Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much better this game would have been if there was no X-2?

X-2 doesn't ruin this game for me. X is one of my favorite games of all time, and I enjoy playing it over and over until this day. If X-2 bothers you so much, then just don't acknowledge it!

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    I ended up forgiving X2 for spoiling X because the battle system was slick and fun and the dresspheres were very powerful. But yeah, as a sequel to X it failed.
    I agree. FF X-2 was actually pretty enjoyable to play, and a big part of that was the battle system. I still think it's a rather decent game, but it just didn't live up to the great-ness of its predecessor.

X-2 doesn't ruin FFX. FFX is still a brilliant game with the best love story and a great story on whole. But it does ruin the ending of FFX. It was an emotional ending, having the next game focus on 3 girls gathering spheres just doesn't do it for me. And I <3 FFX so much.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

FFX ended on the perfect note. Mind you, I enjoyed X-2 a lot, but I felt it diminished the carryover characters because they weren't true to themselves as established in X. I could overlook the other shortcomings because it was a fun game. But it did not improve on Yuna's story, it just extended it.

But any game with Leblanc in it is still worth playing, Loves.

I hated Yuna in FFX but in FFX-2 she's even worse before she was a do gooder but she turns into a wanbe reble e.g to cid can you help us pops and all that crap on the bad ending when she gives a speech about not finding him and she doen't care. at least before she had a heart.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the emotional hold ffx's ending holds over me is in no way diminished due to ffx-2. Especially considering if you get the bad or the normal endings

Now, I haven't played FFX-2 before, but I've spoiled myself to some of it [like pictures and stuff] ... so.
    So far from what I see, the only thing that FFX2 ruins about FFX is THE CHARACTERS! Why don't I get to see Lulu and Wakka more often? Why is Yuna so freakin' different? WHY IS RIKKU AN AIRHEAD DRESSED IN A BIKINI TOP!?
    I liked Yuna in FFX. She was a nice character. She had good taste in clothes [or rather, had a nice design of clothing in FFX], and she seemed nice enough. Then in FFX2, I see her holding guns and dressed in Rikku FFX style. It just doesn't suit her character. Guns? I'll get over it. Shorts? I'll get over that too. But both of them on Yuna? I need some time to stomach that.
    And I LOVED Rikku in FFX. She reminds me of my best friend - somewhat naive, childish, but thoughtful. Rikku had two distinguished layers - the bubbly appearance and the heart that cares and worries about Yuna. But then ... in FFX-2, she has barely enough clothes to scrap together, and she acts like an airhead [or at least from what I heard]. Rikku is ruined!!!

BUT ... regardless, I think that if you treat FFX-2 as a "fanfiction" of FFX, rather than an official "sequel", you can probably live with it. They're two different games to me, and once I have a chance, I'd probably play FFX-2 anyway

Yeah,a "what if..." approach,i think is the right way to go.Especially a "what if things went horribly wrong".
    Anyway,FFx-2 is fun as a game and i'm thankful that i was able to revisit Spira (and explore a handful of new locations) even in a painful way...

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I have nothing against X2 but I'm sure most of you dislike it for the same reasons I dislike all the anime-extensions of Dragonball, namely GT.

In which case I sympathise, but the core dragonball/z manga remains the same. I read it and don't regard GT, filler, or the films to exist or to be canon. So it doesn't affect it.
    jkhkjg

It retroactively ruined the story, but the gameplay in X-2 is pretty sweet. Except for the backtracking....

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Do like me, pretend FFX-2 doesn't exist.

Problem solved.

Okay, I'll say this now. I don't like X to begin with. However I will give it credit where it deserves, It ended it in the best way possible.

The way X-2 allows you to bring back Tidus kinda ruined X's only good point.

Edit: Okay, not only. I did think the battle set up was fun. And a couple other random things.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Well...you did have the option of not bringing Tidus back...if you didn't want to see him you should have said "It's better this way" or whatever it was

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

This game isn't any better or any worse depending on whether X-2 exists. I mean, if Square had never made X-2, X would be exactly the same. It's basic chronology. :rolleyes2

I don't see what everybody's problem is. Just mute the TV, make sure you don't get any good ending, and X-2 suddenly becomes bearable.
    This is a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    As for Yuna the way i see it,if there was no X-2,i would have assumed that she would have continued her life probably as a politician (or some other humanitarian proffesion) and helped to rebuild Spira.And judging from her character in FFX i don't think she would have ever tried to marry or start another relationship.
    I aboslutly agree with you- one of the things I could never get my head round was the fact that Yuna goes from respectable High Summoner, symbolic leader of the people of Spira, to some girly superficial idiot who hunts for old movies. What happened there?

Howver, X2 as a whole didn't bother me- Yuna has changed enough to annoy, but not enough to completly destroy her character. In fairness, she may be more outgoing now, bu that is probally half to do with Tidus' and Rikku's influance, and half because shes not so worryied about having to act as a human sacrfice anymore. Plus, its been 2 years, people change.

X Rikku to X2 Rikku reminds me of VII Yuffie to VIIoC Yuffie... grr. Still, again, not a huge deal. In truth, I still quite like Rikku and Yuna, and I think Payne (or however you spell it) was a pretty cool addition to the cast.

Back to the topic, I'll say that X2 makes X looks awesome, mainly because of how utterlly bad some of it is (and I do say some of it, parts of it were great). I mean, I wasn't a fan of X compared to other Final Fantasy's, but all the things that were wrong with X are 20x worse here, which makes them look better in X, and therefore makes X look better then it rightly should.

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!