Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Official Amazing Race 12 Thread!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default The Official Amazing Race 12 Thread!

Season 12 is here!!!

Some locations are (SPOILER)Alaska, Ireland, Croatia, Japan, and Taipen.

The teams are Kynt/Vyxsin (Dating Goths), Jennifer/Nathan (Dating), Ronald/Christina (Father/Daughter), Shana/Jennifer (Best Friends), Azaria/Hendekea (Siblings), Lorena/Jason (Dating), Nicolas/Donald (Grandfather/Grandson), Ari/Staella (Best Friends), Marianna/Julia (Sisters), Axl Rose/Cher, erm, Rachel/TK (Dating for almost one year), and Kate/Pat (Married Ministers).

My personal favorites are Kynt/Vyxsen, Ronald/Christina, Nicolas/Donald, Rachel/TK, and Kate/Pat.

My predictions...

#11)Ari/Staella
    #10)Kate/Pat
    #9)Marianna/Julia
    #8)Shana/Jennifer
    #7)Lorena/Jason
    #6)Nicolas/Donald
    #5)Azaria/Hendekea
    #4)Ronald/Christina
    #3)Jenifer/Nathan
    #2)Kynt/Vyxsen
    #1)Rachel/TK

Discuss.

I dont watch the show, and I wont keep up, but my vote is for the old Asian couple.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Um, they are father/daughter.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've never watched it and probably never will given that I'm not in the US, but I think that the fact that Kate & Pat have God on their side might be a fairly big advantage! I've read about this show on Wikipedia and it does sound like a really interesting concept though.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    I used to watch this show all the time! Holy crap, I need to watch it. NOW! :3 *watches*

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I've never watched it and probably never will given that I'm not in the US, but I think that the fact that Kate & Pat have God on their side might be a fairly big advantage! I've read about this show on Wikipedia and it does sound like a really interesting concept though.
    Actually, I believe it does appear in all six continents.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Actually, I believe it does appear in all six continents.
    May well do, but I imagine it appears on satellite/cable in Britain, with I don't have
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

They are still making this garbage? I guess some people will watch anything...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Thompson View Post
    They are still making this garbage? I guess some people will watch anything...
    Please, if you don't care, don't post.

I've seen other threads about not liking something about being able to post so DON'T PATRONIZE ME.

I can see the appeal of this show after one season, or even a couple. But how can people watch THE SAME thing for 12 seasons? Doesn't it get boring? There isn't anything of substance in the show, either. Then again, I think 99% of reality TV is complete bullocks and is responsible for the deteriorating creative, intelligence and taste levels in our world. Oh, let's watch Ty Pennington scream about the 1000 house they've redone for poor family 1000! THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!

Sorry, reality TV just pisses me off. It's the cheapest, easiest form of television that costs the production companies nothing (except usually for the one or two hosts) and they make million from advertising. Why would a production company spend money on acting talent, writers etc when all they need is six cameras and people that want their 15 mins of fame?

If this thread is for Amazing Race fans IT SHOULD SAY THAT to keep those who don't like it out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Thompson
    Doesn't it get boring?
    No.
    Then again, I think 99% of reality TV is complete bullocks and is responsible for the deteriorating creative, intelligence and taste levels in our world.
    Good for you.
    Oh, let's watch Ty Pennington scream about the 1000 house they've redone for poor family 1000! THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!
    Have you ever watched an episode of anything reality TV? The concept is the same but the people, places, tasks, and emotion instilled into the show is the reason people come back. You see, it's not like Ty Pennington builds the same house for the same family for the same reason using the same things, hell, the stories behind the people really make it interesting. As for the Amazing Race, there are several resons I like it.

1. It's funny.
    2. It's exciting.
    3. The contestans are colorful.
    4. The relationships build.
    5. The people are real, they aren't actors, they act and look realistic 90% of the time.

Hell, if you don't like Reality TV, fine, if you want to post your opinion, fine. But if you are posting merely to say you think it's garbage and be rude, narrow-minded, and obnoxious, than make your own damn thread instead of completely warping the attention to you and your own opinions. This isn't EoEo, stop acting like it is.

OT: The show premeires on November 4.

5. The people are real, they aren't actors, they act and look realistic 90% of the time.
    Defence like this makes me wonder about the people who enjoy reality TV as well. Reality TV is more fake than fictional shows. I think you're just upset no one else on this whole site cares about this crappy show. You're defending it pretty hard for something you didn't have a hand in creating.

