Thread: Talk-Them-Dead RPGs

Default Talk-Them-Dead RPGs

Is anybody here, except for yours truly, a fan of the RPGs where you have the opportunity to solve problems/quests by simply saying the right thing, yet still have a 9mm in your pocket if the conversation turns into the (un)desired direction? Gridding or go-there-get-that is beginning to bore me immensely. I've recently beat Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines and would love to play another game that'd allow me to use alternative ways of solving objectives rather than just taking down one platoon of storm-troopers after another.

If you still haven't got a clue what I'm talking about, Deus Ex is another good example of this genre. (Elder Scrolls and Arx Fatalis also go a bit in the desired direction, but are far from being as talkative as the two games named above)

Suggestions?

I'd suggest the Fallout series (particularly Fallout 2) if you're interested in that kind of stuff, because depending on your character's intelligence level many quests in those games can be solved by just talking to people.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Neverwinter Nights/2 revolves around Charisma to get some extra goodies.

:]

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Kossage View Post
    I'd suggest the Fallout series (particularly Fallout 2) if you're interested in that kind of stuff, because depending on your character's intelligence level many quests in those games can be solved by just talking to people.
    And don't use Jet. Jet make you go no smart and talkie skill go buh bye.

Fallout 2 is awesome.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fallout. If you've got the right character, and have done the right stuff in the game, you can defeat the last boss through speaking rather than combat. That's such amazing win.

Okay, I guess I'll get that. Thanks guys.