Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: URGENT NEWS!

^Im sorry, I couldnt resist. It was just staring at me in the face.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I always wondered if he banged McGonagall.
    Now my question is answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Larahl View Post
    I always wondered if he banged McGonagall.
    Now my question is answered.
    Yeah, I know. Its obvious that McGonagall did some sex-changing magic to hide her little fling. Or should I say his little fling, the dirty little bastard.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Blog Entries

Fail.

there was a picture here

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I'm not sure why it was necessary to make Dumbledore homosexual, really. I suppose it adds more to the Grindelwald back story, but it just seems a bit tacked on. Still, nice to have it cleared up, I suppose. I always assumed he was unmarried because no woman could tame those half-moon glasses. ... Apparently I was right.
    Since when is anyone's sexual orientation "necessary"? Why is it "necessary" for Harry to be straight? Some people are gay, some people are straight. Same goes for fictional people, I suppose.

*throws HOMOPHOBE stones at Heath*
    Just didn't feel particularly relevant to the story and I feel that if it were that important a point to make, that she mentions it several months after the series ended, she could've made it in the books themselves.

Are homophobe stones straight or jagged?
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

@Manus head

No. Just no.

Its 12 O Clock and England just lost the rugby...

MEANIE

clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I'm not sure why it was necessary to make Dumbledore homosexual, really. I suppose it adds more to the Grindelwald back story, but it just seems a bit tacked on. Still, nice to have it cleared up, I suppose. I always assumed he was unmarried because no woman could tame those half-moon glasses. ... Apparently I was right.
    Since when is anyone's sexual orientation "necessary"? Why is it "necessary" for Harry to be straight? Some people are gay, some people are straight. Same goes for fictional people, I suppose.

*throws HOMOPHOBE stones at Heath*
    Just didn't feel particularly relevant to the story and I feel that if it were that important a point to make, that she mentions it several months after the series ended, she could've made it in the books themselves.

Are homophobe stones straight or jagged?
    Homophobe stones are igneous.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

What, I can't believe this, this is absurd obviously you're tricking everyone and it's fake!

Yellow Winged Angel

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

She obviously knows people will eat up any HP info they can get so why not throw them a few bones (no pun intended)? Maybe she enjoys the spotlight. I know I would if people cared so much about things I made up.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

It would have been nice if she would have mentioned it in the book but at the same time I think it is appropriate that she didn't. In a way, it is a message saying that homosexuality does not define a person. The fact that Dumbledore was gay had no real significance to the story or character development. Its only relevance it would have was in the seventh book but there was hardly a way that she could have brought it up with Dumbledore being dead and all. I also assume he was secretive about it considering how long ago it must have been when he was that young.

Then again, maybe I am reading into it a little bit too much.

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

I vaguely remember reading Deathly Hallows (SPOILER)during the Snape memories chapter and thinking Snape and Dumbledore were having a few 'moments'. Which was really weird, because I'm not into the shipping aspect of Harry Potter and looking for 'hints' wasn't on my mind at all. I thought I was just being stupid. Maybe I was, but this makes me want to reread the book now.

But anyways, usually gays aren't portrayed very well in mainstream stuff, so this is cool

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    She obviously knows people will eat up any HP info they can get so why not throw them a few bones (no pun intended)? Maybe she enjoys the spotlight. I know I would if people cared so much about things I made up.
    I suppose so. I mean, I'm not going to start a "well this ruins the entire series!!!!!!" movement or anything. Having read the post by The Summoner of Leviathan, perhaps it was a rather nice point to make that one's sexuality doesn't define their person. Dunno, just rather didn't seem like a terribly important thing to reveal when I first read it.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have to go with my dad's theory. She read some fanfiction where he was deemed of the homosexual nature, thought it sounded good and in order to get the last laugh, said "Guess what? Dumbledore's gay!"

This was pretty much my response:

Blog Entries

lol even Dumbledore is gay where the hell did she get that idea?... I thought Harry Potter was gay not Dumbledore!

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I still think he's manipulative and heartless (SPOILER) especially towards Sniv! so it hasn't really changed my interpretation of his personality.

But I think you can read his backstory in quite a different way now. Oh God, and when (SPOILER) Rita Skeeter says "I devote an entire chapter to the whole Potter-Dumbledore relationship" I crack up laughing. I'm stupid like that.