oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Default Street Fighter 4

Street Fighter IV Announced news from 1UP.com

Nothing to really say about it, but Capcom has announced it.

It's going to be hard to follow up a game like 3rd Strike.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

It's games like this that make me want to get a ps3. SF is pro.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Holy . I thought that countdown had turned out to be for Bionic Commando, and I was a bit disappointed. But they really are working on Street Fighter IV. Very sweet.

It better make it to the 360, or I will cry blood.

Blog Entries

I wonder what they'll add to the engine with SF4. SF3 was pretty much perfect when it came to the engine, at least in my eyes. All it really lacked was characters from SF2 and SF1.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Trailer
    YouTube - Street fighter 4 trailer
    Getting a bit of an Okami vibe... I don't think this indicates that this will not be a 2D fighter, so 2D fans don't get too upset. It's just a trailer.

SF4 really has a high bar to reach for, not only from SF3 but because of the competition that has since come out. KOF is a perennial rival, but the Guilty Gear franchise started after SF3 was first released. Not that I think GG or KOF is better than Street Fighter (despite my choice of avatar), but there's a lot more serious competition out there now.

Usually I'm a big ol advocate for proper 2D artwork. But if they pull of the entire game in 3D with those kind of shaders in that style it'll look amazing.

I'm generally against this '2.5D' stuff, but I'd take that over generic capcom anime anyday.

EDIT: Also probably necessary if they're doing this in HD.
    Word/s.

Trailer looks amazing!Great news indeed!!

I think it's also time for another vs game...Marvel Super heroes vs Street Fighter was one of my favorite arcade fighters.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Hopefully this gets a European release, pissed me off that I never got to play 3rd Strike.

I see some nice fanservice is in order here. Im going to refrain from saying much as we havent seen any gameplay but the art direction looks decent, whether this will reflect much in the actual game is up in the air. I dont care too much about what system this will be on as long as its either the PS3 or 360. Not just because I own them but the Wii will ruin this game, sorry to be so blunt about it but it will. I would probably pick the PS3 version over the 360 just due to the fact that I hate the d-pad on the 360 controller. Capcom is nice when it comes to the features on either consoles so I dont think either system will lose out.

With KOF slowly digging its own grave and Guilty Gear following, lets hope SF4 can still keep it old-school.

What I've Done... The Amazing Spiderman's Avatar

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Seriously, I've been waiting for this since I even heard fake rumors about it! Can't believe it's true.

I hope they make it as much old-school as they can. Same style of playing, and awesome characters from the previous series. I'm hoping for Cammy, Chun Li, Urien, Yun/Yang, Guy and Ibuki to show up! No need to worry about Ryu, eh?

And, I'm still waiting for a Marvel VS series game.....but right now, that's impossible...=/
    FFT Class Reviews:

Lancer - Monk - Ninja - Bard

That trailer looks so damn awesome. I'm hoping this turns out great, except that I don't have either of the newer systems.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Not just because I own them but the Wii will ruin this game, sorry to be so blunt about it but it will.
    How exactly would the Wii go about ruining a fighting game? So long as one is able to use a Gamecube or Classic Controller, it shouldn't hinder a 2D Fighting Game too much, either graphically or engine-wise. It somewhat defeats the purpose of the controller, but its merely being on the Wii doesn't show any true signs of ruining the game. A good example of a fighting game on the Wii is Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core. It wasn't ruined (Or is it won't be?), because they allow the usage of both the GCN Controller and the Classic Controller.

Of course, I really shouldn't bother posting this. You probably already know what my stance on the Wii is, and it's completely off-topic. :x

As for what I can add to what I think of the trailer, the Art Style is definitely very good. But, unless the game is taking on this sort of style, it doesn't seem to tell us anything about the game at all. Now, if it does take on this style, that would be great. It's a pretty cool style. All I can really gather from the trailer, besides the style, is that Ryu and Ken are fighting with teh 1337 skillzorz. Something about it reminds me of the intro to SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos, but I really can't land what's reminding me of it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd really love it if the game actually looked like that. I mean for seriously. That would rock more than anything.

Blog Entries

Dude, being the biggest Capcom fan anywhere, I must say that this game will most likely even trump KoFXII if done right. This is definitely Capcom's answer to SNK saying that KoFXII will be the "ultimate 2D fighter." Heh, not if Capcom has anything to say about it.

Oh yeah, and for those worried about the game being in 3D, it won't be, it'll be in 2D and on the Taito Type X-2 hardware (which, ironically, is the same hardware KoFXII is on). More details will be revealed on the game tomorrow at capcom-unity.com and at an event in Japan in February, supposedly. So we'll just have to wait until then for more announcements.

But this is a hella great time to be a Capcom fan, I'll tell you. A new Bionic Commando, Gyakuten Saiban 4 being released in English, Megaman ZX Advent in English, SSFIITHDR, SPFIITHDR, and now SF4.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down