Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AND FIRE IN THE SKY

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

holy crap it took me way to long to remember what lyrics 'fire in the sky' was from.

btw you guys can borrow some of the rain we're getting right now or maybe georgia. Which area is in more distress, those burning or those withering?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    holy crap it took me way to long to remember what lyrics 'fire in the sky' was from.

btw you guys can borrow some of the rain we're getting right now or maybe georgia. Which area is in more distress, those burning or those withering?
    The withering areas. California will sink off of the coast of the United States within fifty years.

Fire is overrated. Way too many people are obsessed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post

The withering areas. California will sink off of the coast of the United States within fifty years.
    I heard that 50 years ago.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Me and my friends used to start fires all the time when we were 12 or 13, in secluded areas and the like. We were SOOOOOOOO badass!!!
    Me too! Except I was like 7 or 8 and he was like 9 or 10 and we used to go around setting stuff on fire, and by we I mean him and I was going "wahhh okay that's too big now let's put it out!!" and he was like "don't worry I can control it ^__^" and then I was gone one day and he set fires by himself and burned the whole backyard areas of the apartments and the fire trucks came and he got grounded. XD

I also burned myself with a match when I was 3 so I don't really like starting up matches or lighters since.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

I live in southern ca. There was a fire on a hill not too far from my house, but I live in an area were we get the fires every year pretty much. It's pretty wide spread this year though. I got out of class today though and ash sucks and no not ashe from ff. Hope everyone is okay.
    :mog: Feed Me cookies and I will love you forever or until I smite you.

An unknown quantity Disco Potato's Avatar

Dang @ Miriel's stories
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    My friends who go to UCSD and UCI have been evacuated cause of the crazy storm of fires that are devouring California right now. It's pretty nuts.
    Yesterday voluntary evacuations were going on with people who live a few minutes away from us. My brother's school/my high school was shut today, and might still be in trouble, though I think the chance of anything happening to it is less than yesterday. I didn't know I still cared about it so much until all this stuff started going on

Today I had a midterm so I had to go to school, but my family was still uncomfortably close (in my opinion) to one fire so I was calling home every couple of hours . I know a lot of people from high school going to UCSD, so I'm a little worried about them . And of course, the air isn't that great around here. I've had allergies all day

I live in Southern California too....I saw some ash today probably from the Arrowhead fire. Its been WAY windy by my house still...it bangs my windows really loud and enables me to sleep..also my allergies are killing me...watery eyes!!!

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

We had bonfires a lot when I was younger. I've never been that much of a pyro, though. One of my friends would use cans of Axe as flamethrowers and caught his yard on fire once with gasoline.

If he did that today, I think it might engulf the entire drought-ridden state of Georgia.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The winds have been terrible. This morning I woke up to tree branches covering the street. A whole tree fell on my neighbors car and our roses were destroyed.

I'm always getting caught for burning random in my room; incense, and essential oils, usually. =/ HAH. But yeah. Sometimes when I was a kid and I used to go out to posh restaurants -- posh enough to have little matchboxes and stuff on every table -- I'd run outside and create tissue paper bonfires. Awesome stuff.

I love playing with fire. I love matches and I love sniffing the air after
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I hope none of your houses burn down.

My friend and I put a stack of cardboard and styrofoam ontop of a tarp, poured some gas and oil ontop of it and then wrapped a cloth around an arrow. We dipped the cloth-tipped arrow into some oil and gasoline and then lit it on fire and fired it at the pil of cardboard and styrofoam.

It was pretty funny seeing a fireball in his backyard.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I loove the smells from bonfires etc.

At Sherdley Show I once set a napkin alight with my sparkler. My Mum went mad, I was like 10. That's all Ive ever set alight

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

There was a run-down tennis court back where I used to live. Some guys were playing and knocked a ball way out of the court. They went into the fields (unkempt with dry grass at least a few feet tall) behind the courts and searched. When they couldn't find it, they decided to light matches, throw them on the ground, and beat out the flames before it spread.

They torched a couple acres. =D

Edit: I like jumping over bonfires.