Thread: Nintendo asks for New Golden Sun

Default Nintendo asks for New Golden Sun

yes it's true, Nintendo asked the makers of Golden Sun for another one:
    Nintendo World Report - News Article: Takahashi Brothers Talk Golden Sun Sequel
    In an interview with Game Informer, Shugo and Hiroyuki Takahashi, the brotherly duo in charge of developer Camelot Software Planning, explained that they are still very much interested in making another game in their studio's acclaimed handheld RPG series, Golden Sun.

"First of all, I love that game and I love the world of Golden Sun," said Hiroyuki Takahashi when asked about the series. "We think we have to make another one. We have to do it! Not just that we have to do it, but we want to do it. Nintendo has asked us to please make it."

So why haven't we seen it pop up on future release lists if Camelot is so eager to get it going? "But at the same time we haven’t gotten around to making it," said Hiroyuki. "We’re not really sure why."

His brother Shugo had a better reason. "One of the reasons that we haven’t made Golden Sun is because there are so many fans of the game and we don’t want to do something half-assed. We want to give it the time it deserves."

As a final thought on the topic, Hiroyuki was asked if he'd like to see a new Golden Sun game on a handheld or on a console. He said he'd like something that would combine both—"with the past and the future." But, alas, "that's just a thought."
    THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Wicked. Hopefully once they're done with We Love Golf they can hunker down and get on it.

Yay.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Nice. I hope to see a Wii version in the future

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

cool

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Glee.

I'd like to see a console version in a sort of Star Ocean kinda fashion...that'd be so awesome!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Did they tell Nintendo they can only have one after they eat all their peas and clean their rooms?