fall with the place pulling her up (which he wasn't able to do for Rachel), then lectured her like any obscenely worried lover would with "Why would you risk your life for THAT?!" or what ever he said. Then pulling her and them getting to safety.

*waves Locke and Celes forever flag*

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Garland and Princess Sarah. He loved her so much he kidnapped her and ran away to a cave so they could be together.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Strong relationship? I'd say Zidane and Dagger because their relationship is more about supporting each other and caring for one another rather than just having overly mushy moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    I vote none of the above.

The Onion Knights and Sara in FFIIIj did. They slept in her bed!
    Princess Sara wasn't with them, though. However, when you visit the Blacksmith's house in FFVII, all your (max 9) party members sleep in that one bed.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Zidane and Dagger, it was a well thought out story as to how their relationship built up, plus their love was more about being there for each other

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Shuyin's and Lenne's was strong enough to come back from the dead and attempt to destroy the world over. That's a strong relationship.

Not to downplay the others.

Well, some of the others.

Some were pretty strong.

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

Squall and Rinoa. The Ragnarok scene proved it.

--Aegis.

I chose Tidus and Yuna, although that is the only pairing I have seen. (Except Shuyin and Lenne).
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Genreally i think Cloud and Tifa's sucked. they showed the least compassion amongst the others
    Oh so that's why Tifa stayed with Cloud 24/7 when he was a babbling vegetable instead of going off to save the world with the others? She DID kinda save him from a complete mental breakdown. Thanks to Tifa, Cloud could finally be Cloud. They were distant from each other because Cloud thought Tifa didn't like him and Tifa thought Cloud liked Aeris. To me I've always seen their relationship as one of the most complex and deep relationships of Final Fantasy. It was also more realistic as opposed to say, Zidane and Garnet (thief and the princess falling in love, blah blah). Well that's just my opinion. No offense to Z&G fans!
    Tidus and Yuna take second place...I mean they actually made a sequel just for them to be together, now that takes dedication (no matter how crappy it was!!) :-D
    Too big.

Locke and Celes are v interesting. But Balthier and Fran have the tightest bond, its Fran and Balthier, not just fran or Balthier, they are best as a duo and apart they seem incomplete
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think Fran and Balthier had a particularly strong relationship because they simply depended upon each other and, simply put, were a team. Although we aren't always shown this throughout the game, the scenes at the start of FFXII are a testament to their relationship, I think. Perhaps it's overlooked because we don't see two strangers develop a bond like we do with Squall and Rinoa or Tidus and Yuna.

Otherwise, I think Cloud had rather strong bonds with both Aeris and Tifa. I think the bond with Aeris rather speaks for itself, but with Tifa he managed to get his life back on track, learn about his past and support each other throughout thick and thin. I don't think Tifa would've come across as strong a character as she did if it weren't for the fact that she did, in the end, depend on Cloud more than people think. It was nice how a childhood friendship like that was able to rekindle even after years apart.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Tidus and Yuna...cuz after Tidus, well, yknow, there's a WHOLE SEQUEL where Yuna goes off to find him. And those songs in X-2? Oh man.

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.