View Poll Results: What do you think of Batman & Batman Returns?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like those films.

6 40.00%
  • I hate those films.

3 20.00%
  • ...Those films are okay.

5 33.33%
  • I used to like those films...but I don't anymore.

1 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of Tim Burton's Batman?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I admire Tim Burton's vision even in the movies I feel are unsucessful. Batman Returns is a better movie than the first one, but he took the wrong approach with the Penguin by making him a grotesque. I actually liked his take on Catwoman. And Michael Gough's performance as Alfred was simply wonderful. After seeing Jim Carrey as the Riddler I wished he had been cast as the Joker. He had the lanky loony look down perfect.

All the same, I think Burton's best movies are the ones that are animated. There he can indulge in his amazing visions without it being too jarring, as it usually is in his live action films. The only live action movie of his I thought was almost perfect was Ed Wood, and in there the visuals were played down.

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    I hate Batman altogether.
    Then why the hell did you even bother posting here!?
    Just to bug you, John. Why else would I?
    Because you're a spammer.

I hate Batman altogether.
    Then why the hell did you even bother posting here!?
    Just to bug you, John. Why else would I?
    Because you're a spammer.
    Sorry, pal, but I believe that saying "Batman sucks" is more than on-topic in a Batman related thread. If you have a problem with me, let's go and clear it outside!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Both of you stop it right now!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love Tim Burton like for serious, and my favorite superhero is Batman, but those movies... meh.

I think they're better than some of the other ones, but I'm not really a fan.

OOC:John, do you need to make a new Batman/Superman/superhero fanchise thread every week?
    Last edited by Rengori; 10-26-2007 at 06:25 AM.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Never being much of a Batman fan, I found Tim Buron's Batman movies to be consistently more entertaining then Batman Begins. Batman Begins took itself way too series for a superhero movie imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    OOC:John, do you need to make a new Batman/Superman/superhero fanchise thread every week?
    Well if you don't like it tough luck...you don't have to respond to threads, you can ignore them you know.

I like them....alot. Tim Burton knew how to capture what Batman is, dark. He was able to get a great cast in both movies which I thought helped the movies alot, Devito's and Walkers acting was much underappreciated in Batman Returns.

If anything, whether they were good movies or not, they were the most Batman out of all the Batman movies, for that I give Burton alot of respect. Batman is not about kung fu dojo's, big military tanks and "realism" for all you lot who think Batman Begins was the best Batman movie.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Batman is not about kung fu dojo's
    I'm quite certain that's exactly how he trained in the comics (including training with the league of assassins if I'm not mistaken).

big military tanks and "realism" for all you lot who think Batman Begins was the best Batman movie.
    You've never read Dark Knight Returns have you? Or Batman Year One for that matter? Batman Begins was based heavily off of Frank Miller's best work with the character, which included taking a darker and grittier slant with him. Something that Batman Begins also did better than the other Batman movies. Burton's films were dark in the usual surreal sense that most of his movies are dark, but there was far to much camp in them for me to think of them as actually giving a dark portrayal to the character.

Oh yeah, and he gave him a tank for the Batmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    His two Batman movies are undoubtedly the best Batman movies out there. Batman Begins is nowhere near as good.
    Yeah...Batman Begins is not only the best Batman but the best comic book adaptation ever. I know people who hate Batman love this movie.

Tim Burton made his batman movies feel like comic books and he did a wonderful job with them. Compared to Forever and Batman and Robin (HOLY BATCRAP!) they're pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Thompson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    His two Batman movies are undoubtedly the best Batman movies out there. Batman Begins is nowhere near as good.
    Yeah...Batman Begins is not only the best Batman but the best comic book adaptation ever. I know people who hate Batman love this movie.
    I said that Batman Begins was sucky compared to the ones Burton did... But, whatever

Even that...Begins was an excellent movie with a stellar ensemble cast (with exeption of Katie Holmes but Maggie Gyllenhaal took over her role) and while Burton's movies are good are no where near the quality of Batman Begins. Not saying you're wrong for having a personal preference but they were not better made movies.