Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you deal with regrets?

Default How do you deal with regrets?

Well, I need help with dealing with my regrets because I guess matybe part of me is insecure, even though sometime people tell me that I'm a little bit cocky! One of my regrets was that I kissed my mom on the lips when I was like 11 or 12, but I did it at the spur of a moment without thinking at all and my mom didn't say anything! My regret is that by looking it, it seem to be a taboo to me! Any advice, that would makes me feel more at ease, would help! In addition, should I tell my mom about this regret of mine? There are more regrets in my life, but I'm going to my school counselor for that!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Not sure. :/

Try saying sorry?

Quote Originally Posted by GOD GUNDAM View Post
    One of my regrets was that I kissed my mom on the lips when I was like 11 or 12, but I did it at the spur of a moment without thinking at all and my mom didn't say anything! My regret is that by looking it, it seem to be a taboo to me!

Well, as far as I'm concerned, as long as it didn't cause you to have any "feelings" I don't see anything wrong with it. The thing is, she probably didn't think anything about it either. Now, it would be a whole different story if it had been a "French" kiss with tongue action and everything. :yuck:
    Last edited by prayzer; 10-20-2007 at 03:53 PM. Reason: left something out
    NO SIGNATURE NEEDED!!

Blog Entries

yeah, if it was a peck then whatever.

And I don't regret anything in my life. It's all only made me smarter and better. Why bother dwelling on the things you can't change?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I deal with regrets by pushing them all deep, deep down inside me to the most repressed places of my mind and letting them lightly simmer there for years.

Is your mom hot? Because if so, kissing her is perfectly fine and natural. I would suggest doing more things. Keep it in the family, you know?

I ignore my regrets until they give up and go away.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My kids gave me goooey kisses on the mouth all the time when they were toddlers. (Pecks with lips full of PB & Jelly you pervs!)

Don't fret, even if you did do more than just a peck on the cheek that got misdirected, it is very normal. Freud has proved that almost 80 years ago, the first interest of a boy is the mom and for a girl is the dad. It isn't something sick or even sexual it is just the beginning of the development of every healthy human being. Getting over those feelings and realizing that your true feelings for your parents are different than what you feel for a girl / boy is part of learning about love and the different kinds of love.

Those feelings happen with parents and caretakers such as teachers, mentors or even shrinks. And that is why it is so wrong - even illegal - for a teacher to date a student. Because the student is going through a natural phase but the adult teacher is way past it. So the adult is taking advantage of the student's innocence and lack of knowledge.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Um... I asked my dad for a french kiss when I was 13. It's a strange time in life and things we do are incredibly weird. Forget about it. Don't worry about it. That isn't worth your thinking time. There are far worse things to regret. My regrets are valid. And I will regret my actions for the rest of my life. Some days I'm almost paralyzed by guilt and grief. Other days I am able to keep it in my depths. If it was truly something to regret it would be with you for the rest of your life. I doubt kissing your mom on the lips as a kid is really going to stay with you that long.
    " The secret is to just keep moving."- Franka Potente, actress
    " All the world is a stage." - Jacques, As You Like It by Shakespeare

You learn things about who you feel you should be but then you see these things are not you at all.

I guess it was a peck and thank God for that!
    Last edited by GOD GUNDAM; 10-21-2007 at 04:46 AM.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post

I ignore my regrets until they give up and go away.
    Basically, yeah.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I just move on and get over it. Dwelling will only make me feel worse, what's done is done. I just forget about it.

I don't have any. Regrets are worthless and will only make you upset. So my advise is to leave the past in the past. Learn from it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom65437 View Post
    I don't have any. Regrets are worthless and will only make you upset. So my advise is to leave the past in the past. Learn from it and move on.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

I will say sorry if i feel regret...

Regretss=crap=dumpster