Hell, if you don't like Reality TV, fine, if you want to post your opinion, fine. But if you are posting merely to say you think it's garbage and be rude, narrow-minded, and obnoxious, than make your own damn thread instead of completely warping the attention to you and your own opinions.
    I did post my opinion. But I guess as long as it doesn't condescend on your own it's fine? So I'm rude, narrow-minded (I'm not the one who watch reality TV, okay?) obnoxious (perhaps, but it's my schtick). I'm not even sure how I was being rude. I was insulting something NON-RELATED TO YOU so you taking it personally (for whatever reason) is your own fault. I had good reasons for disliking it.

Sorry I don't like reality television. Perhaps you are the rude, narrow-minded, obnoxious one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Defence like this makes me wonder about the people who enjoy reality TV as well. Reality TV is more fake than fictional shows. I think you're just upset no one else on this whole site cares about this crappy show. You're defending it pretty hard for something you didn't have a hand in creating.
    You are way too quickyl drawing conclusions. First of all, how the hell do you know this? Second of all, I'm not defending the show, I'm defending a thread I created, and I certainly don't want my thread to turn into an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Thompson
    But I guess as long as it doesn't condescend on your own it's fine?
    What the smurfing hell? You've seen me post in like, what, two threads? You don't know me, I promote individuality and opinion, but why be rude?

(I'm not the one who watch reality TV, okay?)
    Because I enjoy reality televison I'm narrow-minded? Logically and morally link this, Mr. Thompson.

Perhaps you are the rude, narrow-minded, obnoxious one.
    I'm not the one warping the one warping the damn thread.

I'm sorry. People posting 'I don't watch it' is soooo enjoyable. This thread is tops. Even though there is the number 12 on the thread title it is original folks. This IS NOT a sequel! Do not be fooled!

Because I enjoy reality televison I'm narrow-minded? Logically and morally link this, Mr. Thompson.
    You're the biggest hypocrite, do you know that? You called me narrow-minded for not liking The Amazing Race yet when I say you're narrow-minded for liking it you want me to logically and morally link it. How about you link the fact you're a hypocrite, have no respect for others tastes or opinions.

You know what I'm against about reality TV? The fact young, impressionable minds watch 'reality TV' and because of the title and the real people may confuse reality with reality. I'll list all my reasons for disliking reality TV and you can list all your reasons why it's great. My list will be in my own thread.

I wasn't being rude to you, or anyone else in the forum. I was being rude to the companies that produce this trash. You're just angry because I'm insulting your taste. I'm also not the one that told me to 'get of my thread unless you agree with me' because I asked a simple, generalized question. I apoligize for being rude and or obnoxious when you jump on my for MY opinions and my taste. Just because you created a thread doesn't mean you should 'defend it's honour'. You gotta expect some negatively, especially when dealing with a broad topic like reality television.

I'm sorry you didn't want the thread to be an argument (which you instigated, by the by) and be a circle jerk about the amazing race 1200. I'll leave you to your thread. Hopefully you're not alone in your enjoyment of the show but so far no one else has posted saying they were looking forward to it. Someone who lost interest 8 seasons ago watched but that doesn't count.

Enjoy the thread, I'll make my own. I won't post in yours, don't post in mine. Deal?
    Last edited by Jon Thompson; 11-02-2007 at 08:02 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Deal.

You're the biggest hypocrite, do you know that? You called me narrow-minded for not liking The Amazing Race yet when I say you're narrow-minded for liking it you want me to logically and morally link it. How about you link the fact you're a hypocrite, have no respect for others tastes or opinions.
    I'm fine with you not liking the show, okay? Do you honestly think I care? I didn't call you narrow-minded for disliking th show, that makes no sense, I called you narrow-minded due to the fact you pop into a thread to obviously start an EoEo-esque argument. If I wanted that I would have gone into EoEo, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Thomspon
    You know what I'm against about reality TV? The fact young, impressionable minds watch 'reality TV' and because of the title and the real people may confuse reality with reality. I'll list all my reasons for disliking reality TV and you can list all your reasons why it's great. My list will be in my own thread.
    Young? You're two not even two years older than me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Thomspon
    I wasn't being rude to you, or anyone else in the forum. I was being rude to the companies that produce this trash. You're just angry because I'm insulting your taste. I'm also not the one that told me to 'get of my thread unless you agree with me' because I asked a simple, generalized question. I apoligize for being rude and or obnoxious when you jump on my for MY opinions and my taste. Just because you created a thread doesn't mean you should 'defend it's honour'. You gotta expect some negatively, especially when dealing with a broad topic like reality television.
    Again, I don't care if you like Reality TV or not, don't spam my thread. If you are posting in this thread, say if you will or won't watch it, why, or don't post at all. Simple as that, ok?
    Last edited by Laddy; 11-04-2007 at 02:06 AM.