Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the rest of your life.......

Default For the rest of your life.......

What kind of job would you want? I'm in college right now and I'm working at a pretty menial job right now just trying to get by. I'm pretty sure that if I knew what I wanted to do with the rest of my life I would be fine and more focused on my school work. The problem is that I really don't know what I wanna do..... I mean I feel kinda like that guy on "Office Space" when he says that if he had a million dollars all he would wanna do is sit around and do nothing. I don't have many dreams! When people talk about what they want out of their life all I can think of is being able to sit down and read a book that I like or playing video games or hanging out with friends. Has anyone here decided what they want to do for the rest of their life?

And now I realize that except for the "Office Space" referance that this has no place in this section. Sorry! Wasn't thinking.
    Last edited by Gopher Gamble; 10-22-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Wasn't thinking.
    Sig removed for exceeding the maximum limit of awesomeness.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A dream job would be a traveller. I don't know if that is a job, but it would be pretty awesome. Travel the world. That's all!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think I'd like to be a historian. It's a job I'd love to have. I think the idea of poring over books and putting together all the information to find out all the information about a particular person, group or event in my own account and to express my opinions on it. I like being able to look at something and having the ability to interpret all the evidence to reach my own judgement and do all the thinking about what could or could not have happened, why something happened in the first place and what else it has effected. To earn my crust, I'd do some teaching as well, mixed in with some Indiana Jones-style adventuring while assuring them all that all historical work takes place in the classroom. Then I'd take over from Tony Robinson on Time Team.

Yep.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If someone would pay for me to travel the world and take photos, I can't imagine anything more fun than that. Since I don't really see that happening, I think being a set photographer for films would be really fun too and I can see that being a possibility in my future.

I think being a food critic would be a ton of fun too, but I'm way too picky for that to ever happen. But what's more fun that eating food for a living and then getting to tell everyone what you thought about it and have your opinion carry a lot of weight?

*kicks thread into GC*

Third-String QB for the New England Patriots.

Never have to play (except for practice snaps), make a six-figure salary regardless, essentially have an awesome personal trainer as I keep in good shape during practice, get to travel all around the US, get to watch football games for free, oh and when (not even if at this point) they win the Superbowl I get a sweet SB Champion ring.
    What I've been listening to:

pay me to sleep.

I've always had this strange desire to hurl a great axe into a tree (while spinning widly before hand of course) or doing the freak nasty in a rainforest. But being able to create my own videogames is my dream. I have so many ideas brewin in me ol noggin that I cant wait to show the world (Err the world of videogames that is). I really dont even care if anyone enjoys them...as long as I do (right?)

Traveling the world would also be quite sweet.
    "When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.""
    -God-

I would love to become a folk musician. It would make me no money, but I can think of no better fulfillment in life than trying to change the world through something as universal as music.

If that doesn't work out, I would be perfectly happy teaching at a college or university. History, Religion, Philosophy, I wouldn't care. I just love the thought of making a minimum of $70,000 a year being at work for only 10 hours a week. Yes, you have to write papers, but I can do that pretty easy.

The hard part is just geting the PhD. It's all just attrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    I would love to become a folk/metal musician. It would make me no money, but I can think of no better fulfillment in life than trying to change the world through something as universal as music.
    What he said/I added. Folk metal rocks.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I don't believe it's natural for a person to have just one job for the rest of their life.

I'm a strong believer that jobs are meant to educated, train, and challenge people and consequently develope unique and special talents in an individual that they can share with the world.

I've worked (as a/in) retail, camp counselour, events co-ordinator, curator and I value all my experience as part of a fuel source that will drive my momentum to achieve something that will benefit others and myself.

You know, I guess when it comes down to it my life long job is to be a student.

Boldly go.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

While learning and growing and work not mutually exclusive, I'm wont to disagree since I've always held a general contempt for working.

The ideal job would go towards paying for a quick and early retirement.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

People also need to make a living; a consequence of our modern world unfortunately.

If I could I'd like to be paid to be a hobo.
    Otherwise, get a job testing functionality usability and safety of different things for people to use. I will get to play with the gadgets or computers or help design airplanes all day hooray.
    :mog: Feed Me cookies and I will love you forever or until I smite you.

Blog Entries

a Professional pot smoker

I'm going to graduate in about 7 weeks and I can't answer this question... I might be in trouble.