Thread: 'Enemy Phase'

Default 'Enemy Phase'

hey, i'm a fan of tactical games (such as FF Tactics ) and this is really a question for those of you who share this interest. I love the games where your characters' turns are worked out by their speed, and how long it's been since their last go, and i cant seem to get into the games with 'Your Phase' and 'Enemy Phase'. What are the benefits with having these two phases, and what's your opinion?

I don't like Advance Wars, either.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would answer this thread and/or move it to the appropriate forum but I totally have no idea what you're talking about.

Probably 'cause I hate FFT.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm assuming you're asking for a comparison of games in which you input commands for individual character turns against games in which you input commands for your party as a whole; am I correct?

If so, I run into very few of the latter, and I prefer the former.

umm, no Ouch!, umm, ok, so in FF Tactics they have a CT bar right? and whoever's CT bar fills up first gets a turn, be it an ally or enemy. The games i dont like are the ones where one whole team gets their turn in the same 'phase' (like, it says in big letters on the screen 'PLAYER PHASE' or 'ENEMY PHASE' and the whole team gets their turn before you get your next go), so, if one of your team is very wounded, you dont have the chance for their CT bar to fill up and run away, instead, you have to wait for their WHOLE team to walk up, one by one, and slaughter the living sh*t out of your character

Jeanna D'Arc is like this, but i've heard that's great...umm also Advance Wars ^^^ and tactics ogre